Sounds like some real fun down there!

#1667 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 08:08 AM

Amazing how busy some bad weather can make a guy! A big :thumbs: for helping out your neighbors!

#1668 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 04:28 PM

Lots of

drinkme.jpg

About 11 I had to go pull the neighbors car out of his driveway with the Hemorrhoid. The neighbors who were all out in T-shirts having a showball fight came over to push.

Hopefully tomorrow all the roads will be cleared. It is 60 outside and melting fast.

trksno.JPG

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#1669 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 10:42 PM

Be nice if our snow melted that fast...we have snow from a month ago on the ground.
  • Craig. said thank you

#1670 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted February 15, 2014 - 09:17 PM

I hate a liar. T

This morning I was having a weird dream about Kim and Kathy Curtis (not twins but blonde haired browned eyed sisters 1 year apart) who I went to school with.

After that sweet dream was broken...

coffee-beautiful-cup-7.jpg

Then I messed around on the computer and watched a few episodes of Justified on Amazon prime.

After Heath went down for a nap Steph left for the store. She actually managed to get Christine out of the swamp. I got restless so I went outside to see if what I thought was wrong with the front axle actuator on the BlueOx was actually what was wrong.

I took a brief walk around the yard before I started.

Then I jacked the Ox up a little bit and got a mat to lay on and got do diagnosing.

First I took the old thermal actuator out and hooked it straight to the battery. It worked. Then I checked the wiring. 4.2v at the connector, 7.6v at the fuse. Something is definitely wrong in the wiring. I have a cable engage kit enroute from Georgia (and the snow) but it is delayed getting here. For now I will just have to stay on dry ground. According to the tracking it has bounced back and forth between Greensboro and Atlanta a couple of times. I am not sure UPS even knows where it is.

This evening Steph's friend Jenni came over. Her daughter is the teenaged girl I took to Wal-Mart yesterday. I spent a lot of my time a helping her get to where she needed to be and I found out today that she completely lied to me. I drove my truck - that pays my bills and feeds my family - through the ice ans snow to get her to a friends house who supposedly had no water due to the storm. I was under the impression that we were bringing them back to her parents house. After we got there she went in for a few minutes then came back out and told me that the water was back on and her mom said she could stay and would come pick her up the next day. Today I found out that it was her boyfriends house. They were never out of water.

I rate a liar a half step above a thief. If she will lie to me she will steal from me. I put a long post on her Facebook page telling her that she was no longer welcome here. She will have to earn my trust again if she cares to.

Any how, now I am watching StarTrek and staring at wiring diagrams. I cannot find a link between the wipers (that died at the same time the actuator did) and the actuator. Although, I cannot find the actuator on and of the diagrams.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Alc and 4 others have said thanks

#1671 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,293 Thanks
  • 28,625 posts

Posted February 15, 2014 - 09:39 PM

UW, I went to watch the video and its a private listing.
Check to see if there is a ground that is common somehow, they can cause havoc on the wipers, I assume also on the actuators

Which Star Trek?

#1672 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted February 15, 2014 - 10:03 PM

I fixed the video.

ST TOS comes on every saturday night on MeTv.

I am sure it is a ground, but which one. Having a hard time finding anything in common.

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#1673 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,723 Thanks
  • 4,284 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 12:46 AM

Maybe you should split the bulkhead connector and recheck it. May be something going on there again?

• MH81 said thank you

#1674 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 02:04 AM

Doug i had that same horrible thought

#1675 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,723 Thanks
  • 4,284 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 02:40 PM

I re-read and see you only have 7v at the fuse. Did you check voltage on the wiper fuse? That's leading back to the ignition switch if you're not getting full voltage in the fuseblock. Running a jumper straight to batt grd would help isolate the ground side for low voltage.

• HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1676 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 04:25 PM

Once ti dries up I will go out and take a look. I don't like having to tread water while I work.

#1677 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • Member No: 51445
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 08:33 PM

Best of luck on the actuator. I had a similar once, and after i found it, it was really kind of simple.

Hopefully, we are beginning to get a break in the weather. Supposed to get into the 60's here this week finally.

Where did you find the tires for the dragonfly?? 

#1678 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 09:50 PM

Best of luck on the actuator. I had a similar once, and after i found it, it was really kind of simple.

Hopefully, we are beginning to get a break in the weather. Supposed to get into the 60's here this week finally.

Where did you find the tires for the dragonfly?? 

The front tires are off of a tiller. The back tires were on a zero turn that a woman was using for landscaping, and they were tearing her customers yards up, and wanted to trade for a set of turfs. I had a set of turfs on a parts tractor so the trade was done.

• Craig. said thank you

#1679 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted February 17, 2014 - 09:05 PM

Well my package finally found its way from Georgia.

After 5 hours of sleep (I finally drifted off at 6 only to be awakened at 7 by a ringing phone then managed to get back to sleep at 8)

The front door being opened awakened me. A package was being delivered. More accurately 2 were being delivered.

Finally at about 11 I dragged myself to the coffee pot.

garfield.gif

Then I opened my boxes. One was the Cable-Lok I have been waiting for to fix the BlueOx. The other was a CV axle for the Mazda I am working on.

When I opened the Cable-Lok I noticed one glaring problem. No instructions. I was sure I could have figured it out, but I didn't want to mess anything up so I went online and started searching.

I couldn't find anything but one really hilariously poor set of instructions with really bad drawings that were apparently done in MSPaint. The Cable-Lok is an identical match to a Posi-Lok, it even says on the box that it replaces the Posi-lok. A search for Posi instructions was fruitful and after a few minutes I had a set printed out.

After figuring out where everything was, and confirming that I had all the parts, I asked Steph when Heath was going down for a nap. He had been in bed for an hour. I guess I got consumed by my search.

IN a couple of hours I had it mounted and once again have working 4wd. The only two problems I had were that I didn’t have a 9/16 drill bit and I had to file out a ½ inch hole in the firewall to 9/16, and that the handle for the kit goes under the ashtray. In my truck that is also the location of the lighter plug where the phone charger stays plugged in. I modified the mount to sit a little lower and it worked perfect.

We then turned out attention to fixing one ground strap that I knew was broken – it didn't fix my other problems. And getting the bolt in the transmission dipstick tube. Somehow we missed it when we put the truck back together.

Heath woke up and Steph came into get him while I finished up with the dipstick. Once that was done my hands were killing me so I came in and told her I would watch Heath till she got the tools picked up.

After dinner I went out and gave the 4wd a test. It works perfect.

• olcowhand, Craig., trowel and 2 others have said thanks

#1680 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,293 Thanks
  • 28,625 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 01:51 AM