UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 07:56 PM

LIvermush is one of the best things on earth. You don't know what you are missing.

• dogsoldier and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#152 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 09:36 PM

"Then I made a quick run by Harbor Freight to snag a sawzall since all the magic smoke leaked out of mine."

Now that's funny.  I damn near spit my martini all over when I read that.  These adventures are like a book you can't put down or a favorite TV show you wait all week for.  Thanks for sharing them.  Nice hat too.  Need to see more of it.

Edited by daytime dave, January 10, 2013 - 09:36 PM.

• Craig. said thank you

#153 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 09:39 PM

what ecxactly is liver mush?? is it the left over from liver and onion's? which im over due on having some.

#154 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 10:14 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livermush

Liver and onions does sound good though. We are slaughtering chickens this weekend so if nothing else I will have chicken livers. May have to run to the store for some beef liver.

• backwoods said thank you

#155 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 10:36 PM

LIvermush is one of the best things on earth. You don't know what you are missing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livermush

There, now I don't have to defend myself the next time I have Rocky Mountain Oysters. I can just say I know someone that likes livermush. Thank you very much.

#156 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 11:25 PM

Wow.. i just sat down and read this whole thread in one sitting.. You should write a book. The Life of a Scrapminer.

I need some lessons on how you taught your wife how to change a starter...lol.. My wife sees grease and runs the other way.. Did you have to start with drops of oil and work your way up to grease? What kind of Animals did your wife get?

#157 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 11:52 PM

I started squirting WD40 on her in her sleep. By the time I got up to axle grease in her sandwiches she was immune. LOL

She didn't buy any animals tonight. She wanted to go with a friend just to see what went on and what kind of prices things sold for. She was hoping for a goat for dinner but tonight was a sellers night not a buyers.

EDIT: She made a liar out of me. She came in with 3 huge rabbits that will get butchered Saturday. Paid $22.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, January 11, 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#158 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 06:40 AM

Always good reading here ! Talking about liver & onions brings back memories for dinner's at Mom's , served on a bed of rice . Asked my wife to make it and can't say in this family site what she said to me , but it was a NO , lol . Al
  • backwoods said thank you

#159 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 09:36 AM

DOn't feel bad my wife wont cook liver either.  But that is ok because I have gotten pretty good at it.

• Alc said thank you

#160 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 10:36 AM

got any tips for me to cook liver and onion's? or how do yall cook it

#161 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 10:59 AM

I pan fry mine in beer at a medium heat till it is cooked all the way through. If you cook it too long it is tough, too little and it is mushy. Don't usually cook onions with mine.

• Alc said thank you

#162 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 05:24 PM

Woke up at the crack of early this morning to get to a job. Pouring rain outside so I sent a text to the guy and asked if he wanted to postpone. No answer. So I staggered to the coffee pot and then made a real quick email check and hit the door with my hat shielding my head from the rain.

Steph and Heath joined me and we started down the road. As we reached the end of our road sure enough I got a text – come this afternoon. So I went ahead and got gas and headed home.

Watched old movies and listened to it rain while searching Craigslist for tractors or parts. Finally I got a text back to come on and get the metal so we headed out at about 3. Pulled out of the yard and windshield wipers on the BlueOx quit working. Opened the hood and hit the motor – nothing. Something has to be shorted out. I will search for ti tomorrow. It was really only misting so I made my way down to AutoZone and bought some Rain-x and put it on the windshield then meandered on down to the house in SC.

Met up with the two nicest Asian kids I have ever met. This is the second time I have picked up from them so it we had a bit of fun teasing each other. Got all loaded up ( old washer and dryer parts, a box of brass doorknobs, stainless pipe and some odds and ends) and headed home.

Stopped for Steph to run in the grocery store and here we are. Not a bad day even if I did get up way earlier than I had to.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#163 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 08:36 PM

Well I had an interesting day today.

After my morning routine I moved the hat from my hat rack to my head and made my way out into the beautiful day. It was 70 degrees with almost no humidity. The order of the day was find the electrical gremlin in the BlueOx. I think the one that got exorcised from the S10 possessed my truck.

While I spent some quality time tracing the colored spaghetti under the hood Steph was up to her elbows in murder. Tasty tasty murder. Rabbit murder.

She slaughtered her $22 worth of rabbits and got 12 pounds of meat. One was so big she couldn't break its neck so I had to go over and lend some weight to the problem.

I went back to the truck and poked around some more and found nothing so I pulled up wiring diagrams on the computer and stared at them for a while.

Since I wasn't wholeheartedly interested in the problem it wasn't long before I had found my way over to Netflix and found myself watching Magnum PI.

Finally Steph rang the dinner bell and I came in to eat some Tacos. The truck can wait till tomorrow.

Steph has more murder planned for tomorrow. This time chicken killing. If nothing else the freezer will be well stocked.

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#164 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,519 Thanks
  • 39,737 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 07:18 AM

Did you check for a blown fuse? Is this an intermittent wiper motor? How about checking to see if you have power to the motor? Power to the switch?

#165 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,319 Thanks
  • 4,666 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 08:04 AM

Did you check for a blown fuse? Is this an intermittent wiper motor? How about checking to see if you have power to the motor? Power to the switch?

The wipers only work on high or don't work at all..  The switches are the main culprits sad to say..  Soooo fun to replace too.. :wallbanging:

**Make sure the fuse isn't blown first!

Edited by WNYTractorTinkerer, January 13, 2013 - 08:28 AM.

• KennyP said thank you