UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted January 16, 2014 - 10:20 PM

Calipers are not that hard. if you can rebuild a tractor you can replace calipers.

#1547 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,952 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted January 16, 2014 - 10:28 PM

Yes, I was concerned trying to get it home without doing more damage (warped rotor). I tried to watch your vid and have another Issue. I can watch vids at youtube, but if I try an imbedded link my computer re-boots. This happens at the other site too. Not sure what is going on. My laptop doesn't seem to have this issue so it must be my shop PC that is at fault.  

Back to the Camery, I'll get the parts tomorrow and it looks like the weekend weather will be favorable to do the work, Upper 60's all weekend with no wind.

The master cylinder looks more involved, but doable. Thanks Willie. I may post the procedure in another link.

• KennyP said thank you

#1548 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted January 17, 2014 - 05:07 PM

Some days your the windshield....

stock-photo-young-businessman-pouring-coffee-down-his-throat-2822094.jpg

My alarm was set for 8. Wife woke me up at 10. I went to bed a 4 so I didn't feel too bad

Then while I was.

And still in my robe, my buddy Tim came by in search of tractor tires. I sent him down to the barn and told him to take what he needed. After we talked for a while he went down to look and I got online to check my ads and stuff.

After that was done I got dressed and hopped in Christine to run to the parts house and the pharmacy.

The pharmacy was the farthest away so I went there first. They didn't have my prescription filled. I told them I would run to AutoZone them come back.

I got my trans cooler and 15 quarts of trans fluid and headed back to the pharmacy. They still didn't have it done. So I got to sit and wait.

By the time I got home Heath was down for his nap and Steph was getting tools out.

We got to work on the truck and I got the cooler installed while Steph put the trans pan and drive-shafts on.

Since I bypassed the factory cooler in the radiator I cut the hardlines and hooked the rubber lines to them.

Steph got ready to hook the cooler lines back to the trans and told me they were 2 inches too short. Dangit. Due to my aftermarket AC on the truck I had to mount it a little farther away that would normally be done.

Oh well I forgot to get hose to fix the vacuum lines she broke yesterday so I gave her a list of things to do and I headed out.

At AZ they had a big box of misc pieces of hose. I asked them about it and he said for $4 I could have it. I always need a random piece of hose for something so I bought it and the hose I needed for the cooler and the vac lines.

Then I went to BoJangles and got lunch.

When I got back home we sat in Christine and ate. Steph told me that she couldn’t get the front drive shaft back in because the trans wouldn't move. I asked her if it was in neutral and she said no. She is learning a lot.

Once I had the cooler hooked up and the trans filled with fluid I wandered off into the weeds to find the bumper I bought for the WarBeast and never got installed. I forgot how heavy that dang thing is.

So Steph crawled out from under the truck for a minute to help me get the hitch ball off the Hemorrhoid and get the mobile crane hooked to it. Then it was as simple matter of lifting the bumper and moving it.

I repaired some wiring that we found frayed on the transmission and then realized that we could not find a wire. After 30 minutes of looking up into the dark hole I said forget it. We will find it tomorrow.

My friend Grady came by to pay me something for a job I didn't charge him for. Then he told me that his daughter wrecked her car and he wants me to look at the suspension on it to see what it needs.

After he left Heath woke up so Steph went into get him. I got the big tarp back out and the wind actually assisted me in getting it on the truck. If we don't get it covered up the frost will make every thing soggy tomorrow morning.

I am hoping by noon to have the truck repair done and get to mounting the bumper.

No pics today I was to dirty.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1549 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • Member No: 51445
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 12:49 AM

Willie - best of luck with the trans.

What model is your Sears tractor? Just curious. My dad used to have one. I am conteplating using the motor from it on my White.

#1550 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 11:41 AM

I have an 81 GTV18 and a ummm errrrr  think 74 Sears Suburban ss16 that run. The ss16 has a bad steering gear so it has been sittign for  awhile. I feel bad for it when I see it. Poor girl was the one that got me into garden tractors.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1551 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 01:22 PM

You need something like a Bolens 1256.

Locking diff for traction in your swamp, and being a Bolens, it won't be breaking down all the time :smilewink:

• UncleWillie said thank you

#1552 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 04:01 PM

Once I got

coffee-infusion.jpg

I headed outside to finish up on the truck.

In the light of day I could tell that the connector on the transmission has never had a plug in it. So I tried to get the torque converter bolts in. While we installed the trans the converter slipped forward a little bit and was jammed so all the trans to engine bolts had to come back out and the converter reseated.

With the done we finished up the trans install and then Steph got me sidetracked on the front bumper.

After figuring out what needed to be modified to get the bumper to go on I though to check the transmission .

She slid the big drain pan under it just in case and I started it up and put it in gear. Fluid came pouring out. At this point I am thinking the pump is cracked so I said forget it and we put the tools up and came in.

Tomorrow I will pull it back out and load it up in Christine to take to the trans shop Monday.

I am frustrated so I quit for the day.

http://youtu.be/bS3VegvlgnI

#1553 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 04:09 PM

Something ain't right there, Buckwheat! Great song, by the way!

#1554 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 05:03 PM

You and Daniel seem to roll down the same road.  Always something!

• Sal Mcc said thank you

#1555 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 05:07 PM

After a cigar and a cup of whisky infused coffee I feel much better

• Craig., HDWildBill and Sal Mcc have said thanks

#1556 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • Member No: 51445
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 07:22 PM

Eh, You will get it going one way or another. About the same luck as I am having with my Maytag washing machine. Except for the washer and I are about to come to a crossroads. LOL. 

#1557 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 07:29 PM

You and Daniel seem to roll down the same road.  Always something!

Bill, now don't go jinxing my transmission!  I've not even gotten the Jeep running right yet!

• Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#1558 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 05:48 PM

Busy day for a Sunday.

This morning I slept in a little bit then...

coffeeoverload.png

Once I got outside I pulled the tarp off of the BlueOx and got to work at what seems to be my new hobby. After about 30 minutes Steph and Heath came out to help.

In a little over an hour we had the transmission out and on the ground.

The Hemorrhoid helped load the monster in the back of Christine.

2014-01-19_13-33-05_269.jpg

I had an old 200r4 transmission that the guy at the transmission shop wanted so it got loaded in too.

Once that was done we got to work on a project that has been sitting in the yard since the very first post in this thread. The fire extinguishers.

It took about a hour and a half to get about 30 of them emptied into a 5 gallon bucket. If something catches on fire we have about 55 pounds of fire extinguishing stuff to dump on it.

At around 130 Heath kept going back in the house ( it was warm enough to leave the doors open) which meant he was ready for a nap. Steph put him down while I kept working.

After I finished with that and used the air compressor to de-powderize myself I sat in a chair and smoked a good cigar and waited for the aluminum guy to come get the rims. He wanted 12 more rims to make up a load, I had 20.

Just as I was about to go in the house he called and said he was 5 minutes away. So the cat and I sat on Christine's tailgate and waited.

Just as I had LittleBoy in a purring frenzy Mel pulled in to get the rims.

$270 bucks later and I came in.

I was filthy. My hat was filthy. Steph had gone across the street to see her friend. So I got in t he tub with a bottle of dawn, a scrub brush,and my hat.

The hat was just a bit filthy.

2014-01-19_16-37-04_607.jpg

Now I the hat and I are all clean. The hat is drying. When it is dry I will re-waterproof it.

Steph sent me a text that she wanted pizza for supper so I ordered one.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1559 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 06:26 PM

Busy day for a Sunday.

This morning I slept in a little bit then...

attachicon.gifcoffeeoverload.png

Once I got outside I pulled the tarp off of the BlueOx and got to work at what seems to be my new hobby. After about 30 minutes Steph and Heath came out to help.

In a little over an hour we had the transmission out and on the ground.

The Hemorrhoid helped load the monster in the back of Christine.

attachicon.gif2014-01-19_13-33-05_269.jpg

I had an old 200r4 transmission that the guy at the transmission shop wanted so it got loaded in too.

Once that was done we got to work on a project that has been sitting in the yard since the very first post in this thread. The fire extinguishers.

It took about a hour and a half to get about 30 of them emptied into a 5 gallon bucket. If something catches on fire we have about 55 pounds of fire extinguishing stuff to dump on it.

At around 130 Heath kept going back in the house ( it was warm enough to leave the doors open) which meant he was ready for a nap. Steph put him down while I kept working.

After I finished with that and used the air compressor to de-powderize myself I sat in a chair and smoked a good cigar and waited for the aluminum guy to come get the rims. He wanted 12 more rims to make up a load, I had 20.

Just as I was about to go in the house he called and said he was 5 minutes away. So the cat and I sat on Christine's tailgate and waited.

Just as I had LittleBoy in a purring frenzy Mel pulled in to get the rims.

$270 bucks later and I came in.

I was filthy. My hat was filthy. Steph had gone across the street to see her friend. So I got in t he tub with a bottle of dawn, a scrub brush,and my hat.

The hat was just a bit filthy.

attachicon.gif2014-01-19_16-37-04_607.jpg

Now I the hat and I are all clean. The hat is drying. When it is dry I will re-waterproof it.

Steph sent me a text that she wanted pizza for supper so I ordered one.

Steph is gonna love you for that last pic!

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1560 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 06:41 PM

I texted her that pic while she was across the street. She laughed.