4308 replies to this topic

#1741 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 09:00 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Willie.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#1742 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 10:09 AM

I had a good friend take his life years ago after he came back from Vietnam.  We joined the Navy together.  Very hard to deal with something like suicide.  My condolences to the family and you.

• UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1743 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 10:19 AM

We never know what is going on inside of someone's head.  I think most of us are pretty good at projecting what people expect us to feel/act but on the inside we can be quite a mess.

A good friend of mine commuted suicide Christmas Eve in 2012.  His wife left him, and took the kids across the country.  The divorce was final on a few days before.  His family said it appeared as if he got out of bed, put on clean clothes, made breakfast, cleaned up his dishes, walked into the living room, sat down in his chair and ended it. 

It was hard on his friends.  I had spoken to him the night before on the phone.  He was depressed as to be expected, but seemed confident in moving forward in his life, and had told me he would stop by on Christmas for dinner.  I had been through a divorce and knew how he felt in someways.  I can only imagine what his mother and father went through that day and the following months/years.  I know that they have never been the same from the few times I have ran into them.

Life is hard, but I don't know if mine has ever been that hard.

Edited by toomanytoys84, March 05, 2014 - 10:28 AM.

• Craig., sacsr, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#1744 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,311 Thanks
  • 4,661 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 10:50 AM

Suicide is hard on everyone except the one who commits it..  Period..  

I've lost some friends that way in recent years and I can relate a bit but it just isn't the way to go..  Recently one of my bosses who retired last year and had recently lost his wife to cancer took his life leaving his 2 grown children and grandkids along with everybody else to question..  WHY?

May all of his other friends and family be able to accept this tragedy and be given peace and tranquility by the Lord..  May God comfort everyone to endure this and accept it for what it is..

• sacsr and UncleWillie have said thanks

#1745 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 11:19 AM

I am a bit heart broken.

Willie,  I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

After reading this and some of the replies, I heard this on CBC radio this morning and felt it was too important not to share:

Link to the web page: http://www.cbc.ca/th...ellow-soldiers/

Direct link to the audio: http://www.cbc.ca/th...pIds=2440338384

My fellow soldiers...reject suicide - March 5, 2014
Robert Semrau is a former Officer with the Canadian Forces. Following numerous reports of Canadian soldiers taking their own lives, he wrote an open letter to all the men and women of the Canadian Forces and coalition allies.

Hopefully there's a message we can pass on to our friends.  We can't fix the past, but let's work together to fix tomorrow.

• KennyP, UncleWillie and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#1746 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 07:15 PM

After a rough night I got up at around 10.

Steph was leaving to go to a friends in Fayettville. Her friends husband is in the military and she is pregnant. She has 4 doctors appointments in the next couple of days and needed someone to watch the other 2 kids. So I have the house to myself till Sunday.

I really didn't feel like doing anything so I didn't. It was good to have some alone time after yesterday. I didn't tell Steph about Mike. I didn't want to spoil her trip. I will tell her when she gets back.

After lots of

coffeecup.jpeg

I watched TV and did nothing.

At around 4 Graham came over and wanted me to help him install the dishwasher we picked up. So I went over and helped him. His fiance is really depressed over having to put their daughter out. The daughter is on her way to Colorado to live with her dad. Hopefully she will straighten up.

Now I am back home.

Tomorrow I may go out and tinker around in the yard. If I feel like it.

• olcowhand, KennyP, sacsr and 2 others have said thanks

#1747 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 07:30 PM

I know it's tough losing a friend, but you need to get on with your life.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1748 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 07:52 PM

I know it's tough losing a friend, but you need to get on with your life.

Yeah I will tomorrow. I just needed some time. Not telling Steph was hard on me last night.

• KennyP, motobreeder, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#1749 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • Member No: 51445
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 10:25 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend Willie. This kind of thing has no boundaries when it comes to trying to figure out what happened (meaning it happens to people of all race, religion, financial status or whatever). 

i did some reading on people that have mental health issues because i had a person that was close to me that was struggling through some things. One thing that i found out was that sometimes some of the brightest even most colorful people really struggle inside especially when they are thinking about something major in their life is changing or about to change.

It's really difficult to even make any this type of thing to seem understandable. I would just try to remember the good times with your friend, that is how you would want to remember him. 

• KennyP, sacsr, farmerall and 1 other said thanks

#1750 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,616 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 10:43 PM

Willie, sorry to hear of your friend. I have a friend that tried it and thankfully wasn't successful.

#1751 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted March 06, 2014 - 05:38 PM

Today didn't quite go as planned.

After getting a good 12 hours of nearly uninterrupted sleep (the cat still decided he had to sleep on my face)....

hyper.png

I had planned to go outside and unload the trailer. However, the thunder and 450000000000000MPH wind dissuaded me from attempting it. I really didn't think that unstrapping the walls of that building from the trailer in high winds was a wise plan for survival. I might have wound up in Kansas.

So I tied a rock to LittleBoy and tossed him out in the yard into the wind (Just kidding, he has claws to hold on to the porch with), fed and watered the ducklings and watched them play in the trickling stream from the bathtub faucet for a while, then I watched thing blow past the window.

Finally I couldn't sit anymore. I got dressed and headed out to the big city of Cherryville. I swung by the ABC store for a bottle of back pain medicine, then I headed by Heaffners Superette to get a lotta burger basket and some fried mushrooms.

After a lap around to the city to see what I could see – not much – I headed home.

The dogs got released from the pen for a run. The chickens finally came home from where ever then have been hiding all day and they got fed. Once the dogs had run and pooped the got fed and put back in the pen.

The burger was great. The fried mushrooms were better. Now I am preparing for a Charles Bronson marathon on ThisTV and a good cigar.

Steph and Heath are having a ball. I keep getting pictures of Heath and the little girls playing. LittleBoy has cleaned up all my leftovers.

Weather forcast is for bad weather tonight. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow and unload that trailer. Although if it is still windy I can always cut the straps and run.

• olcowhand, KennyP, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#1752 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted March 06, 2014 - 06:09 PM

cat still decided he had to sleep on my face

That is a horrible image of having Cat sleep on you face!  I thought he was down in Fla, guess he made a wrong turn. :rolling:

• KennyP and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#1753 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted March 06, 2014 - 06:22 PM

Yeehewwwwww! Cat on the face! Ugh! Better get a large bottle of bleach!!! After smelling that litter box, no telling where that sucker has been!

• HDWildBill and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#1754 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted March 06, 2014 - 06:34 PM

Yeehewwwwww! Cat on the face! Ugh! Better get a large bottle of bleach!!! After smelling that litter box, no telling where that sucker has been!

That is a horrible image of having Cat sleep on you face!  I thought he was down in Fla, guess he made a wrong turn. :rolling:

Trust me I will be locking the doors tonight!

• KennyP, HDWildBill and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#1755 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted March 06, 2014 - 07:17 PM

Now how in the world can I wash that image from my mind Bill!   :(  :rolling:

• KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks