#31 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 08:31 PM

I remember you saying you were looking at moving and "thinning the herd". It looks like you are keeping the herd? Are you going to build a new storage unit or are you giving your address out so I can stop by and take a look at what's "in the alley". I hear if there's a trash can anywhere within 5' of a tractor it's fair game.

I like ckjakline's idea of getting the Deers on a trailer and parking them off site. Glad you got the house you wanted. Happen to have a pic of the house. You know, we all need to know your GTs will be living at a good home. :D

Yes, the herd is staying. We got the house that we were wanting, so we won't have to downsize. The new place will have a 2 1/2 car garage, so with a little luck and some vasaline, I'll hopefully get them all in. As for a trash can, I heard the same saying, so that is why the cans are all locked up "inside" the shed. Out of sight, out of mind! Here is a picture of the house and the garage that we will be moving into.

[attachment=51070:Our new house Nov 2012 272.JPG][attachment=51071:Our new house Nov 2012 278.JPG]

Garage will be a little tight for a while, at least until I can get the shelves rebuilt for double stacking the tractors.

Edited by johndeereelfman, December 02, 2012 - 08:38 PM.

• MFDAC and Moosetales have said thanks

#32 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 08:36 PM

Wish I was just down the street so I could be of some help

What do you mean Kenny, I thought you were coming this weekend to help? Oh man, now I'm going to be short handed, and won't get everything moved like I had hoped!

Just kidding Kenny, I appreciate your thoughtfulness and wanting to help out. You just get that back all healed up and straightened out!

#33 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 09:30 PM

I bet you are tired. Moving is hard work. New house looks real nice!
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#34 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 10:29 PM

Congratulations. The new house looks swell. I hope the garage holds it all. Looks like a pretty long driveway. Moving is always a pain.

#35 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 11:03 PM

Yes, the herd is staying. We got the house that we were wanting, so we won't have to downsize. The new place will have a 2 1/2 car garage, so with a little luck and some vasaline, I'll hopefully get them all in. As for a trash can, I heard the same saying, so that is why the cans are all locked up "inside" the shed. Out of sight, out of mind! Here is a picture of the house and the garage that we will be moving into.

[attachment=51070:Our new house Nov 2012 272.JPG][attachment=51071:Our new house Nov 2012 278.JPG]

Garage will be a little tight for a while, at least until I can get the shelves rebuilt for double stacking the tractors.

That's great news. I'll bet you could add an elevator and put a second story on that garage....but then the neighbors might start talking. BTW, I can see that GT train coming in handy at the next parade in town.

#36 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,448 Thanks
  • 3,995 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:36 AM

But if you are real tired, you and your family will have a good sleep in the new home :sleep_sign:

#37 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 06:02 AM

Thanks Brian. We were able to get the house we wanted at auction.

Yes, that is a blue tractor, but it's not what you think. It is a 1971 John Deere 120. The previous owner would touch up scratches with whatever colored paint he could find on his shelf. It don't look like much, but for $35.00, I couldn't turn down the deal.

Yes a good deal for sure. For 35$ I'd almost take it even if it were Red! LOL!!

#38 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 11:24 PM

In /89 we moved a whole farm( no, not the 11 quarters of land, just the equipment!),and it stopped being fun in a big hurry! It seems there is no fine line between being a collector and a hoarder. In retrospect it was fun, found lots of stuff we forgot we owned--- have a great time moving your treasures.

#39 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:54 AM

Dangit oldedeeres I wanted to see pics of you moving the land. I am disappointed.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#40 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:55 AM

For 35$ I'd almost take it even if it were Red! LOL!!

Hey now! I resemble that remark! :mad2: ........... :smilewink:

#41 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:03 AM

Sorry Daniel but I couldn't resist! I'm beginning to think I'm allergic to red paint. I tried to paint my mf8 tin and made an aweful mess of it. A defective spray gun ended up being the problem. I switched to rattle cans and found that Krylon Banner Red was a pretty much perfect match to the expensive PPG red I bought to spray. I had trouble with the rattle cans as well. I am still slogging away at it when I get time.

#42 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:07 AM

Troy, the new home looks great. That garage looks like it has a high ceiling which will make stacking easier and allow more headroom in the bottom bunks, so to speak!

#43 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 03:58 PM

Troy, You have a great looking house and garage. I hope you can shoe horn all those Deere into it. Way to go, my friend!!

#44 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 06:58 PM

That garage looks like it has a high ceiling which will make stacking easier and allow more headroom in the bottom bunks, so to speak!

Actually Brian, the bottom of the floor joists are just above the garage door headers. I have about 2 1/2 feet of wall height in the attic before it tapers into roof joists. It will be tight stacking, but I think it can be done. No, let me rephrase that, it has to be done. We are supposed to settle on the house by Friday of next week, so I'll take pictures of the inside of the garage and of the attic storage. I'll try and post before and after pictures of stacking layout, once I figure out which tractors I want on top and below. I really wanted to put the 140's, the 120's and the flat fendered 110 on the bottom, since they are a little more heavier then the round fenders, but I'll have to keep the shelf up higher then I really want to, due to having to clear the steering wheels and seat backs. At our current place, I had all of the round fenders on the bottom, and the flat fenders on top, but then again, I also had 10 feet of clearance between the roof joists and the floor.

#45 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:05 PM

Well at least you should be able to use that attic space to store your spare parts. Good luck with the stacking.