#1907 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 02:46 PM

Domino's is too greasy

And cardboard ish.

Papa Johns is much better. But I'd prefer good old mom & pop pizza places any day.

Like said above, papa johns dough is made in HUGE batches at distribution centers all over the country. They do pride themselves on using freshest ingredients as possible.
I know their stores pretty well, I've built, remodeled and wired about 350 of them in 10 states since 1997. Just finished a new one in Pa yesterday. I'm headed to Boston Ma next week to do another.

Keep on supporting Papa Johns !! Thanks. : )
  • olcowhand said thank you

#1908 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 03:19 PM

Keep on supporting Papa Johns !! Thanks. : )

only for you buddy...

• NJKen said thank you

#1909 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 06:39 PM

NJKen....when PaPa J's opened in my town, for me it's all them or none!  :thumbs:

• NJKen said thank you

#1910 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 07:35 PM

The way the South was meant to be.

This morning I rolled out of bed and into...

rocketcoffee.jpeg

After a quick email check we all headed outside to get going.

We got the little trailer unloaded then I hopped on the Hemorrhoid to move it out of the way. Battery was dead. So we jumped it off with Christine and got it moved. The battery on the FF was dead too and I found that it was leaking hydro fluid after I took it out of the shed yesterday and found a big puddle under it, so it wasn't moving anything anyhow.

Then it was the Dragonfly’s time to shine. The oldest tractor started right up and got to work. We hooked up the mobile crane and then got the little Sears Custom I had for sale hooked up and drug over to where we could work on it. Once the engine was off of it the carcass was loaded on the back of Christine.

Heath ran all over the place as fast as his little legs would carry him, and that is pretty fast.

Then the little trailer got hooked up and the DragonFly drug the non running JD 110 and the 172 on to the trailer. As much as I like the FF I love the DragonFly she has never once let me down.

Once they were loaded I set off across the county to trade. Just as I got into town the truck started to sputter. I was out of gas. And I didn't have my wallet. Fortunately I was wearing the shorts I had on yesterday after I showered and a guy paid me for some work so I had $40 bucks. I put 20 in and headed off again.

All the way there I was passing people on garden tractors doing one thing or another. Without fail they all waved. I love the south.

I swapped the three non running needed a lot of work tractors for a working Huskee and a handful of cash. I mentioned to him that I was off to buy a battery charger and he pulled one out of his shop. He wants to trade me some other derelict tractors for two good Kholer engines so we added the charger to the trade.

Then I headed over to Tractor supply to look for some bolts. When I pulled into the parking lot there was an elderly woman loading huge bags of dog food into the back sear of her car. A man tried to help her and she was having none of it. It was pretty funny.

Inside I couldn't find the bolts I wanted but I found some that I think will work better.

I got home and we got to putting the weights on the FF.

2014-04-12_15-38-33_950.jpg

I think it will make a good pulling point too.

Then we got the back of the FF up in the air and I crawled under it. It is leaking just behind the hydro-fan. I will ad that to the list of things to fix next summer.

2014-04-12_17-51-16_524.jpg

2014-04-12_17-51-02_91.jpg

Then we got the Huskee off the trailer.

2014-04-12_20-11-52_172.jpg As Steph was backing it off I noticed that the blade brakes were not working. So we needed to address that.

It needed a tire, but the guy sent me with one. Steph put the tire on while I looked afor an old brake pad to use for parts. I found one down the hill in a pile of junk.

I carefully cut the brake material off the pad with a hacksaw2014-04-12_16-35-32_259.jpg

and then drilled it and put it on the brake brackets with some screws salvaged out of an old hard drive

2014-04-12_17-02-44_969.jpg

2014-04-12_17-02-55_349.jpg

then trimmed it down to size.

Steph put them back on while I got to look at the hood for the Troy-bilt Pony. The one it came with had a smashed grill.

I took a Yardman hood that Grady gave me and with one little adjustment it went right on. The YardPony - LOL.

2014-04-12_20-12-29_963.jpg

With that done we looked into the deck belt smoking problem. One spindle had some junk wrapped around it. Once I fixed that it is almost ready to sell – I just need fis the front wheel bushings and dig up another brake pad to fix the deck brakes on it too.

Our neighbor, Wanda's, son came over to tell us his son was having a birthday party and Heath was invited. We told him we would be over after Heath got up from his nap.

He was awake when we went in so Steph got him up while I sat down and rested a minute. Then she got in the shower. Once she was ready she and Heath headed over.

I got a shower then went over. They had a big bouncy house set up and Heath wasn't sure about it till I crawled in with him. Then he went nuts. While I was in there some of the bigger kids got in and were attacking me and I was tossing them all over the place. It was a blast.

We had a good time then we all came home. I am beat. Tomorrow I have more work to do.

• olcowhand, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#1911 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 07:45 PM

In the pic below, you can see all the places that could be leaking.  Input shaft seal, filter & charge supply line, and pressure line.  Lots of times you will find the filter/pickup lines will leak while sitting.  Most of mine were leaking when I bought them, and usually tightening things did the trick.  Hopefully it's not the shaft seal, but it's not that bad to replace anyway.

FF Hydro.jpg

#1912 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 07:49 PM

Daniel it is so dirty it is hard to tell exactly where it is leaking. I will take it down to the car wash tomorrow if I have time to wash it up and get a batter look at it.

#1913 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 08:38 PM

Daniel it is so dirty it is hard to tell exactly where it is leaking. I will take it down to the car wash tomorrow if I have time to wash it up and get a batter look at it.

Get that dam batter off ASAP. There is your problem.

Sorry, had too. : )

#1914 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 09:11 PM

But I was making pancakes with my tractor. Isn't that how you do it?

#1915 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 06:45 AM

The weights look good up there. Glad you have an idea where the leak is now. Hope it's a simple fix.

Edit: Just be careful with the hydro fan. It is probably brittle and hard to find a replacment!

#1916 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 09:26 AM

Yep, the fans on a Sundstrand are almost useless being the hydro isn't finned, but they do a lot of cooling on the Eaton when the fins aren't covered in pancake batter!  :smilewink:

• KennyP said thank you

#1917 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 02:06 PM

I changed the seal on the shaft on the sundstrand pump on my ariens. Easy job. Got the seal for 1.95 from a bearing house. It was a standard seal. 30 dollars from tractor parts stores

#1918 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 02:42 PM

I changed the seal on the shaft on the sundstrand pump on my ariens. Easy job. Got the seal for 1.95 from a bearing house. It was a standard seal. 30 dollars from tractor parts stores

The FF's use an Eaton 11.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#1919 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 05:41 PM

I think the shaft power input seal is a 

National 481443 Oil Seal, Motion Industries lists it for $5.40.  Most mower parts places want around $18

TYPE OF PRODUCT:Oil Seal - Inches
Shaft or Inside Diameter Range:25/32"
Bore or Outside Diameter:1.379"
Width:1/4"
Lip Material:Nitrile Rubber
Construction Description:Single Lip, Spring Loaded Without Inner Case

• KennyP said thank you

#1920 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 07:27 PM

Splish splash I was taking a bath – or the tractors were anyway.

This morning my eyes opened and I slithered into the kitchen...

coffee-power-super-coffee-t-shirt.american-apparel-unisex-organic-tee.natural.w760h760.jpg

Then we all headed outside in to the bright, warm sunshine. It was around 70 when we went out with a light breeze. Beautiful day.

First order of business was tractor washing. First the Huskee was loaded up and carted off to the car wash.

I stopped at AutoZone on the way to grab some oil for the tractors then went and washed the Huskee. I made sure I cleaned the bay up before I left, which is more than I can say for whoever was there before me.

On the way home I stopped by Ace hardware to grab a couple of self tapping screws and a piece of PCV pipe.

Then I headed home to swap tractors. On the way in I called my buddy Tim to see if he had an old brake pad laying around. He said he had a box of brand new ones that he had no idea what they fit that I could have.

After the tractor swap I got Steph started on taking the fenders off the Buzzard so we could get a look in there and I left her a list of other stuff to get done.

Heath was running all over like a monkey.

I ran down to Tim's and got the brake pads. He had a set of valve covers he wanted me to drop in the electrolysis tank. He had painted them this morning and they looked like crap. I told him it might take the paint off we would have to try and find out.

Then off to the car wash again. This time it was full and I had to wait. Finally I got in the guy before me had left 3 minutes on the wash. I got a free cleaning. Once the Troy-bilt washed up I headed back home for the FF.

I had called Steph and told her to get the E tank set up in a 55 gallon plastic drum. I wasn't going to fill the 330 gallon tank for a set of valve covers.

Once I got home we unloaded the Pony and got the FF down from its jack stands. Then got it started and loaded up on the trailer. It was fun to drive with no fenders or seat.

I looked at the wheels on the two little MTD products that I was going to make bushings for with the PVC – it is stronger than the cheap plastic they came with. That is when I realized I didn't have a big enough drill bit. I needed a ¾ all I had was a half. So I stopped at Ace again. They didn't have one either.

I didn't get enough oil for both tractors so I had to stop back at AZ. I also had to stop at Wal-mart for wash powder for the tank.

I got to the car wash and pulled the tank off the Buzzard and found this. Buzzard is a dirty creature.

2014-04-13_14-22-57_270.jpg 2014-04-13_14-23-00_504.jpg 2014-04-13_14-23-07_507.jpg

Once I had it de-grimed and got the bay cleaned up I headed over to the drug store to pick up a prescription then headed home again.

2014-04-13_14-50-50_517.jpg

She seems happy to be clean.

Then we worked on getting the blade brakes on the Pony fixed. I am getting better. These looked down right professional. I didn't get a pic I was too tired.

We looked for washers to put behind the wheels on the MTDs and all I had were monster ones. Steph had to go to the store to get juice so she was going to stop by. They close at 5. She got there at 5:02. Oh well.

Then I checked on the valve covers. The paint was not going to come off so they came out and I got the wire brush chucked up in the drill ( my angle grinder died). It is cathartic to watch paint come off with a wire brush. The blue just faded away. Before too long I looked like the worlds tallest smurf.

After I got that finished up as good as the brush would get it I carried the covers in the house for sandpaper work.

I got a call from a gal about some scaffolding she listed for sale on a FaceBook page. So I headed over. Her pictures online are great but in person - WOW. She is going to invite Steph and I to the next bonfire she has.

I got back home and Steph and a naked Heath came out to help me unload. This is where we found him about a minute later.

2014-04-13_19-18-24_236.jpg

He threw a fit when we brought him in.

Valve covers are clean as they are going to get.

2014-04-13_20-17-33_362.jpg

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and KennyP have said thanks