• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zyzzxzyzzx OFFLINE  

zyzzxzyzzx

• Member No: 993
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 11:39 AM

I have an old MTD 143-990 tractor with a bad lower PTO assembly. The PTO pulley and PTO shaft mutually self destructed, probably because of the wear of the two supporting PTO bearings.

I am interested in finding somebody with just the pulley and the shaft or the whole PTO bearing assembly. I would prefer used parts since I do not want to put a lot of money into my 30 some year old tractor.

The MTD part number for the double pulley is 756-0177 although it has 719-0175 stamped on it. And the PTO shaft MTD part number is 738-0156.

I found these parts at a site online that even listed them 'in-stock' and so I ordered them, but two days after I ordered them I got an email that said that these parts are no longer available. If anyone has an idea where to find these parts please let me know.

I did find multiple sources for the bearings, so they are hopefully not a problem.

Thanks,
Rich

#2 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted August 23, 2010 - 07:35 AM

Welcome to GT Talk. I think a machine shop could easily make the shaft. I can try and get measurements off mine if that would be helpful. I have a 77 990 that is currently disassembled to the frame.