• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 07:37 PM

What...no pic of the battered finned hydro unit??   :(   And I gotta add this.....Heath naked on a GT is fine with me .......but don't go getting any un-bright ideas Willie! :rolling:

• Craig., KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#1922 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 07:38 PM

What...no pic of the battered finned hydro unit??   :(   And I gotta add this.....Heath naked on a GT is fine with me .......but don't go getting any un-bright ideas Willie! :rolling:

No it is still on the trailer and I was soaking wet and covered in 30 years of grass clippings and SC dirt by the time I was done.

If I tried to get on a tractor nekkid it would run away from home.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#1923 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,353 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 06:05 AM

Since you have the fenderpan off, that little hose going to the small tank is the one I take off to fill the hydro with fluid. That lets the air out and makes it much faster to fill.

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#1924 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 10:09 AM

Since you have the fenderpan off, that little hose going to the small tank is the one I take off to fill the hydro with fluid. That lets the air out and makes it much faster to fill.

I was going to ask what the canister was. I am assuming that it was not held on by zipties from the factory?

• Craig. said thank you

#1925 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,353 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 10:21 AM

I was going to ask what the canister was. I am assuming that it was not held on by zipties from the factory?

Mine has zip ties. I'll be looking at the second one soon as it needs some fluid.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#1926 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 07:21 PM

So tired.

Today I woke up after 4 hours of sleep...

rocketmug.jpeg

I changed Heath's diaper with sore arms from all the sanding on the valve covers. He had some breakfast while I tried to force my eyes open. I was having limited success.

At about 10 I got a call reminding me that I had to go pick up a Ford Exploder. So I chased Heath down and got him dressed and we were off with the tow dolly coming along behind the BlueOx.

IN short order we got to the house. The house was on the very end of a road on a very steep hill that backed up to the interstate. And the Furd was in nose first. Nothing can be easy on a Monday.

Once the paper work was done I put my long tow strap on the front of the Furd and ran it over the hood and hooked the other end to the back of the truck. They guy steered it while I pulled it out of the driveway backwards and then pulled the front end around since the front tires would not turn.

Once we had it up on the top of the hill I got the come-a-long out and got it pulled up on the dolly. Then we left. In about a mile I knew it was going to be a fun ride. They guy had wanted to keep the wheels so he put another set on it. He didn't get them tight. I saw the wobble in the mirror and pulled over in the only place I could.

I tightened them as much as I could and then headed out. Within a mile they were loose again. So I pulled over again. And tightened them up. In another mile they were loose again.

I managed to get in a parking lot and get mad at them and get them tight. I changed Heaths diaper and then we headed out. About a mile later I had a wobble in the passengers rear tire again. I pulled over twice more and checked them. First time loose – second time still tight. It turns out that the rims were bent and was working the lugs loose.

Remember that sore arm I talked about. I can barely bend my right elbow.

After grabbing some food at Arby's we headed home. With the bent rim 40 MPH would shake your teeth loose and loosen the lugs. So we came home slowly on back roads.

Once we got home I put Heath down for a nap. I sat down for a bit and waited for Steph to get home. I knew I couldn't get the truck apart one handed.

She got5 home about 30 minutes after I did. After she changed clothes we headed out.

It didn't take long to get it apart. Once she got the air tools set up I was able to do a lot by myself. She handled the cat and gas removal.

JacobD called and wanted some front tires for a cub so I told him to come over and get some.

He arrived just as we were getting finished with the Fart. I pointed him down the hill to the tire stockpile and he went looking.

When we were done Steph picked up the tools and then headed across the street to gab with Jenni for a while.

Jacob and I found some tires and he looked at the Buzzard. He said he didn't realize how big it was.

We talked till it started to rain and then he headed home to try to beat the worst of the storm. I came into sit and do nothing.

Then it started to pour.

Graham drove Step and Heath back home in the downpour. Then she made supper. I don't know what to call it, but it was vegetables and shrimp. I would ask but I am too comfortable to get up.

Edited by UncleWillie, April 14, 2014 - 07:22 PM.

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#1927 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 07:27 PM

Here is the De-battered hydro.tmp_2014-04-14_17-11-39_5971181824407.jpg
  • MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#1928 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 07:46 PM

Looks better without batter.

#1929 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 08:11 PM

Nice & clean that Eaton is!    You got more sleep than I did last night Willie, as I got less than 3 hours.  Passed out in my recliner after supper, woke up a little bit ago & heading to bed in a short bit.  Sunday was my day off, and I sucked down too much coffee too late in the day.  I need sleep more than I do coffee!

• Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#1930 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 08:21 PM

Looks better without batter.

I would look great if the fan wasn't broken. JacobD noticed it when he was looking at it. I was very careful to not spray it I when I cleaned it. The fan looks like a rat has been chewing on it. I guess I will start collecting fans off of junk cars till I find one that I can use since the factor fan appears to be rare as hens teeth.

Oh and speaking of hens. Steph got the girls a new rooster today. Lots of NSFW stuff going on in the chick pen now.

• Craig. said thank you

#1931 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 08:25 PM

I've been thinking about that. If a guy was desperate, is there room under the tin for a squirrel cage blower or something?

#1932 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for the tires Willie! I should get the rims back to you tomorrow. The FF is much bigger in person. I haven't seen a JD 400 up close but the FF is every bit as big as a Bolens large frame. Maybe a little bigger even. As far as the fan goes you could probably adapt one from just about any large hydrostatic garden tractor. Just get one with the same bore diameter and make sure the fins will clear and I think you'd be fine.  

• Craig. said thank you

#1933 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 09:22 PM

I think I bought the last Eaton 11 fan that was out there for my BMP project. I still have the original fan which has a small chip out of one of the blades and I repaired with JB. I can post pictures if interested, and cost would only be shipping.
  • MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#1934 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,353 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 06:11 AM

I used one off a Ford/Jacobsen. It fit, but attached a bit differently. If I'm correct, the FF fan is 7" dia. The hole is 'D' shaped, which the Ford/Jake is round. I think I have pics somewhere of them. I'll look around.

• Craig. said thank you

#1935 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,353 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 06:36 AM

I found the thread on the FF fans and other repairs. Fans are on page 3.