wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 06:44 PM

Baby it's cold outside.

Last night Heath decided to start working on his car scrapping career.

heathscrp.jpg

Well this morning you will never guess what I did.

devilcoffee.jpg

Then I hopped in Christine with my trusty thermos and headed out. It was a brisk 19 degrees out.

About 2 miles from the house I heard a terrible noise and looked in the mirror in time to see a chunk of steel go flying through a front yard. I stopped and got out. The boat winch that is attached to the trailer tongue came loose and the 3/4”x1”x6” piece of steel that was under it to make up for the difference in the size of the tongue from the boat trailer had come out.

It took me about 15 minutes of wandering through the front yard to find it. I kicked it back into place on the trailer and tied it down with a ratchet strap and went on my way.

I got to the house and reached down for the pair of gloves that was int eh floor and they were Steph's. I couldn't even get them on my fingers let alone my hands.

So the lady showed me the scrap and I moved the truck over. I had to back through this little ditch and as soon as the front tires hit it the truck stalled. And the back tires were on pine needles. It took me a little bit to get the unstuck and get back to the pile of junk.

Cold metal and arthritic hands do not mix. I kept having to stop and stick my hands in my pocket to warm them up.

BTW this is not an approved way to attach wheels to you RER Snapper.

snpr2.JPG

snpr.JPG

Finally I finished up and then headed by my buddy Grady's shop. His daughter got hit and her 078 Mazda was up there. He wanted me to check it out to see if I could fix the suspension damage. She got luck. Only the lower control arm and the strut were damaged. After he replaces all the body parts that got crimped I will go up and swap the parts over.

Steph sent me a text wanting me to stop and get bread and juice so I swung by Harris Teeter- and got milk and bread. About 4 miles away I realized what I had done. So I made a quick run into the Dollar General to grab some juice. We will drink the milk. Heath and I keep Daniels cows busy.

After Heath went down for a nap Steph and I went out to put the new belts on the DragonFly.

It went great except for one thing. The belt I got was 5/8 wide. After doing some research I realize d that the primary should be ½. I guess finding an obsolete belt is a guessing game. I will keep the wide belt I am sure I will find some use for it.

After we came in Steph got dinner cooked – baked chicken and rice. I was gonna take a picture of it but it disappeared too fast.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#1578 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 07:22 PM

19 was about our high temp today.  I woke up to 2F myself.  Thanks for drinking milk!   Tell Heath I thank him as well. 

• KennyP said thank you

#1579 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,323 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 08:20 PM

Baked chicken and rice sounds good.
Sorry about the gloves. I recently had a round of two left gloves. It's a mystery, "no one" did it.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#1580 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 04:44 PM

Nice easy day.

Slept in a little bit and then

1619142_589666074445633_1766993293_n.jpg

Steph had to go to the store so I bummed around inside till the frost was burned off the ground then I went out and got to work on the DragonFly.

The 5/8 belt I had on the primary was too thick so I put the ½ belt on it. IT works but I am thinking it should still be a bit thicker. It doesn't seem to want to go as fast as I think it should.

Once I had it adjusted the best it would adjust I hooked up the little Brinley back blade and went over to Grahams house.

His step daughter had a friend who was staying with them after the foundation of her house collapsed. She started to cause problems and they told her she had to go. When she left she took her Jeep, pulled over in the muddy yard, and floored it. Twice.

After a few passes with Steph standing on the blade to ad weight I got it looking a lot better.

Now I am at home. Heath is taking a nap. Steph is at the neighbors. My brother is on the phone telling me everything I never wanted to know about his life. LOL

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 5 others have said thanks

#1581 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 01:26 AM

Sometimes company and dead fish start to smell at about the same time. That's gratitude for you!

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#1582 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 06:48 PM

Today I walked to the mailbox and back. Yeah it was that kind of day.

• Craig., KennyP and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#1583 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,323 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 07:02 PM

Today I walked to the mailbox and back. Yeah it was that kind of day.

Run out of coffee?

Sorry your day sucked. Mine was a few days back. I feel for you bud.

#1584 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 07:52 PM

No actually it was nice. I needed a day off.  Although by the time the transmission is back from the shop I will be stir crazy.

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1585 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 07:53 PM

A guy needs a day now & then to just unwind & relax.  Glad you got such a day Willie.  Mine comes tomorrow!

#1586 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 08:40 PM

Bet you & Heath had fun, though!

#1587 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 10:50 PM

Yep , we all have them days. BTW, this thread is epic!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1588 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,319 Thanks
  • 4,665 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 11:00 PM

No actually it was nice. I needed a day off.  Although by the time the transmission is back from the shop I will be stir crazy.

So you'll be even more crazy than you already are????? :hitting_self_roller:    :say_what:    :yeah_that:

We all have to charge the batteries at times!!  This is great weather to do it!!  

Last Sat I didn't even venture outside and stayed in my Walmart-a-shopping pajama pants!!  

The wife made it an issue to point it out to me!  I just told her:  You're jealous aren't ya??  I had to watch the dog like a hawk because he might have fell off the couch and hurt himself!   :sleep_sign:

• KennyP, HDWildBill, UncleWillie and 1 other said thanks

#1589 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 05:29 PM

Not much to report today.

Last night I kinda messed up. I had planned to get up early and get the shop cleaned up in the morning. However, at some time this morning I woke up feeling like I had swallowed napalm so I stumbled into the bathroom int eh darn and reached under the shelf in the bathroom and grabbed the little triangular shaped bottle and took a swig. As soon as I swallowed I knew I had made a mistake. It was Nyquil and not Pepto. So I slept in a bit.

Finally

morecoffee.gif

Then I made my way across the windswept landscape to the shop. First I had to get Graham another extension cord to plug in the light in his well house so I could get my big cord back. So I braved the 4784 6548589547578 MPH wind and made the exchange.

I got the shop plugged in and fired up the frozen computer and the space heater.

The little heater was no match for the wind so I got my big propane torch out and took the chill off.

Then I got to putting tools back where they belonged. After buying the couple of tool boxes in the past couple of months I now have 5768 screwdrivers and almost as many pairs of pliers.

It kept getting cold and I was having to fire up the torch about every 20 minutes. After a couple of hours of that I had an epiphany. We had a single burner propane grill on the front porch doing nothing. I grabbed it and put it in the shop and I was soon all nice and cozy.

After I got that all cleaned up I played around on while a little bit and found my old blog. I forgot all about it. It had been almost 4 years since I wrote anything for it. I may try to pull something out of my hat for it tonight.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, January 25, 2014 - 05:31 PM.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1590 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 07:06 PM

Sometimes its scary to go back and read what we wrote years ago.
  • KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks