• Please log in to reply
4308 replies to this topic

#1786 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,858 Thanks
  • 3,195 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 12:08 AM

Happy Anniversary! :big_hug: To you both!

#1787 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,451 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 05:34 AM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!!    

#1788 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 10:00 PM

The long and winding road (I drove it today)

stock-photo-closeup-portrait-of-sleepy-exhausted-doctor-holding-cup-of-coffee-tired-after-busy-day-night-shift-176326751.jpg

Then Heath and I watched car videos for a while. At around 1230we all headed outside.

We had a bunch of little stuff to get off to scrap today. While Steph and I got started on that Heath wandered around the yard a bit and then started beating on the back door.

Steph took him in for a diaper change and he started to yank on his crib. He was ready for a nap.

Once she came back outside we got all the radiators, catalytic converters, and electric motors loaded up on Christine. Then we had a wire cutting party. I had a shopping cart full of wiring out of various things. All the connectors had to be cut off.

Once that was done and everything was strapped down I headed off to the scrap yard and Steph came in to do homework.

I stopped to talk to the neighbor for a minute and he and I got involved in a in depth conversation and before I knew it it was 330. Scrap yard closed at 4. I put Christine on the road and got there at 449.

Once I had my check in hand I headed to the bank. With it cashed I headed to Charlotte.

Once stop for gas and I was at the guy I sell my cats to. With more cash in my pocket I headed home. Then I got a phone call.

I had to go to Morganton to get a car.

I called Steph and told her to hook the BlueOx to the tow dolly and get ready to go.

I85 south was backing up as I went north so I took back roads home. It took about 20 minutes longer than the interstate would have but I didn't have to sit for a hour.

I hopped out of Christine and into the Ox (that was a change) and we headed up to Morganton. Once stop for food and we were there.

We hooked up a 2000 Saturn and gave the owner a handfull of cash. I asked her how she wrecked it and she said that she had just moved up from Fl and this recent snow was her first experience in the white stuff. It didn't go well.

At 9pm we finally got home.

I am beat.

I just tried to print out more bills of sale and the printer is saying it is jammed. I may take it out and unjam it with a 12 gauge slug later tomorrow.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1789 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 10:07 PM

Happy ANNIVERSARY! I always forget mine..... till it's too late :wallbanging:

#1790 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 10:16 AM

My phone reminds me of mine
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#1791 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 03:25 PM

My phone reminds me of mine

You are a very smart man!

#1792 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 07:09 PM

Busy as a bee.

Today we had a lot to get done in a short time so after 3 hours of sleep

death.jpg

Then we headed outside to get to work. The Saturn we picked up had to go to scrap so it had to be disassembled and be at the yard before 11. We got it prepped and left the house at 1030. Then we headed out.

On the way down the road I made a phone call to the scrap yard. Yesterday I called and was told they were open till 11. Today the security guy who answered the phone told me they were closed. So we turned around and headed back to the house to get the lost of other places I called.

After a couple of calls I found a place that was open till 12. We got there at 1125 so we were golden. With the car crushed he headed back to the house to get the flash drive that had the bill of sale on it. Since the printer was broken I had to go to Staples to get them printed.

The gal at the store pulled the file up started to print them. She told me they were $.10 each so I told her to give me 100. I gave her a 20 and didn't look at the change. After walking around the store a bit they were ready so we grabbed the box and left.

We went across the parking lot to the gas station to grab a snack and when we got there I looked in the box. They were printed wrong. Her computer reformatted them and changed the font so it was on 2 pages. The last page just had the spot for the date on it. So while I made my hotdog I called Staples back and she said it was her fault and they would reprint them.

SO we went back to the store and she opened the file again and we had to make a couple of changes to get it on one page. They didn't have the right font so I will have to live with that.

Then we went across town and got a Ford Ranger.

Once that was hooked up

furdrangey.JPG

we headed to Lowe's to grab a couple of things. I needed a longer drop hitch to pull the tow dolly with because it was dragging the ramps on a hill. I also needed a new pin for the tilt on the dolly because Steph left ours at the scrap yard.

So $40 later and we headed home.

After a brief rest for the big people and the little person put in bed we headed out to work on Grady's trailer.

When I pulled it with the BlueOx the thing felt like it had the brakes on and it has no brakes. Steph said Christine didn't like pulling it at all.

We jacked up the passengers side and spun the tire and it went about a half revolution and stopped. pulled the hub bearings and the grease was like water. So after making a mess on a scrap piece of lumber we had both sides repacked and greased and turning effortlessly.

Then we changed the hitch over on the Ox. The ramps on the dolly are now about 3 inches above the ground.

When I tried to put the new pin in the tilt it was about ¼ inch too short. So we spent about 20 minutes with the pin chucked into the drill while grinding the head of it down to make it longer. It isn't pretty but it will work till I get one the right length – or Steph looses it, this is her 4th one so far.

After that I called it a day. It was 530. I was wiped out. Steph was dragging. Heath, however, woke up from his nap ready to take on the world.

Steph went to the store while I sat in a chair in the yard and watched Heath run wild.

The cat just came in the house covered in grease. I guess he found the scrap lumber we used. He will get a bath tonight.

• Craig., KennyP, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#1793 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 08:10 PM

...this is her 4th one so far.

Need to pickup two the next time! Ever consider painting the pin bright orange or pink? Or attach a chain to it and bolt it to the dolly.

Big busy day. Computers all seem to have there own format. :wallbanging:

• HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1794 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 08:13 PM

Willie, get a piece of chain & weld one end to the pin, other end to the tongue....end of problem with lost pins.

(edited to add...Bmerf beat me to posting chaining the pin  :D )

Edited by olcowhand, March 15, 2014 - 08:14 PM.

• Craig. said thank you

#1795 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 08:39 PM

One of them was connected with a cable. She has a real talent for loosing them. One of them she took out, walked 4 feet, and lost it. We searched for 20 minutes for it.

#1796 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 09:50 PM

One of them was connected with a cable. She has a real talent for loosing them. One of them she took out, walked 4 feet, and lost it. We searched for 20 minutes for it.

Use 1/4" chain!

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1797 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 10:41 PM

Use 1/4" chain!

If I put it on 10 feet of 1 inch chain she would still find a way to loose it.

• Craig. said thank you

#1798 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 11:58 PM

LOL

#1799 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 09:57 AM

At work all the safety pins for the rail cars are welded to 1/2 chain then onto to pin fits.

#1800 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,858 Thanks
  • 3,195 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 02:10 PM

Had the same problem when our boys were little, ended up painting all that kind of "losable" stuff bright yellow. Tended to keep some neighbours honest as well, lol.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you