• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 05:55 PM

That is what I need some days.  :D

To get out of bed that is.

What do you think keeps me alive while I sleep.

Did nothing today but watch it rain and answer phone calls. Steph had another doc appointment and then class so Heath and I have been working on eating all the leftover lasagna.  For a little guy he can flat put away some food.

• Craig., KennyP, shorty and 1 other said thanks

#1532 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,465 Thanks
  • 39,697 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 06:19 PM

That's the stuff that makes him grow! Just don't force-feed him!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1533 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 07:17 PM

Force feed???? I had to fight him to get a bite for myself.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1534 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 06:59 PM

Well I got to do something today that I have always wanted to do – sorta.

My pickup today was scheduled for 3pm. So I had a leisurely...

coffeeman.jpg

Then I played around online and with Heath until about 1. I got my 40 year old Tonka dump truck that I got for my 2nd birthday and gave it to him to play with. It has survived 4 White boys we will see if it make it through #5.

2014-01-15_18-57-01_17.jpg

Then Steph and I went out to get the catalytic converters loaded up in Christine and get the trailer hooked up to her. The Hemorrhoid was called into service to pull the trailer to the driveway because nothing else will go through the swamp.

Then I grabbed my thermos and the cigars I was mailing to a friend in TN and headed off.

Living in a small town is great. When I got to the post office I was asked about Heath. After filling the gal in on all the details since my last visit I got my package mailed out and headed to Charlotte.

An event-less hour and one cigar later and I pulled into the transmission shop. The owner came out and looked at my cats and gave me some cash. I told him what the BlueOx did and he said it is 95% that the trans cooler is plugged up and the pressure blew the front seal out. Probably stuff that came from the transfer case.

While I was there I saw this. I asked about it and they said that the guy was driving to Florida and it blew out. His girlfriend was in the passengers seat and it melted her shoes. She didn't get hurt though. +

2014-01-15_14-51-20_263.jpg

Then I headed up to Bar Louie to get a door that they changed out. It is a monster steel door with a stainless steel plate on the front of it. Probably a good 150 pounds. With that loaded and the paperwork signed I lit another cigar and headed to Iron Station.

Many back roads later I arrived and loaded up another misc load of junk from a regular. It included two LED screen TVs. I put those in the cab on the odd chance that they will work.

2014-01-15_17-21-35_404.jpg

Then I had to go to Lowe's to get a long extension to replace the on that grew legs and ran away from home. They had a 20 inch ½ in ch and 3/8 inch for $13 each so I got them . Then I found a screwdriver set to keep on my desk so I am not always having to run out to the truck to get tools.

Steph needed some food stuff so I headed over to Wal-Mart to get it. It was so hot in there I was sweating by the time I left.

I got home and we carried the TVs in the house. Steph had closed my office door to keep Heath out and the old doorknob that has been hanging up broke entirely. The knob would just turn round and round.

The latch would not move so there was no jimmying it open so I called on all my years of experience watching cop shows, braced my back against the wall, and kicked it open. I always wanted to do that. Just not on my own door. I forgot to yell, “Police don't move.” When I kicked it. Dang it.

With the door frame hanging in tatters I hooked up both of the TVs and neither would come on. No idea what is wrong with them. Heath broke the screen on Steph's laptop so I was going to plug it into one of them.

I had to go out to the shop and I saw something I forgot I had. A touchscreen from a high dollar vending machine I got several years ago. I brought it in and now she has a touchscreen monitor for her laptop. It is pretty neat.

Finally I am eating my dinner.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#1535 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 07:12 PM

Then I played around online and with Heath until about 1. I got my 40 year old Tonka dump truck that I got for my 2nd birthday and gave it to him to play with. It has survived 4 White boys we will see if it make it through #5.

That is as cool as it gets I've got some of my old tonka's but with 2 daughters I never really got to pass them on,I hope you enjoy every moment!! :thumbs:

#1536 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 09:55 PM

I stumbled upon a neat video of what Wille might look like if everyone was back in the 1960s. In Britain! Note the um, exciting method of breaking down cast iron  :D   

• DougT, UncleWillie, pigsitter and 2 others have said thanks

#1537 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 10:09 PM

With all that has changed in the past 50 years is is amazing how much has stayed the same. 

Looks like the totter walked into a door in that video. Wonder how he earned that bandage.

I want that cast iron breaker LOL

Edited by mybigwarwagon, January 15, 2014 - 10:10 PM.

#1538 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

• 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 10:14 PM

Just imagine the collector value today of that pile of cars!

#1539 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 10:16 PM

Yeah that was wild to see. I have a hard time thinking that in 50 years anyone will care much about the cars made today.

#1540 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

• 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 11:11 PM

I have to go agree,I drive by a local auto crusher on a regular basis and it amazes me the number of late model cars that are crushed,who knows with the rate they're dying they may have some value in 50 years because so few lasted that long.

#1541 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 16, 2014 - 05:12 PM

Wasted days and wasted nights....

Well not really.

After a 330am sleepy time it was a 10am wakey time for me and...

smell-coffee.jpg

Then I checked some email and searched for tractors then at about 1145 we all trooped outside to get some work done.

First Steph and I got the work area ready. We rolled out the big carpet and put it on the boards that were already out and covered with a tarp.

Then I got in the BlueOx and started it in neutral (it is impossible to steer if it isnt running) and let off the brake. It rolled out of the driveway and sank. SO the Hemorrhoid was awakened from her slumber and got to give me a push.

http://youtu.be/cLlL9aJHByc

Once we were on the mark we got busy with getting the Ox up on jacks. While Steph did that I emptied the bed of Christine out. The load I picked up last night was a bunch of small stuff that was in a trashcan that the guy needed to keep. It got dumped in the bed.

I found some neat stuff in it. A electrical meter off of someones house! A set of grilling tongs and a spatula. And a nice step ladder.

After I had the transmission pan off (not a drop of fluid in it) to let it drain (again not a drop) it was Heaths nap time. Steph put him down for a nap and I left to get parts and run a couple of errands.

First to the bank to make a deposit, then Autozone to get a trans seal and trans filter. They didn't have a cooler so I ordered one that will be in tomorrow morning. Then I ran by the tire shop to pick up my rims.

Then back home.

In about an hour w e had the trans on the ground and the seal put in it. Then we couldn't find the guide bolts that I made last time we had it out. So out came the angle grinder and some bolts got decapitated.

About a hour later the transmission was back in and the transfer case attached. Steph took the grill off while I finished that up.

Tomorrow I go down and get the cooler and a bunch of ATF then head back to put it all back together.

Heath is still asleep. Steph went to the store and brought me back Grasshopper cookies yummmmie. I may have to make more coffee.

• olcowhand, KennyP, sacsr and 2 others have said thanks

#1542 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,465 Thanks
  • 39,697 posts

Posted January 16, 2014 - 05:23 PM

Wasted days and wasted nights....

That was a good song!

• UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1543 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 16, 2014 - 05:30 PM

That was a good song!

Yes it was.

#1544 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted January 16, 2014 - 09:08 PM

Hard to believe what you push with that tractor
  • KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1545 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,953 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted January 16, 2014 - 10:17 PM

Willie, I have an issue with the brakes on my 95 Camery. I knew the master cylinder was going out as the pedal would fade and I had to pump the brakes. Then I developed an issue with the front passenger cappler wasn't fully releasing and I would smell burnt brake when I got to work. Talked to several (City) mechanics and they suggested that it may ne the rubber brake hoses as the issue. I didn't want to get the hoses ($30.00 each) and risk warping the rotor getting it home (35 miles) so I paid a shop to replace the two rubber hoses ($165.00). So on my way home the Right cappler decided to get aggressive, and by the time I limped into my driveway I had smoke coming off the wheel. (speed limit is 75 and I staid at 60 incase the tire blew). So now on this long weekend I plan to replace both front Cappliers and the master cylinder my self. This will save me a ton on labor, I do have a chitins manual so I should be able to pull this off. Wish me luck.    

• MH81 said thank you