UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 13,510 Thanks
  • 7,956 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 05:39 PM

All of the pins she lost had a bright blue plastic coated handle on them. This one is red we will see if that works.

• Craig. said thank you

#1802 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,510 Thanks
  • 7,956 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 07:47 PM

Pouring rain all day today. I was supposed to get the Stranger off to scrap, but I wasn't about to go out in the water and run the electric sawzall.

Had an unfortunate accident today. I put some water in the tub for the ducks. Heath and I fed them some bread. Then I put Heath down for his nap and forgot all about the ducks. About 2 hours later I went for a cup of coffee and heard them chirping and remembered them. One either drowned or the water got too cold and he died. Either way I feel terrible. Oddly enough I had a dream last night that I put the ducks in water that was too hot and they drowned.

• Craig., trowel and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1803 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 36,852 Thanks
  • 30,146 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 08:12 PM

Sorry bout the duckling.  No matter how tough a guy is, something like this can make ya feel pretty bad.  

• Craig., trowel and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1804 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,820 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 08:22 PM

Oddly enough I had a dream last night that I put the ducks in water that was too hot and they drowned.

Now that's a little freaky.

Sorry about the little one.

#1805 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,510 Thanks
  • 7,956 posts

Posted March 18, 2014 - 04:45 PM

Well nothing died on my watch today, yet.

This morning Steph got to sleep in a bit because the school she is interning at was on a 2 hour delay for ice.

She woke me up at some point in time and told me she was leaving and Heath was up. So …

lanny_d__shark_and_coffee_jacuzzi_by_bluestorm369-d5b5ku3.png

Then I proceeded to spend the day wrestling the little monkey and trying pt keep him fed – a task which I was obviously falling behind on.

At 1 he went down for a nap. I put the water in the tub for the ducks and set a timer for 30 minutes so I didn't forget about them again.

Then I put some laundry in the wash and cleaned up Heaths cereal pile.

After I had all that done I headed outside to get the Furd Stranger pulled apart.

Right off the bat I found tools on the back bumper of the BlueOx that Steph had left out. :mad2: :deadhorse:

Once I had the cat and radiator out I drilled holes in the gas tank and got lovely green gas out of it.

While that was draining I sent Graham a text that I needed his help for a couple of minutes if he was available. A short while later Carmel started barking and her stub of a tail was going 3000 MPH so I knew he was on his way over.

With his help I put a trailer frame on the back of the Stranger. Somehow that thing gained weight from when he and I loaded it on the trailer a couple of weeks back. I swear it was 200 pounds lighter before.

I pulled the truck around to the driveway so it can go to the scrap yard tomorrow.

Some fuel had spilled out of the tank and onto the ground, and so we lit a piece of paper and tossed it on the spot. It barely burned. It will definitely not be going in the truck. Not unless it had a full tank of gas to dilute it.

I came in and Heath was awake. He got a fresh diaper then we had an apple for a snack.

Steph will be home around 8 so I will need to find something for supper. Or I can just give Heath the bag of cereal back.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1806 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 28,446 Thanks
  • 29,126 posts

Posted March 18, 2014 - 10:11 PM

Looks like fun. New Olympic sport, bobbing for marshmallow cereal. :thumbs:

#1807 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,510 Thanks
  • 7,956 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 05:39 PM

Fun day.

After 6 hours of sleep I woke up at around 10 and laid in bed for a while inventorying my aches and pains for a while then...

Bear2Free_450x300.jpg

Once I had some caffeine in me I proceeded to check out stuff online. Heath came in to sit with me a couple of times to watch tractor videos.

I wasn't looking forward to taking the truck to the scrap yard because I was hurting, but Graham sent me a text telling me that he was bored and if I had to go somewhere to call him.

At 1pm I put water in the bathtub for the ducks and we all three sat in there feeding them bread and playing with them.

At 130 it was time for Heath to go to bed. Once he was down I called Graham and told him I was leaving.

We headed down to the swamp of a scrap yard and unloaded the truck. After we had the tires and rims strapped to the dolly we collected a check and headed to the bank. The teller who is so snotty was actually nice to me today.

Then we went to the tire shop to get the tires off the aluminum rims.

As I was harassing Scott (the shop owners son) I looked out and I had a flat on the tow dolly. It was a rather large piece of metal. It had to happen in the parking lot of the tire shop because it was leaking so fast.

We pulled the tire off the dolly and the other guy at the shop, Pete tried plugging it. It didn't work. SO Scott broke it off the rim and put a patch on it.

Finally we had the tire on the dolly and the aluminum rims in the back of the truck and we headed home.

Heath woke up from his nap and was screaming. He wanted nothing to do with Steph. He wouldn't even let her put a diaper on him. I went back there and he stopped crying immediately and let me put a diaper on him and then came to sit with me in the office.

When Steph came to get him for supper he screamed. I think he has really been enjoying all the daddy time while she is at her internship.

• olcowhand, Craig., EricR and 2 others have said thanks

#1808 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 31,304 Thanks
  • 41,531 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 05:54 PM

Sounds like it Mommy time for a bit to get him evened back out!

#1809 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,510 Thanks
  • 7,956 posts

Posted March 20, 2014 - 04:31 PM

Beautiful day.

After a whole 6 hours of sleep I woke up at 9am and …

grumpy-monkey-with-coffee-mug.jpg

Then Heath and I played for a while. Around 1030 or so we all three went outside to get the trailer loaded with aluminum and hooked up to the BlueOx.

Once the stuff was all loaded the Hemorrhoid came out of the Kentucky Fried tractor shed and pulled the trailer out of the swamp and into the front yard. With the trailer swapped over to the Ox I headed out. Steph and Heath got the stay home.

I got to the smelter a little before 12 and we got everything melted down and cash in my pocket.

I bet my phone rang 400 times while I was there but no jobs.

I did get one call from a guy who wanted to argue that I was located in Huntersville. He couldn't accept the fact that I had posted in the Charlotte CL because there is no Crouse or Gastonia Cl. I finally hung up on him.

Once I got home I was exhausted. It was only 130, but I was wiped out. I feel a day of sleep coming on.

Nothing else going on today. Tomorrow I have to go pick up a couple of things and maybe make some money.

#1810 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,510 Thanks
  • 7,956 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 05:54 PM

Good day turned kinda ugly.

After a whole 8 hours of sleep I woke up a bit bewildered and then headed for...

Coffee Toilet Mug Cup with Coffee.jpg

Once I got my bearings I was feeling a bit off still. Sluggish and slow.

I had planned to get some work done but I wasn't feeling it so I relaxed a while.

Then the gal with the Simplicty called and wanted to know when I was going to come get it. SO I told her I would be there in an hour and Steph and I went out to get Grady's trailer hooked up to Christine.

It is amazing how much easier it pulls with some actual grease in the axles.

It took about 45 minutes to get there. The yard was full of little misbehaving kids. I think all the woman did was yell at them the whole time I was there. I thought about taking off my belt and giving all of them and her a lesson in behaving, but I refrained.

With a jump start the tractor started but wouldn't move. The belt is off the variator. So I pushed it up on the trailer. It has a newer 18hp opposed Briggs on it so it was worth the money. It will need both drive and deck belts.

simp.JPG

I may have to expand the KFCTS (see the glossary) soon.

On the way back I stopped at the shop that was owned by my friend who recently died. His partner said things are going good, If anything better, than they were.

When I left there I started to get a rumbling in my tummy. It wasn't hunger. I had to stop at 3 different gas stations on the way home and even after some Pepto I still nearly filled my britches up by the time I got home.

Steph brought me supper but I couldn't eat. Whatever this is I hope it passes quickly and no one else gets it.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, March 21, 2014 - 05:56 PM.

• Craig., KennyP, HowardsMF155 and 3 others have said thanks

#1811 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 36,852 Thanks
  • 30,146 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 06:00 PM

Good day turned kinda ugly.

After a whole 8 hours of sleep I woke up a bit bewildered and then headed for...

I started to get a rumbling in my tummy.  I had to stop at 3 different gas stations on the way home and even after some Pepto I still nearly filled my britches up by the time I got home.

Steph brought me supper but I couldn't eat. Whatever this is I hope it passes quickly  

No wonder the day got ugly....NO COFFEE in your post!  And sounds to me like plenty has "passed" already!  :smilewink:

Hope your system calms down.  And by the way, did you get any strange desire to run through fences today?  :rolling:

• Craig. and trowel have said thanks

#1812 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 31,304 Thanks
  • 41,531 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 06:21 PM

It may have been your 'cup' for the day that caused the intestinal issues!

• trowel and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1813 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,510 Thanks
  • 7,956 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 06:27 PM

No wonder the day got ugly....NO COFFEE in your post!  And sounds to me like plenty has "passed" already!  :smilewink:

Hope your system calms down.  And by the way, did you get any strange desire to run through fences today?  :rolling:

That is how you know I am feeling bad. I had to go back and edit it.

• Craig., trowel and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#1814 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,510 Thanks
  • 7,956 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 08:22 PM

And just when I think things are over....

My neighbor called and said she was broke down about 20 minutes away. So I tightened my gluteus muscles and Uncle WIllie's Dead Furd Rescue Service (UWDFRS all right reserved, patent pending, not available in northern states, Canada, Alaska or Hawaii - unless you are blonde, beautiful, scantily clad and approved by my wife) was on the road again.

ON the way to get her I got a call from a  guy who wanted me to come to Hickory to get a Subaru. I explained my gastro-intestinal distress to him and he said he would being it to me.

We just got home.

uwdfrs.JPG

Waiting for Scooburoo to arrive now.

#1815 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,510 Thanks
  • 7,956 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 06:02 PM

Crappy day - quite literally.

I have no idea what time I woke up today, but Steph and Heath were gone. First order of business was to see if I could use up an entire roll of TP in one sitting.

I made coffee, took two sips and ran back to the bathroom.

After Steph and Heath came home she put heath down for a short nap. Then we went out to look at the neighbors car. She called me again today to tell me she thought it was out of gas.

I opened up the timing cover. Saw this...

2.n0.jpg

And called her and told her it wasn't out gas.The radiator is also leaking.  I will call the shop Monday and get her an estimate.

SO the total for today is 2 sips of coffee, 3 liters of ginger ale, 2 cans of chicken noodle soup, and 2 rolls of TP.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks