First I cut the bottom portion off so that I could handle the two halves (no chance of being able to wrestle the whole thing at once). I flipped the bottom part up and proceeded to grind all of the welds off.
Lots-o-grinding! A few taps with the cold chisel and the angle steel started popping off.
After I got the bottom part taken apart I sleeved the inside of the legs, put the bottom back on and welded it up. Now I have a very stout and mobile work bench. I wouldn't be scared to park one of my tractors on this thing. Top is 36" high and about 47" x 49". To boot, I ended up with about 120' of angle left over to use on other projects. Now all I need is a piece of 3/4" plywood to use as a shelf on the bottom.
Edited by twostep, December 02, 2012 - 12:00 AM.