Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

The Adventures Of My New Hat

• Please log in to reply
4314 replies to this topic

#1636 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 11:12 AM

If we are complaining about Lowes I'll throw in my 2 cents .  I was saving mony to buy a 12" compound miter saw and bought one at Lowes for $219 which I thought was a good price , about a monyh later at Home Depot I saw this display  with miter saw on sale from $179 to $149 , thought it must be for the smaller 10" nope , maybe not a compound ,,, nope  , it was the excat same model #  DeWalt 715   :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:   

Should have taken your recipe back to Lowes and asked them to match it.  If not return it and go to home depot and buy a new one.

I like Home Depot because I usually get good service and Active and retired military get 10% of their entire purchase.  An interesting story, When I retired from the Navy I got an indefinite ID card.  Well since the nearest military base was up in Marietta I didn't use it much.  So about 20 years passed, When Home depot started offering the 10% discount when I showed the cashier my Id card one of them said that's not a military id.  We went round and round, I did get my discount but it got me to thinking and sure enough some where along the way they changed the ID's so last year while I was visiting my daughter in VB I got a new ID.

• Alc, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1637 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 04:03 PM

Well today I awoke and celebrated an important event

Coffee_in_Rations.jpg

Then Heath and I hopped in the BlueOx and Dragged the Kia up to Charlotte.

Then we headed back home.

For some reason the wipers on the Ox aren't working again. They worked great when the sun was shining but not when it was rainy. Maybe they are solar powered LOL.

Well that is it for today. Steph is off to class. Heath and I are holding down the fort.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1638 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 05:43 PM

Same with me. I can be at 3 lowes in a 30 minute drive. There is seriously a lowes every 10 miles.

Home Depot is over 50 minutes away. There are a few odd ball chains but they are more expensive than lowes.

Lowes lumber also sucks. Warped garbage.

Edited by toomanytoys84, February 04, 2014 - 05:44 PM.

#1639 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 09:09 PM

Busy couple of days.

Yesterday the alarm went off and I rolled onto my feet and headed for

coffee_billbd_320.jpg

Once I had that out of the way I headed outside. I rounded up a couple of tools and then I made my way up to Buffalo Shoals to my friend Grady's shop. I spent about an hour taking the rest of the Mazda apart.

I had forgotten my drain pan and he didn't have one so we were looking for a way to improvise one when I had an epiphany. The CV axle was broken from the wreck and the only thing holding the outer joint together was the boot. One swift slice later and I had the suspension torn down.

The knuckle had to come home with me so I could try to get the brake rotor off of it so it got tossed in the back of the truck. Grady and I got involved in another car/political discussion and killed another hour.

When I got back home I pulled in the driveway and as soon as the front tires of the BlueOx left the gravel it made a straight run for Christine. I barely managed to avoid the truck and then scare the daylights out of the house before sliding about 30 feet sideways thru the mud, coming to a stop just short of the maple tree.

Steph came out and we got the Hemorrhoid started and put in retrieval mode. Steph drove the Ox while I tried to pull it up the hill. No go. Then we moved some stuff in the back yard around and tried again.

She didn't want to move but after a couple of gentle tugs the Hemorrhoid managed to get the Ox moving a tiny bit. With Steph moving at an idle we went under the gantry crane and slowly around the house to the front yard.

Since the wipers quit working again we started to check on them. Steph was in the truck and told me that the anti lock light was coming on every time she turned on the wipers.

Since I was having no luck with it I decided to straight wire the wipers and be done with it. Now it is on an on-off-on toggle switch that gives me the high position and the park position. I can live with that.

When Heath came out and had a little time to run around the yard a bit I got a phone call. A guy in Charlotte called and said he had a Mitsubushi truck. So we hooked up the tow dolly and headed off.

It was pitch black by the time we got there so I really couldn't tell much about the truck. The guy said it had a blown head gasket. We hooked it up and drug it home.

On the way I sent my slave a text and told him I would pick him up at 930 this morning.

We got home Just in time to watch Criminal Minds.

Then this morning.

More

17832-I-think-this-animal-had-to-much-coffee.jpg

Then we headed off to Gastonia to get the slave and take the truck to the crusher. Once we snagged Justin we had to stop for gas. While the truck was sucking down all my money I remembered that the Mitsu still had a good battery in it. So I snatched it out and tossed it in the back of the Ox.

Once we got to the scrap yard Justin and Steph took the lug nuts off the little baby truck while I got the straps off the dolly. Once the tires were in the back of the Ox we collected our check and headed home.

At eh house Steph went in to change Heaths diaper while Justin and I got the tow dolly unhooked and got the big trailer hooked up.

A 25 minute drive later and we were at a house in Iron Station. Then we followed the guy who lived there about 15 minutes away to a building that he was loosing the lease on and had a bunch of steel in it that needed to go.

Fortunately there was an old Alis Chalmers forklift in the building that I managed to get running with the help of the Mitsus battery. There were lots of pallets of heavy molds and two pallets of Portland cement that were in the way. The forklift made it all easy.

There were 2 4x10 ¼ inch thick plates that went on first then lots of stuff got piled on top.

I managed to keep the AC running until the propane ran out while putting the last load on the trailer. We pushed the forklift the last 8 feet. Fortunately it rolled easily and I had already lifted the forks. One it was all strapped down we headed out.

herfd2.JPG

Only to pull over about 500 feet later to re -strap everything. The load had shifted and pushed the sideboard into the tire.

A straight shot down 321 to the scrap yard and we got to watch the most worthless loader operator ever grumble and cuss his way through unloading the trailer. I kept the 2 big plates.

Another check and we headed home. Steph and Heath got dropped off and Justin and I headed back up to the building to get a 3rd plate that had been sticking out of a loading dock door. He remembered it after we had everything else loaded.

A strap and the come-a-long had it pulled off into the trailer in no time.

We went back by the guys house and got some more metal and paid him. Then Justin and I headed back to my house.

His girlfriend wanted to see him so I told him to call her to come get him. She got there about 15 seconds after we did.

The tow dolly got hooked back on the truck and I left on my own to go get a Nissan Sentra- 4 miles from where I had been all day. I swear if I made one more trip[ to Iron Station today they would charge me for taxes.

After wrestling the little Nipmobile up on the dolly I made a run to Wal_Mart in Denver, NC to get some beer and a new pair of work pants. I am down to one pair.

Finally at 8pm I got home. I am worn out. Heath is busy throwing the cat in my trash can. Poor cat gets away and Heath goes and brings him back.

Tomorrow it all begins again.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, February 06, 2014 - 09:15 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1640 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted February 07, 2014 - 10:46 PM

I had a post typed up and my computer spazzed.

In summary I drank lots of coffee. We drove many miles. We crushed a Nissan and picked up a Furd.

Here is Heath drinking moonshine.

#1641 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted February 08, 2014 - 06:21 AM

Better get the boy on coffee so he isn't hitting the bottle so early in the morning... :bigrofl:

Happy looking kid there Willie, enjoy these years... They'll be gone in seconds.
  • Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1642 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • Member No: 51445
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted February 08, 2014 - 11:01 AM

Better get the boy on coffee so he isn't hitting the bottle so early in the morning... :bigrofl:

Happy looking kid there Willie, enjoy these years... They'll be gone in seconds.

Very true. Enjoy each day Willie. Before you know , they are grown. I have three. 

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1643 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted February 08, 2014 - 11:22 AM

When he was drinking that I could just see an old guy with a jar  of shine instead of a kid with a jar of fruit juice. I was hilarious to watch.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1644 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted February 08, 2014 - 07:34 PM

Wheeling and dealing today.

I rolled out of bed pretty early for a Saturday.

emergency.jpg

Then I hit the ground running.

Steph was feeling poorly so I let her rest while I went out.

First I had to get the CV hub apart off the Mazda that I have been working on. A big pipe wrench and the impact and it was apart.

Then all the tires I had got loaded into Christine’s bed and I went off to the tire shop.

Tony put the tire off the Mazda on the spin balancer and we got some bad news. The wheel was bent. I left all the wheels there and headed off to Gradys shop to give him the bad news.

The guys at the tire shop were talking bad about Christine so I gave them a show when I left. As soon as I backed out of the building I put it in 1st and floored it. I was sideways thru the gate and drifted all the way to the entrance.

Once I got to Grady's we confirmed that the salvage yard did give him the wrong steering knuckle. While we talked about it I got a bright idea and called my brother. He had a good friend who owns Tennessee Auto Salvage. I told him what parts we needed and he said he would check on them.

Then I got one of those calls that make you want to slap someone. I have a regular customer who lives in Iron Station that has a van for sale. A guy I know wanted to look at it. He called me and told me he was on his way to Iron Station. I told him to wait for me in Lincolnton and I headed out. I was trying to call the guy and he wasn't answering.

After I met with the buyer I told them that there was no way to know if the guy was home. They wanted to drive up and see. On the way up the guy finally got in touch with me and said he was no where near home. So we went our separate ways.

I decided to drop by the house of one of the guys who worked at the scrap yard that closed. He said that at noon on Friday last week a company guy showed up with a Spartanburg county sheriffs deputy and told them they yard was closed. I have no idea what a cop from SC was going to to in NC. IT is crappy that they did the employees that way.

Then I went by the house we got all the tractors from last year. I wanted to see if there were any of the Cuban cigar coffee mugs still in the building. I knocked on the door and the new owner was a bit puzzled at first. Then we walked back to the shop and he only had one. He had a bunch ball cards that I bought and I got a Snapper RER manual.

I called Tony at the tire shop to see what time he was leaving because he is a ball card collector. He said he would wait for me. I ran by the house to get the #43 John Andretti race car drivers side sheet metal that I have been meaning to get to him for about 3 years now.

While I was getting that I saw a sheriffs patrol car come by real slow a couple of times. SO I walked out to the road and asked him what was going on. He said that someone had complained about someone shooting nearby. I told him that everyone out here shot. He said it was from further up the road then he went up and pulled into the driveway of the disreputable neighbors.

I walked next door and told my neighbor what was going on and not to shoot for a while.

Then I got in Christine and went back to the tire shop. Tony was ecstatic about the sheet metal. He is going to go thru the cards and see what they are worth.

Finally I got home.

I found out that while I was gone there was a terrible helicopter accident. It seems that there was a forced water landing in the front bathroom toilet.

After adding helicopter technician to my resume I have a very satisfied customer.

heli2.jpg

heli1.jpg

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks

#1645 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted February 08, 2014 - 08:18 PM

Glad you were able to save the chopper, good man!
Busy day, about time you earned your keep. :D
  • olcowhand said thank you

#1646 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 08:08 PM

Nice day.

After 6 hours of slumber I rolled out of bed and

coffeedog1.jpg

Then I goofed off and watched movies for a while.

Finally when Heath went down for a nap I got started on my project for today.

For over a year now the back door knob has been broken. We finally bought a new knob last week and today I put it on. I waited till Heath went to sleep because Iknew he would be trying to help, and by help I mean running off with my tools and closing the door on my fingers.

Once that was done I pulled the BlueOx around back and started to tear the Ford Tempo we picked up Friday apart. It didn't take long.

Before I was finished Steph and Heath came out. He had a ball running around in the sunshine. It might be his last day to do it for a few days, It is supposed to start snowing tomorrow and keep snowing till Wednesday. Although this is NC so I don't put a lot of stock in that. It is liable to be 100 degrees tomorrow.

Of course he had to inspect all the tractors.

Heathtrac2.jpg

Heathtrac1.jpg

Finally I pulled the Ox up on the driveway so it could go to the scrap yard tomorrow. If is does rain or snow there is no way it is coming out of the yard.

Now I am back to watching movies. Steph and Heath are supposed to go across the street to watch the Walking Dead in a little bit. I plan to take a nice long hot bath while they are gone.

#1647 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 10:43 AM

Sounds like you will be getting the same storm we are supposed to get.  The forecasters here are saying if this develops then this will happen so they aren't real sure what will take place.  They are predicting a snow and possibly and ice storm.  In which case Atlanta will be shut down again!  But then next weekend it is supposed to be in the 60's again.

#1648 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 02:23 PM

The storm is supposed to come tomorrow now. Today it is raining and the county is out treating the wet roads. It will probably all be washed off before it freezes.

Not much going on today.

After

coffee-machine-smiley-emoticon.gif

I headed down to the scrap yard with the Tempo.

The scrap pile find monitor that Steph had had hooked up to her laptop died. Since the laptops screen is broken she couldn't use it. So I told her to go out and get the big monitor off the shop computer. It is hooked up to my computer and my smaller one is on hers. I may just leave this big screen in here. It is nice.

• Craig. said thank you

#1649 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 04:48 PM

Willie, you REALLY should add this emoticon to your sig line!  coffee emoticon.gif

#1650 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 05:10 PM

There how's that.