Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,953 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 04:09 PM

While stationed in Germany I took my 5yo Daughter to a large multistory department store, I was looking at an item (cuckoo clock?) and turned around and she was gone. A quick search in the adjoining isles, a more panicked search of the 2nd floor area, ran to the escalator to the first floor and bolted to the front door for a quick scan of the parking lot. Then a frantic dash back to the escalator, while going up I saw a small crowd gathering below, I turned and sprinted back down the up escalator and found her surrounded by the crowd, no one spoke English very well but knew she was lost. A bunch of Dank'a's later, and boy was I relieved. Adeline is not something I enjoy.  

• UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1727 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 08:52 PM

And a good time was had by all.

When my alarm went off I did not want to get out of bed. However, the need to make money overrode my want to sleep till forever....

coffeeboom.JPG

We then hopped in the BlueOx and headed off to Newton. A guy had a 97 Plymouth Breeze. We got there before he got home and had to wait a bit, but it was fine. We had classic country playing on the radio and had some time to relax.

When he got there we got loaded up and headed off.

Last night I noticed a guy on CL who was advertizing that he paid $.15 per pound for cars. I sent him an email last night and told him I had a 97 Breeze and asked what he would pay. He sent me an email back saying 2911 lbs = $350.00. A quick bit of math showed that he was paying less than the scrap yards. I sent him an email back saying at .15 per pound the price would be $435. I haven't heard back from him.

Then we had to go by Grady's to wee why the Mazda had a wobble in the hub I put on. I put a full turn on the hub bolt and the wobble went away.

So we chatted for a bit while Heath was playing in the Ox. When we left I discovered that my keys were missing. After an exhaustive search we found them in the center console.

Then we made a stop at Sonic to get some lunch. Next door was an excavator tearing up a parking lot so we sat for a while and let Heath watch the destruction. He was entranced.

On the way home he found a new way to eat a corndog.

corndog.JPG

When we got home it was a little after 1. We got busy taking the car apart. It had a brand new exhaust manifold on it that was worth quite a bit of money so I had to get it off. That took an hour and a half.

About halfway through the surgery Heath decided he had enough of playing in the Plymouth and headed off for the front yard. After two recoveries Steph took him in and put him to bed.

I Finally had enough to trying to get the manifold off the right way and resorted to breaking things to get the manifold free. In 20 minutes it was on the ground.

Under the car I found this interesting drain plug in the oil pan.

oilplug.JPG

A quick check of the time showed that it was 3. The scrap yard closed at 4. SO we got in high gear and got the gas out of it and tossed some loose steel in it. Then I made a mad dash to Gastonia to the scrap yard. I got there at 345.

Once I had the car scrapped I headed to the bank to cash the check. I was filthy. The teller asked what I had been doing. I told her I rolled around on the ground a bit before I came in to make her think I had been busy.

Then I stopped by Ingles to get some adult libations – Angry Orchard is good stuff.

Finally I dragged my weary sore carcass into the house. Heath was still asleep and Steph was in the tub. She pulled a muscle in her leg today and was soaking it.

When she got out Heath was awake and they went off to the store. I got in the tub.

After soaking for about an hour and a half Steph and Heath came home. Heath was reaching in the tub playing with the water. Steph got him undressed and he finally ventured into the water after a few false starts.

We played in the tub for about 45 minutes. He had a ball. I finally turned on the shower and pulled the plug. He has always been afraid of the shower so I introduced it to him slowly. He loved it.

Once we were all clean Steph dried him off and left me to fend for myself.

Now I am eating leftover BBQ sandwiches and watching Bones.

It was a good day.

Oh and..

We saw this yesterday. Anyone have an idea what it is?

oldcar.JPG

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1728 Jack ONLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 09:55 PM

Yeah, it's a Morris Minor   http://en.wikipedia....ki/Morris_Minor

• MH81 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1729 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 10:02 PM

Cool. I knew it wasn't American, but I didn't want to go traipsing across someones field to look at it. Good way to get shot.

• Craig. said thank you

#1730 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 10:11 PM

Long day. Hands hurt. More details tomorrow. Just now getting home.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#1731 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 10:17 PM

My hands are hurting as well.  Arthritis flareup the last couple days.

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#1732 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,562 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 10:18 AM

My hands & back hurt as well, cutting up trees all day.  Not used to that type labor.

#1733 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 01:39 PM

To to recap yesterday.

We got up and staggered around the house for a bit.

coffee_soldier.gif

Then we headed outside. The front Brakes on the Ox started to squeal yesterday so they had to be checked. Sure enough they were down to paper thin.

After Heath and I made a quick trip to AutoZone in Christine we got the truck together, hooked to the big trailer, and the trailer unloaded.

Then we headed off to Statesville.

It wasn't a smooth start to the drive. We stopped for gas. It took forever because the cahsier was an idiot. Then we ran by Sonic. It took 15 minutes for the worker to get our order right, and then it was still wrong when we got it. Then we ran to Lowe's to get some sawzall blades. They have installed some new anti theft devices that took about 5 minutes to get each pack of blades off then the lines at the registers were long. So all told it took an hour to even get on the highway.

Finally we hit the open road and pushed the throttle to emergency military power and made up some time.

When we got to the house we were going to I found out why the guy said we couldn't get the little building out in one piece. It was wedged in a corner of the yard behind another building.

SO we commenced to disassembling the shed. I have lots of great lumber to build a lean to for my tractors.

This is the load we left with.

2014-03-01_16-53-06_465.jpg 2014-03-01_16-52-47_119.jpg

Then we headed by JR Cigar and I bought some sticks and sat and smoked one while Steph and Heath looked around the store. Believe it or not all she bought was an apple corer and a coloring book for Heath.

Found this in the parking lot

2014-03-01_16-52-40_252.jpg

Then we headed over to TSC where she bought some baby ducks. I got a couple of ratchet straps and a starter solenoid for the DragonFly.

2014-03-02_12-43-29_250.jpg

Every restaurant in town was packed and had lines out in the parking lot. SO we decided to hit Waffle House. They were empty. I guess they weren't fancy enough for the Saturday out to eat crowd. I had a Rib eye, hash browns, and eggs, Steph and Heath both got a waffle and bacon. Heath ate all the bacon and most of the waffle. He was hungry.

We took back roads on the way home because of the wacky load. I really didn't want a state trooper to want to inspect it.

We got home about 9pm. When we pulled onto our road Steph took Heath out of the car seat and put him in my lap. He had a billion megawatt smile on his face while he steered the truck.

By the time I got in the house the arthritis in my thumbs was hurting so bad I could barely hold a glass. The tally for aches and pains today is: Left ankle, right knee, left lower back, middle upper back, neck, and both thumbs.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#1734 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 07:09 PM

Well today I had planned to do nothing.

I slept in and woke up aching like I was hit by a steam roller. After some Goody's Body Ache powders and

a-funny-coffee-quotes.jpg

I started playing on CL and looking for tractors to buy and fix it to resell this spring.

At about 3 I staggered out into the yard and started takign pictures of all the stuff I have to sell.

Anyone wanna buy something?

http://charlotte.cra...0602&catAbb=sss

While I was posting ads I got a call from a gal about a JD 6605 door glass. So I drove down to Gastonia to meet her and pick it up. Who knows? Maybe someone will need one.

2014-03-02_18-14-08_187.jpg

On the way down I saw a guy in little red car being tailgated by a Scion Shoebox. The red car had enough of it and slammed on his brakes and got out of his car. If I had not been going to meet that gal I would have stopped to watch the show.

• olcowhand, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1735 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 07:22 PM

Not much going on today. It was pouring rain.

Steph had to go to a meeting about her internship at a school so Heath and I had the house.

He had juice. I had

coffeecat.jpg

Then we did nothing important. We watched the ducks. I looked at ads online. I fielded 47000000000000 stupid questions from people about my ads. We ate some grapes.

Then Steph messed it all up by coming home.

At around 1 my neighbor, Wanda, called. She needed to get to their lawyer to pay her for some work for her sons custody battle. The ex is a drug addict who is living with a guy who has been handcuffs more than I have been in the bathroom.

So Wanda and I took a drive to Gastonia in the BlueOx.

The Ox looked pretty good in the rain.

burbb.jpg

She took care of her business while I sat out in my truck and watched YouTube videos on my phone.

We came back home about 230 and I got a call about some rims I had for sale. The guy came and bought them.

Now I am back to surfing for ads online.

• olcowhand, KennyP, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#1736 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:19 PM

Another slow day.

This morning it was raining again.

So

bathe-in-coffee.jpg

Then I spent time rearranging my desk and watchign the Corvette Museum recover the 62 from the sink hole.

About 130 Reid came by to give me a 1 inch drill bit with a 1.2 inch shank. Not sure what I am going to use it for but I have it. He needed a throttle cable so I gave him one of the last tractor I picked up.

While he and I were talking I got a call from Graham. His girlfriends 18 year old daughter (that they put out of the house) is going to Colorado. He wanted me to change the oil and check out her car before she left.

Whoever designed her Nissan Altima was an idiot. There is room for an oil filter the size of a milk jug in plain sight under the car. So they put a thimble sized filter hidden from view with no way to remove it without pouring oil all over everything.

Once it was changed and I poured a half gallon of antifreeze in the radiator I was done.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ocs0I/new

I found a few more things outside to sell so I got some pictures and posted them. Now I just need buyers to call.

• olcowhand, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1737 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:20 PM

I just found out that a good friend of mine committed suicide today. We all thought he was doing good. Friday I drove past his shop and didn't stop because we were in a hurry.

I am a bit heart broken.

• sacsr, HDWildBill, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#1738 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,456 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:28 PM

Sorry to hear this! You know we are here if you need us!

• UncleWillie said thank you

#1739 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:29 PM

I just found out that a good friend of mine committed suicide today. We all thought he was doing good. Friday I drove past his shop and didn't stop because we were in a hurry.

I am a bit heart broken.

So sorry to hear that Willie. Sad

#1740 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,866 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 11:38 PM

Sorry about your friend, Willie.