• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 10:36 AM

From what I gathered when I was asking some of the guys questions they have to have what looks like a mower deck under them, pretty much just a couple pieces of sheet metal made to look like a deck and keep it light as possible.

#17 dtschopf2003 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 606
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted June 09, 2010 - 07:23 AM

My Name is Dean Schopf Jr. and I am the Events Coordinator for the PA Lawn Mower Racing Assoc. Thank you all for taking a look at a the mowers that were posted. If you would like more info on our sport please visit our website. PA Lawn Mower Racing As far as the deck question, all the classes but one have to have a factory made deck. What most of us do is cut the deck in halve, and get rid of the majority of the weight and weld the deck edges onto the footrails. The top speeds we hit at Fawn Grove are in the 35 MPH range. We keep the tracks short and tight to keep the speeds down. Otherwiase these mowers have the ability to hit the 80 - 90 mph range. By the way, we do offer classes that do not allow any engine modifications, this is to help keep the cost of the sport down so everyone can enjoy it.
Thanks, and we look forward to meeting anyone interseted in what we do,
Dean Schopf Jr.

PS:The black 161 mower is my dads!