Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vintage Ih Cub Cadet Sign

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 02:02 PM

Appears to be from about '61-'63 era ,going by the script.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ec1db848d

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,743 Thanks
  • 7,516 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 02:22 PM

Its pretty cool but, it is a reproduction.

Edited by boyscout862, November 30, 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#3 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 06:36 PM

Thats really cool. Now I know what to say when somebody says, "What do you want for Christmas"?

#4 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:22 PM

When I find a good product, I like to spread the word. This seller makes banners, license plates, and hitch covers in a bunch of GT logos. I bought a couple of his smaller banners, one large banner, and a license plate. He was good to deal with and I'm very pleased with the quality. He carries quite a few different tractor brand logos and also a ton of vintage snowmobile logos.

#5 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 11:38 AM

I think it's very misleading to title an eBay ad with "Vintage" when it's not, then add in the comments "You are bidding on a new replica reproduction Cub Cadet International Lawn & Garden Tractor banner."

Nice banner, though. I'd like to have one hanging in my garage.

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 11:42 AM

I think it's very misleading to title an eBay ad with "Vintage" when it's not, then add in the comments "You are bidding on a new replica reproduction Cub Cadet International Lawn & Garden Tractor banner."

Nice banner, though. I'd like to have one hanging in my garage.

I agree !!

#7 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 11:47 AM

I agree also. I don't believe he had that on his listings back when I purchased from him. If so, I totally missed it.

#8 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 12:15 PM

I like the sign and saw the reproduction representation right away. Nothing deceptive now. Maybe there was a problem before. If I were interested, Jim says he's great to deal with, so that would be enough for me. I might go see what else he has. Thanks Maynard.

#9 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 01:06 PM

I checked out his actual website and it has contact info so I talked to him about doing a GT brand he doesn't currently handle. I never really followed up with the idea and we never got to the pricing stage but he was pretty open to producing custom stuff. He's got a real brick and mortar sign / graphics business (at least I got that impression) and apparently is into vintage sleds. He sells the GT banners, snowmobile banners and drum banners. Like I said, I'm happy with the quality as the banner material is decent thickness with grommets. The graphics are smooth and not blocky like when you try to blow up an image too big. I can take some close up pics if anyone likes. Just a note on the license plates, though. They're smooth plastic, not metal, but it hasn't been a problem for me.

We had a payment problem on my transaction and it turned out to be something Paypal related on his end, so I did get a chance to see how he handled customer service issues. I had no problem with how he handled it.

If you haven't checked out his Ebay store, he has a LOT of different tractor brands. Also, he has had decent sales on the banners, at least there was when I purchased.

Edited by Canawler, December 01, 2012 - 01:10 PM.