• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 08:15 AM

As I was sitting here this morning doing my normal before-work routine of fixing breakfast and reading through GTTalk posts, I got to wondering: What do fellow GT'ers like to fix for breakfast?

This time of year especially, I am a regular consumer of a BIG bowl of oatmeal each morning. Here's how I do mine:

1 cup of oats
2 cups of water, maybe a little more
a fist full of "Craisins"
some cinnamon
some brown sugar

As the water is heating up on the stove, I'll add the fist full of craisins so they can soften. (look at GTTalk until the water boils). When the water begins to boil, add the oats, turn off the heat, and set the covered pot on a hot pad, covered with a heavy dish cloth to retain the heat. Let it sit for 15 minutes or so (while I look at GGTalk, of course.) Then, add cinnamon ( I LOVE cinnamon.... helpful tip below) and a little brown sugar. Makes a pretty tasty bowl of oats! (Consumed while.... you guessed it.... reading GTTalk!!)

Tip: I found a good place on the internet to order spices from. It's called www.myspicesage.com
I got tired of paying HIGH prices at the grocery stores for relatively small amounts of spices, so I looked around the internet. I've been very pleased with myspicesage.com. EXCELLENT, FRESH spices, at WHOLESALE prices. Only needed customer service one time in the past, and they were GREAT to deal with.

Edited by nra1ifer, November 30, 2012 - 08:23 AM.

• mjodrey and KennyP have said thanks

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 08:19 AM

Well ,this morning I had waffles.Quite often I have Cream of Wheat,and sometime I have egg.It all depends on what I feel like at the time.

#3 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,379 Thanks
  • 3,958 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 08:20 AM

mostly: nothing (weight = 116 kg, little less then weeks before) :flipping_flapjacks: :anvil_drop:

#4 TerryD OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5916
  • 132 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 08:23 AM

Most days I have a cup of yogurt, a banana, small bunch of grapes, and ocasionally an orange. Not a health nut, but figure it can't hurt and it's easy to pack.

#5 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,112 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 08:38 AM

I eat oatmeal, with raisons,blueberries,cinnamom.splenda,& butter.I take the easey way out and cook it in the microwave.Not the best way, but quick.

#6 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,405 Thanks
  • 1,324 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 09:01 AM

My wife and I have cheesy scrambled eggs most mornings. We are living the low carb lifestyle in an attempt to get rid of my extra tractor tire I carry around the middle!

#7 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,256 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 09:44 AM

Mine rotates around three different meals. A bowl of grapenuts and splenda w/ 2% milk heated in the micro, oatmeal w/ butter and splenda or 3 slices of wheat toast spread w/ p-nut butter and homemade apple butter along w/ a glass of 2% milk.

#8 oldtimer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 09:49 AM

COFFEE !! and maybe toast. Once in a while a bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat. Then on Sunday's it's anything from a bacon, egg, and cheese on an English muffin to pandcakes, french toast, or waffles. When son or grandson are visiting then all bets are off - big breakfast every day.

#9 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 10:02 AM

I always have coffee. Sometimes eggs with oatmeal bread and all fruit spread, and with bacon, sauge, country ham or no meat. Other times just a bowl of oatmeal with some type of fruit, in or outside the oatmeal. Sometimes, just a banana. Other times CHOCOLATE! ANYTHING CHOCOLATE! I really should stop that one.

#10 Cat385B OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,294 Thanks
  • 8,664 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 10:30 AM

Mountain Dew and Marlboros.

Sometimes I skip the dew.

#11 UncleWillie ONLINE  

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,448 Thanks
  • 7,615 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:20 AM

Big glass of milk and a pot of coffee. I really don't eat much till dinner time.

#12 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:26 AM

Big glass of milk and a pot of coffee. I really don't eat much till dinner time.

I'm with you. A pot of coffee is a must. If I eat breakfast it is usually eggs, ham and an english muffin or whole wheat toast. I usually don't eat till dinner either. A habit I picked up working midnights.

#13 UncleWillie ONLINE  

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,448 Thanks
  • 7,615 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:29 AM

Yeah 20 years of third shift really messed my daytime schedule up.

#14 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:45 AM

A big bowl of mixed cereal with skim milk, raisins or a cut up banana, topped with a few spoon fulls of balkan style unsweetened yogourt. I need to eat something to get started and this is quick.

#15 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 03:04 PM

Either a cup of raisin bran or oatmeal (3/4 cup of old fashioned oats, cooked in 1 1/2 cups of milk, handful of raisins, a little cinnamon and brown sugar). Helps keep the tubes cleaned out.