wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 09:28 PM

Teriffic day.

This morning before I woke up Steph left for her teaching internship. At about 9 Heath started making noise so I went in and got him up.

While he was eating a bowl of fruit...

dogcoffee.jpg

Then we watched car videos for a while. Eventually he decided that he needed to go play with his cars and I started watching the super long John Wayne movie “In Harm's Way.”

After a bunch of phone calls from people wanting me to buy scrap cars but not liking my prices it was 1pm and time for Heath to take a nap. Once he went down I headed outside to get to work. No way I was going to attempt to run power tools while he was outside by myself.

I got a the 4 posts for the roof of my little tractor shed put up and was trying to get up the roof supports when Steph came home at about 230. She came over and helped me by holding up the 2x4s as I screwed them in place. By the time Heath started making noise again we had everything done that I wanted to accomplish today.

I had asked her if she wanted to go to Charlotte with me to get a car and she said she would rather stay home. After taking some Tylenol and giving it about an hour my hands were hurting so bad there was no way I was going to be able to do it alone. I told her to get Heath ready and off we went.

On the way up we could see a semi broken down on over pass from I-85 to I-485. I could tell it was as far on the shoulder as it could get. As I was just commenting to Steph on what a lousy place it was to be broken down we came around the bend and found what at first appeared to be a section of tire tread. Then I noticed the rim sticking out of it. As we passed the semi I could see that the front set of drivers side doubles on the trailer had sheered off and the brake can was laying on the ground under it

. Steph started looking around and said the other tire was way down below on the shoulder of 485 south. It did not appear to have hit anything.

We got the car and headed back. It was about 745 and we were all hungry. There was a little restaurant close to the pickup so we stopped in and had a great meal.

Heath was standing in his chair (he doesn't like a high chair he wants a big person chair) and when the waiter brought out the garlic knots Heaths eyes got huge. He ate 2 of them. Steph had a calzone, I had veal parmigiana, Heath had both. Then we all shared a huge piece of chocolate cake.

Now we are home. Heath is in bed. Graham brought me a beer. Once he leaves it is mommy and daddy time.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#1772 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 07:39 PM

Before I start I have to give credit to yesterdays coffee picture to newrestorer. Thanks Don.

Busy, productive day.

Heath let me sleep in a bit this morning. Steph left for her internship at about 7. heath woke me up at 1030. But I didn't go to sleep till almost 4.

While he had juice and a banana I had

coffee300.jpg

Then we fired up the BlueOx and went up to Grady's to get his trailer since both of mine are loaded. When we had that we headed over to pick up a TroyBilt lawn tractor that needs some attention. The guy also had a chainsaw. For $100 I got both.

Then we headed home.

ON the way we passed 3 unrelated wrecks in the oncoming lane within 2 miles of each other. I am glad I was not going to Lincolnton.

We had to pick up a package at the post office and the lady there gave Heath a sucker. He was too tired to even care much about it. He will get it back after supper.

heathsucker.jpg

Once we got home Heath went down for a nap. I went outside to take the Dodge Neon we picked up last night apart. Without Steph it was a lit harder. I had to climb out form under the car about 12 times to get tools. It wore me out. Getting up and down is the hardest thing I ever do.

While I was taking it apart Graham came over to get the Grady's trailer and the Hemorrhoid to load up his trash to go to the dump tomorrow.

Once I got the car apart I started working on the tractor shed. I cut a couple of 2x4 braces for the roof and as I was wrestling one in place Steph came home. She helped me get them in.

After they were done I turned my attention to the pile of OBS roof sheeting that was full of nails. I got one half sized piece cleaned before Graham came back over with the tractor and trailer. He helped me clean a full sized sheet and we carried it around and put it on the shed. While I screwed it down he and Steph pulled nails out of another full size sheet. They brought it to me and I screwed it down. Then they brought the half sheet over and it fit perfect. So now the roof is done except for putting the billboard tarp over it.

At about 745 I lit the burn barrel up and watched it burn down to a safe level then I came in. My hands are throbbing. But it feels good to know that the shed is almost done. And so far I have about $100 in it. $20 for the tarps, $25 for the screws, and about $50 for half the shed we tore down week before last.

• olcowhand, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1773 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 08:55 PM

Glad to hear your shed is going well. I can feel for your ability to get up off the ground, after taking a spill last Sunday I had a terrible time at work Monday, and had to take today off as my knee refused to support my weight till about 10:00 today. I spent the day talking (pleading) to some local contractors, then practicing cutting scrap J-channel before I trash another $40.00 in material.

I'll see how tomorrow is, the swelling has went down and I can get around, as long as I don't get on the ground, then all bets are off.

• MH81 said thank you

#1774 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 09:05 PM

I just read you update on the shed. My walls will be made of billboard tarps. No worries about leaky windows.

#1775 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 09:44 PM

Yea I'm struggling with this. (J trim) grrrrrr

#1776 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,306 Thanks
  • 4,659 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 01:10 PM

I just read you update on the shed. My walls will be made of billboard tarps. No worries about leaky windows.

Tyvek coating or something comparable to that will let any moisture inside the wall out and stop moisture from coming into the wall is really what you should use..  Vinyl or tarp will just create an impermeable seal and that could cause trouble down the road..  JMO..  

J-trim..  Start @ the bottom of the window or opening and work it up..  I've spent some time watching this guy's videos when I sided my house and they are great.. 

#1777 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 01:35 PM

Tyvek coating or something comparable to that will let any moisture inside the wall out and stop moisture from coming into the wall is really what you should use..  Vinyl or tarp will just create an impermeable seal and that could cause trouble down the road..  JMO..  

J-trim..  Start @ the bottom of the window or opening and work it up..  I've spent some time watching this guy's videos when I sided my house and they are great.. 

It won't be completely enclosed so the moisture wont be a problem

#1778 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 06:35 PM

Gave my office chair a good workout today.

This morning I awakened to the subtle sounds of a monsoon outside. So I went back to sleep.

Whatever time I finally got up

coffee_assault.jpg

Steph and Heath had a doc appointment so I had the house to myself. It was raining off and on still.

They cam home and the weather cleared up enough for her to throw the cat outside. Then I helped her get Grady's trailer hooked up to her truck and loaded with trash. Then I started watching Dust Up.

Heath went down for a nap and she left for the dump.

I was sitting here watching the Battle of the Bulge and I kept hearing a crashing noise. When I looked outside I noticed my aluminum sheeting pile was migrating towards my neighbor Bob's house. SO I went out and restrained it.

Steph came home and the wind really got to rocking. I thought the bush in front of my window was going to wind up in OZ. I ran out to check on anything that may be working on its wings. I found the big tarp that covers the ground on our work area was thinking of leaving so I pushed the Troy-Bilt I got yesterday on top of it.

Then I came back inside and held the chair down some more.

The Battle of the Bulge ended and now The Enemy Below is threatening.

I was just presented with baked Chicken and a baked potato. Life is good.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, March 12, 2014 - 06:36 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1779 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 10:39 PM

Dust Up?? Now you know the rest of the story---- they are our next door neighbours. And, yes, they are just that crazy!!

#1780 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 05:26 PM

Things got done.

Today Steph had her internship again so Heath and I had the run of the place.

I got to sleep at 430. He woke me up at around 1000 and then …

ras3.jpg

We spent a little time looking at some car stuff online then we headed off to the scrap yard to get rid of the Neon.

We swung by the bank to cash the check. Heath got a sucker.

ras2.jpg

And then we headed home.

We watched a couple of videos and played cars and then it was his nap time.

One he was in bed I headed outside to finish the tractor shed.

I got the roof done and then Steph came home. We got the sides on and moved a bunch of stuff out of the way.

Finally I backed the tractors in. Well almost. I somehow failed to measure the width of the openings. The Hemorrhoid wouldn’t fit. I had to move the center support over about 6 inches to get it in.

After that adjustment we got the tractors stored inside ras.jpg and closed them in.

ras1.jpg

I have all the scrap lumber cooking in the burn barrel.

Graham and Jenni are cooking us dinner for our anniversary today. We have been married for 4 years now.

• olcowhand, Alc, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#1781 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 05:29 PM

Dust Up?? Now you know the rest of the story---- they are our next door neighbours. And, yes, they are just that crazy!!

It was a pretty crazy movie. For some reason I like bad movies. Last summer I actually tried to find the worst movie on Netflix. I found

Nazis at the Center of the Earth http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2130142/

#1782 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,700 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 06:07 PM

Congratulations on your anniversary. :thumbs:

#1783 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 07:15 PM

4 years and she hasnt blugeoned you to death with a piece of scrap steel?

Just kidding. Congrats you two.
  • Team_Green said thank you

#1784 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 07:54 PM

Happy Anniversary folks! Willie, if she's hung around this long, you may have a keeper!

#1785 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 07:57 PM

congrats ya old fart.. Now to get past the seven year itch..

• toomanytoys84 said thank you