caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:07 PM

Congrats on the new house Troy! That looks like a great home in the making there! I hope that the stacking goes well for you too.
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#47 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,850 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:09 PM

Olde voice of experience here, but if your new shop isn't cemented down, it wouldn't be too hard to jack it up and put a pony wall under it. Bingo-- lots of stacking room!! The hard part is learning when to quit. lol

#48 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,480 Thanks
  • 5,011 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:35 PM

Congratulations Troy and I hope your closing goes smoothly. I just amazes me the resourcefulness you city guys show when it comes to collecting garden tractors.
As far as this statement goes

The hard part is learning when to quit. lol

Why in the world would you want to quit? :smilewink:

#49 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:11 PM

oldedeeres, that won't be an option. However, I do have plans on putting a one car addition behind one of the existing bays sometime in the future, Hopefully within five years. Thanks for the advice thought!

Quit? I can't quit. Collecting is what keeps me going. Beside, quitting would be like maturing. I'm 45 years old and that still hasn't happened. I'm planning on going through life as a kid, and as long as I'm a kid at heart, then I'll keep collecting my toys. And yes, I still look through the Toys-R-Us catalog when it arrives after Thanksgiving! The day that I give up collecting toys, will be the day that they lower me into the ground. If I run out of room, then I'll rent storage. All of the different toys that I collect make my kids happy, and they really enjoy seeing toys from when I was their age. Yeah, they might look at some of them a little strange every now and then, but when they understand what the toy does or how it operates, I always get, "That's cool, wish I had one of those". They know that my collection is also their collection, and I know they take great pride in all of the different things we have. Them smiling and being proud is what keeps me going. I do it all for them!
  • MH81 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#50 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 02:01 PM

Well, I just went up to the new house to measure the distance between the concrete floor and the bottom of the ceiling joists in the garage. In order to double stack my tractors, I need at least 7'- 6" of clearance. I checked in various places throughout the bay that I want to do the stacking, and I've come up with a maximum of 7'- 6 3/4". Whew, just made it, but I'll have to be careful not to have my fingers between the steering wheels and the ceiling joists, while stacking the top tractors. I'll be able to use the same system that I have here, since it's all removable, and take it with me. The only difference will be, that here, I have the shelving system built between three exterior walls, like a "U". Up at the other house, I'll only be able to attach the shelving to two exterior walls, like an "L", and have one side completely free standing. Not real comfortable with that, so I need to come up with some type of bracing set up, that can be easily removed when it comes time to go to shows. In the mean time, I think I'm going to contact my Health Insurance provider, and just update the policy a little, just to be sure I'm covered should anything go wrong!

#51 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 02:44 PM

Be careful, death by tractor is a bad thing. Never grow up - it is the leading cause of death in this country.