Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Yanmar 155d In Pa

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 08:16 AM

Looks to be in good shape...4wh drive.....probably a better deal around $2000.

http://www.reachoo.com/ads/86061998

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 08:36 AM

I'm out....too far! LOL

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 09:45 AM

I looked at and test drove one just like that the day before I bought my Ford 1500. He wanted $2750(was not willing to negotiate) for it and was selling it for his son who was in Afganistan on deployment. I passed on it only because the front end was wobbly and I was not sure what I would be getting into to fix it. Could have been simple or a big job. I think his price is reasonable.

Edited by JD DANNELS, November 30, 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:26 AM

Nice price! Those are a nice small compact. It looks like one that was sold here originally. You see a lot of them brought over from Japan and fixed up for re sale. Those ones usually have the aggressive rice paddy tires on them. Providing it is in good condition it would list for 4000 + up here.

#5 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 05:37 PM

I have had a couple down my way for sale in the past 2 years...1 guy bought one with a yanmar factory fel for around $3750.

I was lucky when I went looking a couple of years ago.....I was looking for one of the "3" digit numbered yanmars since they were built to be sold in the American market.....the 155D, 186D, and the 187D were the models I was looking to buy. One weekend a JD dealer just south of Pittsburg posted a 187D with about 580 hours on it, original owner in his 70's, wanted to trade it in on "his last to own" new JD tractor. I am guessing since the paint was red, they really did not know the value or just did not care to sell it, posted it on one of the farm machinery traders for $4200. I emailed them that saturday and called them that monday morning first thing....salesman who traded with the guy got on the phone and described it to me and its condition.....I bought it on the spot, gave them a credit card number to hold it and the asked him if he minded sending me pictures so I would know what I just bought looked like. It is has been a good little tractor for what I need. I would not sell it and if I did would not consider anything less than $5500 for it.
I am hearing with Yanmar coming back into america to sell newer models there is some concern about parts etc from the current "non-dealer" guys.....I am not up to date on what is all going on, but someone who does buy one of these, especially the "grey tractors" may want to just follow up and find out what the status is regarding parts. I hope it stays the same, so far I have been able to get the parts I have needed fairly easily. There are several businesses selling parts, etc for them and they have been good to work with.

Edited by sacsr, November 30, 2012 - 05:40 PM.