• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted March 27, 2014 - 10:26 AM

I picked up a hammer drill couple years ago @ a garage sail. had a price tag of 50, I said I wasn't paying that much for a drill, so I offered 10 and she took it. A year later I opened it up only then to find out what it was. It was brand new never used. felt bad about that.

Oh nephew.....taking advantage of that poor lady!  :(  :smilewink:

#1832 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 27, 2014 - 10:37 AM

I could use everything except the hammer drill. I used my hammer drill again last weekend to fasten the roll up door threshold to the concrete. Nice Score!

Everything is for sale name a price.

• larrybl said thank you

#1833 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 27, 2014 - 06:52 PM

I haz a sad that I can't buy an FF.

Steph was gone to her internship this morning when Heath screamed me into consciousness. I was in dire need of...

optimized-maxW950-coffee-worship.jpg

Then he and I sat and watched truck videos, played with cars, and watched the wind blow 4000000 mph outside.

While I sat here I found an FF that I posted in the CL finds forum. It is so close and a great deal, but I spent all my play money yesterday. BOOOHOOOO

I was supposed to pick up a load of scrap this morning but the guy never called. Probably a good thing since it was so windy. I might have wound up in OZ.

At around 130 he was crawling up in my lap and laying down. I honestly thought it was about 1030. Poor little guy was tuckered out. I dumped him into his crib and he went right to sleep.

Shortly after that my friend Jessie came by to see if I had a cement float. I didn't.

After he left I went back to take pictures of stuff I have wanted to get listed for a while but the weather hasn't cooperated with me. Then I came back inside and uploaded the pictures and listed it all. I have already made one sell. I just need a bunch more people who want this stuff. There is too many good parts to scrap it.

Steph came home and made pork chops for dinner. Nothing to do now but wait for bedtime.

• olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1834 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted March 27, 2014 - 07:18 PM

Ha....I got pork chops tonight too!  :thumbs:

#1835 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted March 27, 2014 - 09:11 PM

Ha....I got pork chops tonight too!  :thumbs:

So did I !  Tonight must be pork chop night.

#1836 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted March 27, 2014 - 10:51 PM

Cripes, so did we. It looks like it'd be a tough time to be a pig the way we're all eating chops, lol.
  • Alc and HDWildBill have said thanks

#1837 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 08:33 PM

I decaptiated Christine.

Well today started off like most every day...

coffee.jpg

Then I did a lot of returning emails and answering phone calls about stuff I had for sale.

At 1pm as Steph was getting ready to leave to go shopping I got a call from a guy in Charlotte with some stuff to sale. So instead of her taking Christine and leaving me the BlueOx she took Heath and the Ox and I took Christine and the little trailer to Indian Trail.

There was a place in Gastonia that was giving away large shipping crates and I was going to stop and get them on the way back. I called the company and they said they closed at 5.

After slogging my way through traffic for an hour I managed to get on back roads and get to the house. The guy was not there. SO I called him and waited for 30 minutes.

When he finally arrived I got a set of 4 Aluminum Ford F250 rims 2014-03-28_19-06-00_83.jpg

and a bunch of other stuff. Once that was loaded up and he was paid I headed back south. It was starting to rain and every road had a wreck on it.

As I was pulling out onto the main road I had an opening to get out but I was going to have to hurry so I went for it. When I shifted from first to second I jerked the head clean off the shifter.

2014-03-28_21-15-39_312.jpg

The transmission went into neutral and I though the truck barreling down on me was going to run me down. Thanks to my lightening fast reflexes I slapped it back in first and floored it.

When I finally got close to Gastonia again it was almost 5. I sent the guy with the shipping crates a text that I would come Monday.

I got off the main roads and took back roads up to Lincolnton.

After one particularly vigorous bridge expansion joint I looked in the mirror and saw that one of the 8 foot sections of pipe I got with the scrap was making a break for freedom out the passengers side of the trailer. As soon as I touched the brakes it seized its opportunity and headed for the ditch.

There was no way I was going to stop in the muddy ditch so I dropped anchor right there in the lane, Stuck the truck in 1st, Hit the hazards, shut the engine off (It is hard for me to get the parking brake in that tiny truck, I have to lift my knee up to the ceiling almost), and sprinted as fast as my bad knees could carry me. I snagged the errant pipe and looked up the road and saw the twin stacks of a semi coming over the hill. Another dash back to the truck and I tossed the pipe in the trailer. Then I dove through the still open drivers door, slammed the clutch to the floor, twisted the key, matted the gas pedal, and released the clutch. I made a beautiful NHRA style launch and got out of the way of the Freightliner that was intent on parking in the trailer.

At the second house I was going to I got a washer and dryer set that works. Ours are slowly dying and have been on life support for some time. I also go a scrap washer and a Jeep Grand Cherokee grille guard.

2014-03-28_19-06-41_624.jpg

Once I got back home Steph came out and we tossed a tarp over the appliances and then pushed all the rest of the stuff off the bed of Christine onto the trailer.

I took a look at a couple of things I had for sale so I could answer some more questions then came in.

Steph had Chicken and potatoes for dinner.

I posted more stuff for sale online. If I keep buying this stuff to resale I am going to have to rent a store front or a warehouse.

Now I have to JBWeld Christine's head back on.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#1838 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted March 29, 2014 - 06:59 AM

Oh nephew.....taking advantage of that poor lady!  :(  :smilewink:

I would of went back to give her more money but she was moving, hence the garage sale. In the past I've only used them when drilling concrete.

#1839 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 07:21 PM

Hook it up and unhook it...

Today I was going to sleep in a bit but at 8am the phone started ringing.

coffee_performance_enhancing_dru_1558995.jpg

I returned a couple fo calls and a guy wanted to come right away to get the carb off the Kawasaki engine on the Wheel Horse so I had to get dressed and start earlier. I gave him the address over the ohone and told him if he didn't use the zip code he was going to wind up in the wrong town.

Another guy called and said he had a car. I told him that I could come get it after the guy who was buying parts left. He said OK and sent me an address.

hen Steph, Heath and I got busy. We hooked the BlueOx up to the big trailer and then started loading it with scrap. Heath was busy finding mud puddles to play in.

About 15 minutes later he called and said he was on a dead end road and couldn't find me. I told him to go to Wal-mart in Cherryville and call me and I would come get him.

Once I got him to the house he looked at the carb and handed me $20. He broke ears that hold the float on his.

Once he left we unhooked the trailer and hooked up to the tow dolly. The last time Steph unhooked the dolly she got the trailer plug tangled up in the hitch and tore some wiring. We spent about 20 minutes finding what had broken and then we headed out.

I called the guy as we pulled out of the yard and he said he had sold the car to someone else. No big deal I really didn't want to drive to Charlotte again anyway. We turned around and went to Ace Hardware to get set screw to go back in the shifter knob on Christine. We also got candy – Skittles for me, Reeces pieces for me, M&Ms for Heath.

Once we got back home we unhooked the tow dolly and hooked back up to the trailer.

Then Steph, Heath and I got busy. Heath got busy finding mud puddles again.

At about 3pm he was staggering around like he was drunk he got cleaned up and tossed into bed. He didn't even complain. Steph said he just laid right down and went straight to sleep.

We had about everything on the trailer then we went down in the field to get some more stuff to sale. I have 2 Chevy truck hoods and a nice set of old Chevy rallys.

When we came back up the hill my buddy, Reid, pulled in the driveway.

We talked a bit and then he looked through the load of scrap to see if there was anything he wanted. I had two broken pallet jacks on there. He wanted part on one and all the other. In return he is going to modify my mobile crane. He also found some long poles he wanted.

Once he left we strapped the load down and started in the house.

And the phone rang. A guy in Hickory had a car. I told him I could be there in about an hour. So the trailer go unhooked and the tow dolly hooked up again.

Since Heath was still sleeping I headed up alone.

I didn't have any cash so I had to raid the FF fund on my Paypal. The first ATM I went to told me my PP card was invalid. The second one I went to gladly spit out a hand full of $20s. I will take that $300 and turn it into $500 tomorrow. So thanks guys. LOL.

Then I drove up to Hickory.

Just as the guys house came into sight I heard a police siren. Sure enough the popo had caught up with my expired tags. I completely forgot about them. He said he was sorry to have to write me a ticket. I told him no problem since I got to go back and see the good looking clerk of court. He laughed and said he would have to so by and see who I was talking about.

The guy with the car was standing there watching so I sent him a text that my tags were expired.

Once I was ticketed I pulled up about 40 yards and got the car.

The drive home was uneventful except for the wind that kept trying to blow me off into the weeds.

I got back home and pulled through the yard and then realized the trailer was sitting in the way. I had to put the truck in 4wd and turn around in the swampy field and pull up under my gantry crane to take the car apart.

I know a guy who has a Camry like the one I hauled who needs some front body parts so I pulled all those off when I gutted the car.

Good thing is that Camry's are easy to guy so in about 30 minutes I was done. Steph came out to pick up the tools and I drove up to the driveway so I could head out quickly tomorrow morning.

Porkchops for dinner again. This time with rice pilaf.

Tomorrow I make 2 trips to the scrap yard, one trip to Charlotte, one trip to Gastonia (to get a load of shipping crates to turn into an FF house) then I am off to Charleston. Woohoooo.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#1840 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:09 PM

Expired tags eh, at least it won't cut too deeply into the FF fund.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, March 30, 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#1841 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:21 PM

Expired tags eh, at least it won't cut too deeply into the FF fund.

It wont cut into it at all. It is a fix it ticket. Get a tag spend 30 minutes in the courthouse looking at the lovely clerk of court and then go home.

I would have gotten it done after I fixed the transmission but the tires wouldn't pass inspection. I have a skinny set I will toss on it for that thoughz.

• wvbuzzmaster and Craig. have said thanks

#1842 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:26 PM

It wont cut into it at all. It is a fix it ticket. Get a tag spend 30 minutes in the courthouse looking at the lovely clerk of court and then go home.
I would have gotten it done after I fixed the transmission but the tires wouldn't pass inspection. I have a skinny set I will toss on it for that thoughz.

I've gotten a ticket like that before. I had Dad's truck and 1/2 mile to get back to the job site from the restaurant. It is a known speed trap so I did not speed and 300 feet to go the blue lights came on. What was more irritating was that the tag was only expired by 2 days, and that it wasn't even my truck...

#1843 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:31 PM

Wellllllll mine expired in June. I just never look at my tags. I saw them when I was working on it but I forgot again. We used to get an inspection sticker that went on the windshield, but now it is all electronic and you don't even get a notice in the mail.

• Craig. said thank you

#1844 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 10:01 PM

Wellllllll mine expired in June. I just never look at my tags. I saw them when I was working on it but I forgot again. We used to get an inspection sticker that went on the windshield, but now it is all electronic and you don't even get a notice in the mail.

Sounds like a recipe to increase revenue to me.

Ben W.

#1845 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 10:29 PM

Sounds like a recipe to increase revenue to me.

Ben W.

But they didn't fine him for it. Around here that would be 100-150 plus court costs. You'd be lucky if they didn't tow your vehicle.

• superaben said thank you