wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 07:36 PM

Always listen to you gut.

Today I had one things to do. I had to go move a wrecked car for a friend.

So after I got up and

tinkerbell.jpeg

I goofed around waiting for Grady to call that he was ready for me to come. When he finally called I hopped in Christine. Hooked up the tow dolly and headed off to his shop.

His daughter-in-law was driving her 07 Mazda cx-7 and someone pulled out and hit her. He is a body man so he is fixing it. It needed to be moved about 8 feet into his shop.

On the way up I passed a Lincolnton Sheriffs Officer and I suddenly realized that we haven't got a tag for Christine yet. Sure enough he pulled me over. I reached for my wallet and I didn't have it. I did have the registration so I gave it to him. We chatted for about 10 minutes about everything but the truck then I left. No ticket.

On the way to Grady's shop I was thinking that I should call my roadside assistance to move the car rather than try to do it on the dolly.

When I got up there for some reason I completely disregarded my gut and we put it up on the dolly.

I forgot the straps.

I figured since the drivers front was folded up under the car and the car was in park it would be OK. Grady agreed. It wasn't The car hopped over the cradle and the passengers door hit the fender. He said he could fix the door.

After about a hour of jacking it up and putting boards under it and maneuvering things around we got it off the dolly with no further damage.

I then called RA. I told them I needed a tow. They said someone would be there shortly.

About 45 minutes later a pickup truck pulled in the drive. He asked if we were the ones that needed a jump start. I have no idea what the gal at RA was smoking but I want some of it. He called back in to RA and told them that the jump start was unsuccessful (so he got paid) and they needed to send a rollback.

About 45 minutes after that the to truck showed up. 5 minutes later the car was in the shop. I should have gone with my gut.

I got home and the neighbors were over for dinner. Baked chicken, shrimp, and potatoes. Yummmmm.

I forgot to ad that this morning Heath was standing up on his night stand when Steph went into his room to put some laundry up. He stepped right off into the gravity and fell on a truck and busted his lip. he only cried for a few seconds, but man did he bleed.

lip2.jpg

lip.jpg

Edited by mybigwarwagon, January 26, 2014 - 07:57 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#1592 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 08:02 PM

Aww, poor guy. Lip injuries sure can leak, can't they? And when it's your kid, it's 10 times worse.

#1593 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 09:05 PM

Gravity will do that every time!  Watch AFV and you'll see a lot of older people haven't learned that lesson.  Hope he heals soon.

#1594 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,869 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 12:05 AM

One of the first things I learned to believe in was gravity, lol. Just like Heath I got a puffy lip to reinforce the lesson, and the horse laughed and laughed!
  • HDWildBill, Team_Green and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#1595 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 07:51 AM

gravity hurt worse 200lbs heavier and years older. 

I don't remember how I experienced gravity, but I know that gravity hurts more now than it did as a kid.

• HDWildBill, Team_Green, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#1596 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 12:40 PM

Iu was thinking this morning that someone is going to think I am abusive. Steph has a black eye (she dropped a tool on her face I was 15 miles away at the time) and Heath has a busted lip.  Hope no cops show up anytime soon.

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1597 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 12:42 PM

There's folks out there that would think that!

#1598 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 12:48 PM

Iu was thinking this morning that someone is going to think I am abusive. Steph has a black eye (she dropped a tool on her face I was 15 miles away at the time) and Heath has a busted lip.  Hope no cops show up anytime soon.

These days you can be accused of anything, so be careful!  My Grandson Case is an accident looking for multiple places to happen.  The boy can have 3 or 4 bruises at any given time, and his head usually has at least one knot on it from whacking it on something!   I've never seen a kid that bangs himself up like he does.  He's ALWAYS in high gear, and nobody is minding the steering wheel!   

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1599 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 01:55 PM

In our area, they have just started forcing everyone to dial the area code even for 'local' numbers, I know Charlotte has been doing it for some time.  Twice now, however, I have found myself dialing "911" instead of 919-###-###.  Local police have a "must investigate" policy for dropped 911 calls, so imagine my surprise after the first time that happened and about 20 minutes later the Sheriff was knocking at the door wanting to know if everyone was ok!

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1600 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,869 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 02:30 PM

At least the sheriff came! Up here people can wait half a day after several calls before "someone" takes a 911 seriously.
  • Team_Green said thank you

#1601 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 02:46 PM

Kinda sounds like when Achilles get in the trash then he walks around with this look like, "who me? I didn't do it" :rolling:

In our area, they have just started forcing everyone to dial the area code even for 'local' numbers, I know Charlotte has been doing it for some time.  Twice now, however, I have found myself dialing "911" instead of 919-###-###.  Local police have a "must investigate" policy for dropped 911 calls, so imagine my surprise after the first time that happened and about 20 minutes later the Sheriff was knocking at the door wanting to know if everyone was ok!

We've been using the area code around here for years now.  I think we started back in the late 90's.

#1602 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 04:22 PM

At least the sheriff came! Up here people can wait half a day after several calls before "someone" takes a 911 seriously.

IT takes the cops about a hour to get here. By the time they show up they just write a report and leave.

Busy Monday, but at least it was warm.

After a very windy and cool night(complete with howling coyotes) we awoke to a very nice warm Monday.

Then.....

catcoffee.jpg

After I was complete caffeinated we got outside and go tot cleaning up the mess that the cold weather and rain had kept us from getting to.

A pile of scrap metal got put on the little trailer for delivery to the scrap yard tomorrow. Then Trash got loaded up on Christine.

With that done we took t he blocks and boards that I bought about a month ago and built shelves behind the building to put more junk on.

Christine got hooked to my big trailer with the bent axles and moved it down the hill out of the way, and out of sight.

Then the Dragonfly and Hemorrhoid were awakened from slumber and put to work moving derelict tractors that were scattered all over.

About a hour and a half of seat time and they were all neatly arranged behind the shop.

Then we found more trash to toss on Christine and finally tarped the load and pulled it around front.

After more seat time on the Dragon fly we moved a bunch more stuff. The Hemorrhoid moved the little trailer that is made from an old popup camper got moved out of the yard and put beside our work area so scrap can be tossed on it and not piled in the yard.

At 3pm we called it quits. Steph had a 430 appointment to get her hair did so she came in to take a shower. Heath got up from his nap as we came in so he got a dry diaper and was turned loose on the wold.

As I sat down with a cup of coffee to relax I saw my buddy Jessie pull in the driveway so Heath and I went out to see what he was up to.

He needed to borrow a chalk line. I had just found 2 in the load of tools I bought so he took both of them with him since neither had much chalk.

After he and I talked a bit, Graham came over. Jessie had to run so I showed Graham what we had done all day and then he finally went back home to sit for a while.

Heath went with Steph. The hairdresser is a friend who works out of her house and has 2 teenaged girls that think Heath is great. She is stopping by the dump to unload the truck before she goes to get shorn.

Now I have the whole house to my self. I may just lay in the living room floor and do nothing.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#1603 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 02:57 PM

Wow, where did the 65degree temps go.

Last night I was up kind of late chatting with my oldest daughter on Facebook. She had a boy ask her out. Any one in Arizona want to go beat a boy for me?

I sent her a recent pic.

2014-01-27_22-50-16_715.jpg

Maybe that will scare him off.

I was in no hurry to get anything done today because it was cold outside. So

njac.jpg

After a couple of Goody's Back and Body powders I sat and waited for my hands and feet to stop throbbing.

Heath found a new way to get up on the counter to play with things.

2014-01-28_11-08-19_528.jpg

I finally got outside and got the Hemorrhoid jump started with the help of a couple of amps from Christine. Then I hooked up a little trailer and got to moving stuff.

After a couple of hours I got the shelves I built yesterday almost filled up and got all my tractor implements moved. And a bunch more stuff shifted around.

Then I called it a day. My hands and feet were hurting despite the gloves and thick socks.

OB will appreciate the work that went into these pics.

2014-01-28_14-18-06_472.jpg

2014-01-28_14-16-59_118.jpg

2014-01-28_14-17-40_739.jpg

2014-01-28_14-17-32_549.jpg

Another Goody's powder and some more coffee and I will be right as rain,.

Oh, yeah, it was snowing when I came inside. Nothing major just a little flurrying.

• olcowhand, OldBuzzard, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#1604 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 04:06 PM

Are you SURE that's the same place I visited?

Can't be. Ya done took a pic of some neighbors place :D :D :D

• KennyP, UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1605 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 10:10 PM

Had to drive the S10 to pick up the neighbors daughter from work because the roads are icy. Did one 360 when the back tires lost traction then caught again and stalled the engine. IT didn't do too bad for a one wheel drive on balding street tires.

• Craig., KennyP and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks