Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Tractor Shed

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 03:45 AM

:good_job: Looks professional, congrats. Hope you had a roofing ceremony :beer: :beerchug:
  • JD DANNELS said thank you

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,356 Thanks
  • 39,636 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 05:14 AM

The shed looks good, JD. Good idea to raise it up.

#18 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 05:21 AM

Hey ,what a great looking shed.

#19 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 07:52 AM

Nice job on the shed, that's one of my winter projects.

#20 Brando OFFLINE  

Brando
  • Member No: 14091
  • 338 Thanks
  • 331 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 09:36 AM

I need one of those!!! Nice work and the price cant be beaten!

#21 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,777 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 09:56 AM

"There is not a level place on the whole acreage and I had no way to level a spot"

"I've been putting dirt inside to level the floor using the Ford 1500 3 point dirt scoop and leveling with a blade".

Couldn't you use the scoop and blade to level a spot before setting the building? :loosing_it: :loosing_it:

Edited by KC9KAS, December 02, 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#22 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 01:10 PM

"There is not a level place on the whole acreage and I had no way to level a spot"

"I've been putting dirt inside to level the floor using the Ford 1500 3 point dirt scoop and leveling with a blade".

Couldn't you use the scoop and blade to level a spot before setting the building? :loosing_it: :loosing_it:

That would have been ideal, but you see I moved the shed the 3rd week in August and got the tractor and implements the 4th week of September.

The next big project will be to build about a 48X32 pole building for garage and workshop.
Not sure when it will be in the budget? But I know where it is going to go and it will take fill about 2 1/2 ft deep on the low end. I will probably start moving dirt into that area next spring so it can settle and stabilize for about a year before I start setting poles. One big drawback to putting the fill in after the shed is built or set is it limits your ability to use the machine weight to pack the fill close to the walls.

Edited by JD DANNELS, December 02, 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#23 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 01:31 PM

:good_job: Looks professional, congrats. Hope you had a roofing ceremony :beer: :beerchug:

Professional might be a bit of a stretch, but I have been involved in similar projects in the past.
My dad had a landscaping and grading business when I was a teenager and I and my brothers were the free labor.
I had been involved in moving buildings and houses at that time and Dad helped me move this shed.

#24 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hi JD, my profession is Beton- und Stahlbetonbauer (maybe you can translate as reinforced concrete worker?) and working now more then 20 years as a site manager. And I see your building materials (edit) and I see the details - so I think, it is professionel

Edited by jd.rasentrac, December 02, 2012 - 01:49 PM.

• JD DANNELS and twostep have said thanks

#25 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,777 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 03:13 PM

That would have been ideal, but you see I moved the shed the 3rd week in August and got the tractor and implements the 4th week of September.

The next big project will be to build about a 48X32 pole building for garage and workshop.
Not sure when it will be in the budget? But I know where it is going to go and it will take fill about 2 1/2 ft deep on the low end. I will probably start moving dirt into that area next spring so it can settle and stabilize for about a year before I start setting poles. One big drawback to putting the fill in after the shed is built or set is it limits your ability to use the machine weight to pack the fill close to the walls.

OK, now I understand! :thumbs:

48 X 32 will make a very nice workshop/GT storage area.
No matter how big of a shed you build, in a couple of years it will be too small....Ask me how I know! :smilewink:

#26 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hi JD, my profession is Beton- und Stahlbetonbauer (maybe you can translate as reinforced concrete worker?) and working now more then 20 years as a site manager. And I see your building materials (edit) and I see the details - so I think, it is professionel

I apreciate your review. My younger brother is a Project manager for a big construction company in Las Vegas. He inspected the Shed thanksgiving weekend and gave his aproval as well. It's good when people with a Critical Eye see no major flaws.
  • jd.rasentrac said thank you

#27 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:07 AM

Nice job on setting that up. It'll be nice to keep the weather off of your equipment!

When I first saw the pictures I thought it looked like Tenn's building... didn't he just move some stumps that were next to it... http://gardentractor...ps/#entry237815

I want to see some pictures of you using your dirt scoop on that Ford. How heavy is the ford? does it break traction very easily while using the scoop?

#28 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 11:00 AM

Well depending on the weather I'll try to get some pictures with the dirt scoop. It's a King Kutter and the specs say it will hold 9 Cu Ft. I figure with average soil wt of 120 lbs per Cu.Ft that's about 1080 lbs. The Tracor weighs just over 2000lbs and has a 60" wheelbase. A full scoop makes the fron end light even with 3 33 lb weights hanging off the front.I normally run the tractor in 2nd range and 2nd gear or Reverse when digging and yes I get wheelspin. Instead of trying to dig because I'm just learning the tractor and am finding depth control coming slower than I'd like. I take the rear blade and turn up soil and pile( this gives me crumbly soil instead of chunks and clods) it then move the soil with the scoop from the pile. Yes I get some wheelspin, but that just tells me I'm taking too big a bite or don't have the top link adjusted right, and need to lift the scoop a bit.
To be honest I was skeptical of the usefulness of a 3 point scoop. But would not be without one after using one.
No doubt a loader would be better,but I find they are in the way too often(take weight off the rear, extend overall length to the point the tracor is not manuverable it tight areas) if you only have one machine The scoop is a good option. I think a loader tractor should be dedicated to loader work. To be honest instead of a loader tractor, I want a skidloader to do the landscaping projects I have planned. I've got my eye out for a fixer upper and am doing research on what models would suit me best. My brother has a Bobcat 610 and thinks I should get one too.

Edited by JD DANNELS, December 03, 2012 - 11:34 AM.