wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 05:06 PM

Not a bad day at all.

I managed to get to sleep at around 2am then about every hour I woke myself up sneezing. It was a fitful night.

When I got up I really needed...

wakethedead.jpg

Then Heath and I spent some time watching videos of tractors, airplanes, trucks, people falling on ice, and shooting. After about 2 hours of that it was time to get moving.

We all headed out in the 60+ degree sunshine and got to loading Christine with old batteries. I grabbed my battery tester and kept about 8 good batteries.

Then I took a nice drive thru the country to get to Buffalo Shoals to sell the batteries and then got a good battery for the Hemorrhoid. It will be nice to not have to use jumper cables to start it and nto be able to shut it off.

On the way up I saw a bunch of carports that fell in the snow. I may have to go leave some business cards.

When I got home Heath was down for a nap and Steph had to leave for class.

I sat here for a while playing on Reddit and then I got a text from the neighbors daughter that I had the problem with last week. She was in her driveway, puking, and couldn't get her keys out of her car. I could hear her crying through the open window in my office.

So I went over and found that she had a large cup in the cup holder and it was holding the transmission out of park. A simple push and the keys were out.

Then we had a nice long talk in the driveway about her lying to me. I told her I would do about anything for her IF she was only honest with me. She cried and hugged me and said she would tell the truth from now on. Maybe she will realize that everything she does that is selfish will eventually come back to hurt her.

When I came back I found the defination of happiness A dry piece of OSB in the sunshine.

happiness.jpg

Then I finally had enough of my hair.

About a week ago Steph put it up in rubber bands. She is gone to class and I was left alone with the clippers and scissors.

Two weeks ago

hairy.jpg

Today

notsohairy.jpg

• Craig., HowardsMF155 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1682 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 05:32 PM

Nice job with them pair of clippers!

Edited by BaumBaum, February 18, 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#1683 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 06:40 PM

Nice job with them pair of clippers!

The ups guy showed up with some car parts halfway through. He asked what happened to my head once side was 4 inches long and the other side short.

• Craig. and trowel have said thanks

#1684 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 07:20 PM

Oh boy, forgot one side,....

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#1685 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 08:47 PM

looks like you did a pretty good job.

#1686 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 09:44 PM

Boy and I was all excited for 42 today....way to rain on my parade

#1687 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 10:22 PM

Tomorrow it is going to be 70 :rocker2:

But it is supposed to rain. :mad2:

• Craig. said thank you

#1688 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 05:06 AM

It's currently 52 and pouring down the rain

#1689 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 05:59 PM

Close to 80 here today, then the big freeze this weekend (mid 60's). Won't be long before I am (not really) complaining of 110 weeks in a row.

Edited by larrybl, February 19, 2014 - 06:00 PM.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1690 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 07:15 PM

Two steps forward...

Today after sneezing myself awake I headed to the kitchen...

thepsychosheep_coffee-monster.jpg

Then I did a quick check of my online stuff and headed outside. I had to go up and work on Grady's daughter-in-laws Mazda, but first we had to get a things done.

We have been trying to carry the trash off for 2 months now. Every time we start something comes up and we have to abandon it again.

There was too much trash to just put on Christine and the small trailer was still full of scrap metal from last month. So Steph backed Christine over to the trailer and we hooked it up. Then the new battery got put in the Hemorrhoid so t could drag Christine out of the mud.

After that was done and the load tied down I left for Grady's and Steph left for the scrap yard. The plan was for her to come back and get the trash loaded up later.

On the way to Grady's the BlueOx missed and died. I coasted into a nursing home parking lot and messed with the wiring and it started again. So I drove on to Grady's and worked on the Mazda. Once I had as much done as I could do I headed home.

The Ox sputtered and died. This time I coasted into a cemetery. As I was tinkering with it a guy pulled up to see if he could help. I told him I was going to have to call a tow truck. He said he had one and he would tow me home.

So he hooked me up and dragged me back to the house. On the way we discovered that we knew each other from the scrap yard in Waco.

After he dropped me in the driveway I came in the house. I am tired and sore and I will fool with it tomorrow.

Steph managed to get all the trash off to the dump. Heath has still not had a nap. He is tired, but shows no sign of slowing down. He should sleep good tonight.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1691 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 07:17 PM

Sorry the Ox is still being stubborn. Really sounds like you have a widespread wiring issue.
Good luck.

#1692 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 07:21 PM

I found a couple of wires that were taped up by the PO. I am sure there are more. I will delve into it tomorrow.

• KennyP said thank you

#1693 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 08:09 PM

Wiring can be a real hassle! Good luck!

#1694 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 07:54 PM

Frustrating, but productive.

This morning much earlier than I wanted to I wandered into the

CoffeeBreakSwim.gif

Then we all headed outside for see if we could revive the Ox. After a couple of hours poking around we found a few bare wires but none of them fixed the problem.

At around noon I headed down to get a new voltmeter because mine died. $50 later and I was back home and probing again.

At 1 Heath went down for a nap.

When Steph came back out we found, completely by accident, that the main ground wire had 9 volts on it. That caused some real head scratching. After more poking and probing I found out that the anti-lock pump was shorted internally and was feeding back thru the ground circuit. I have never liked the anti-lock anyway so I pulled the plug on it and lo and behold all the stuff that stopped working started to work again.

So we buttoned everything back up and backed the Ox over to hook it up to the big trailer and it died.

So more poking and probing and prodding and it started back up again. Then it died. And we poked some more and it started again.

My friend Jessie came by to see what I was doing and he was stumped too.

I needed to check the wiring to the fuel pump. What I didn't have was a set of 20 foot long leads for my meter. However, I did have an extension cord. Once I determined that the wiring to the pump was good I hooked the pump directly to a spare battery. It came to life. So I hooked the wiring to the pump back up and jumped power straight from the battery to the wiring to the fuel pump. The truck started right up. I unhooked the wire and the truck died, just like I knew it would. I did think it would restart. It wouldn't.

We beat and banged on the pump and it never came back to life so we pulled the tank. Fortunately it was almost empty. It is the only vehicle I have ever had a pump go out on that didn't have a full tank.

After directly hooking it to a battery it didn't come on. Steph started beating it with a wrench and it finally started spraying fuel. Maybe I need to strap Steph under the truck with a wrench.

A call to Autozone and I have to wait till tomorrow to get the pump.

So we called it a night and picked up the tools.

When we finished up our neighbor Wanda's daughter called over to ask if I would look at her car. She said it was making a noise when she hit a bump. She ran off the road in the snow and thought she had broken something important. I found a loose plastic trim piece. When I slapped it she said, “Hey that is the noise I am hearing.” I told her to not worry about it.

Steph and Heath came over while I was laying under the car.

Wanda came outside, still sick. I chewed her out for being out there after dark when it was cooling down. She stuck her tongue out at me. Not appropriate behavior for a 76 year old woman if you ask me.

As we left there was a chorus of I love you's. I was thinking about it later. When the other neighbor called Steph earlier today to ask something. Steph was under the truck and put the phone on speaker so I was involved in the conversation too. When she got ready to hang up there was another round of I love you's. I have never lived in a place where the neighbors cared about each other as much.

It is a nice feeling to know that your neighbors are not just people who live close to you, but who live close to your heart.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#1695 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 08:21 PM

I almost got into a fist fight with my neighbor at my last house.

Then the area I live now we all ignore each other. Just the way I like it!!

Everytime ive replaced a fuel pump it had a full tank. I always swore the fuel pump was programmed to read the fuel gauge and only fail at 3/4 and above.
  • oldedeeres said thank you