Try a little JD!! :beer:   :beer:   :beer:   :beer:  :beer:

• KennyP said thank you

#1757 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,870 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 01:12 AM

Right now your whole life is a man cave!! Enjoy.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#1758 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 07:37 AM

Hard to believe how bored we become without our wives around.  It drives me nuts right now, I come home from work to my apartment, wife is at the house in Ohio.

I walk in take off my shoes,throw my keys on the counter and look around thinking now what the heck am I supposed to do.  I usually end up staying at work till 7 or 8 so I have something to do.  Never thought work would be my "go to" for entertainment.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1759 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,702 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 11:42 AM

Hard to believe how bored we become without our wives around.  It drives me nuts right now, I come home from work to my apartment, wife is at the house in Ohio.

I walk in take off my shoes,throw my keys on the counter and look around thinking now what the heck am I supposed to do.  I usually end up staying at work till 7 or 8 so I have something to do.  Never thought work would be my "go to" for entertainment.

I have lived by myself longer in my adult life than I have lived with anyone else so I know how to entertain myself.

I didn't post anything yesterday because the rain had my internet messed up.

SO

I woke up at some time yesterday – it was pouring rain. So

precoius.jpg

Then I watched it rain.

After a while I went in and played with the ducks.

Then I watched it rain some more. Once it stopped raining I was afraid to go outside for fearing of being trapped in the mud.

I watched 3 seasons of Justified and ate 4 pork chops. It was a good day.

• Craig., KennyP and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#1760 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,702 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 06:24 PM

Well my yard used to be clean.

Today I had to do something. I woke up early and nearly wore a hole in the floor between the office and the

jumper.jpg

Finally I got dressed and sloshed outside into the mud.

In short order I made a huge mess.

The building parts came apart into a bijillion pieces after about 2 hours of using the reciprocating saw and the drill with a screwdriver bit. Now I have a pile of aluminum sheet and a pile of usable lumber.

pile.JPG

Then I moved a bunch of the stuff that my slaves just cleaned up and started to build my little lean to to store the tractors and stuff in.

Even the Hemorhoid and the Dragon Fly got involved.

pile2.JPG pile3.JPG pile4.JPG pile5.JPG pile6.JPG

I did some measuring and then put some blocks down. This section of floor was probably 200+ pounds. After I had that moved I was done. It took everything I had.

The dogs got a good romp in the field and the chickens got fed. The ducks have about 8 inches of water in the tub. I will drain that in about 20 more minutes and feed them then I am done for the night.

pile7.JPG

I found two more pork chops in the freezer so I am having chops pan fried in Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, pepper and beer. Good stuff.

pile8.JPG

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#1761 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,479 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 06:32 PM

Glad you were able to get out for awhile. It's soggy outside here today!

#1762 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,702 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 06:42 PM

I was covered in mud when I came in.

#1763 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,479 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 06:51 PM

I chose to stay inside today. We got a half inch of rain, but the temp has been right above freezing all afternoon!

#1764 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,702 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 06:15 PM

She is home!!

I woke up this morning after having the weirdest dream where the cast of the Dick Van Dyke show could only talk in song titles. It was hilarious, but I can't remember any of it now.

So it was off too...

640x453_17785_Caffeine_2d_sketchbook_coffee_fantasy_creature_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Then I dragged my carcass outside and got to work on my lean to. Well, sorta. First thing I realized it I only had 3 4 inch deck screws left. I figured I would go to Ace and see what their price was. When I go there I figured I could do better at Lowe’s. I was wrong. Lowe’s was $1 more. As I was grumbling to myself about wasting time and paying more I came across the clearance table.

I found this

http://www.coptool.c...lator/#more-717

For $25. I couldn't find another one in the store. It has no battery but it will runoff a cigarette lighter. If I ever buy a cordless impact I will get a PC so I have a battery for it. We keep a small compressor in the truck for going to pick up cars that have flats. This one seems to have a bit more strength than the little wal-mart compressor in there now and as an added bonus I can inflate air mattresses with it, so it will be perfect for when Steph makes me sleep out in the shop.

After stopping by Cook-Out for lunch I headed home and got to work. I had nails pulled out of a few boards when I heard Christine come in the driveway.

As I came around the back of the buildings I saw Heath come around the back of the pickup. He smiled and ran right past me to the tractors. I guess I know where I stand. At least Steph seemed to be glad to see me.

After all the hellos were done I went back to my project. I got the blocks leveled for the next section of floor and Steph helped me set the much lighter section of floor in place.

As I stood and tired to decide the best way to use the scrap wood to finish the project I kept hearing a diesel engine running at a high speed with no load on it. I looked around and the guy two houses over had his son to come over in his F250 to get his trailer. He got buried.

SO I took the BlueOx over and got out the 85 foot long synthetic winch cable and pulled him out.

Then there was a neighborhood meeting as other people come wandering over to see what was going on. It has been a couple of months since we all had a reason to stand around and talk so it was ok.

After about a hour I headed back to the house and started working on the lean-to.

Finally Steph came back from the neighbors and we got all the nails pulled out of the usable boards and realized I wasn't going to have quite enough. After we talked for a minute we remembered that there were some 4x4 posts in the field.

I took the DragonFly down and after I found the posts she promptly ran out of gas. I gave a yell to Steph to bring the gas can. She came down with a jack stand. I really wonder about her sometimes. I asked her why she brought a jack stand she said it was what I asked for. So she go to go back up the hill for the gas can.

I was hurting and tired and said I am done.

Now she is cooking dinner, Heath and I are drinking Fruit punch and watching TV.

• olcowhand, MH81, IamSherwood and 4 others have said thanks

#1765 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,953 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 06:26 PM

"I gave a yell to Steph to bring the gas can. She came down with a jack stand."

And this is how it starts..... I do not get called at work any more asking to pick something up at the store on my way home after a couple times of forgetting what it was that I was supposed to get.

• UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1766 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 07:08 PM

I gave a yell to Steph to bring the gas can. She came down with a jack stand

That made my day. I can see the look on your face and her going what you said jack stand?

Reminds me of the old commercial or joke as a kid when they tell the old man you need a hearing aid and he says what do I need a hand grenade for??
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#1767 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,702 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 07:41 PM

Oh trust me when I was standing there with the gas cap in my hand and she walked up with a jack stand I had no idea what was happening. I was wondering if I was going to get bludgeoned with it. I asked her what she brought that for and she said I asked for it.

When I asked her what I was going to do with a jack stand in the middle of the field after the tractor ran out of gas she just shrugged.

• MH81 said thank you

#1768 Earl OFFLINE  

Earl
  • Member No: 34405
  • 76 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 07:38 AM

When I asked her what I was going to do with a jack stand in the middle of the field after the tractor ran out of gas she just shrugged.

On the good news side, she trusts you enough that when she heard jack stand (even though it was gas can), she brought it without questioning why you needed it or arguing.

I generally use my cell phone to avoid such mix ups though. We both have them on our side constantly side there is no house phone.

#1769 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,702 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 10:10 AM

Normally we have 2 way radios. Faster than dialing, but she was only about 40 feet away. I am going to buy her a hearing aid for our anniversary

• oldedeeres and Earl have said thanks

#1770 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 12:57 PM

Normally we have 2 way radios. Faster than dialing, but she was only about 40 feet away. I am going to buy her a hearing aid for our anniversary

Then it is a good thing you got the inflation to air up your air mattress.  I think you will need it sleeping in the shop! :rolling:

• KennyP, oldedeeres and Earl have said thanks