Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

New Implement Choices For The Wizard. Preferences?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pwombles OFFLINE  

pwombles

• Member No: 7101
  • 200 Thanks
  • 220 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 09:58 PM

I was wondering what anyone would recomend I look for in the way of implements for the 1972 wizard. should I look for MTD 3 pt implements, Or get a 3pt to sleeve hitch adapter and look for sleeve hitch Implements? I would like to at least get a plow, and eventually a tiller. Maybe even a cultivator.Or even a disc. Any recomendations? Which ones are easier to find? What should I stay away from? I would need to have someone else weld for me if fabrication is involved. Help!!!!

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 10:12 PM

I cant speak on the 3 point vs sleeve hitch. Of all the implements I have, I enjoy the plow, tiller, and snowblower the most. Those are the ones I would look for first. Maybe see what's out there and for sale and choose your mount system accordingly?

#3 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 10:16 PM

It sounds like you have a 3 point hitch at this time. If so, any Cat 0 3 point implement should work well. I think you'll probably find it easier to find sleeve hitch equipment though. Or at least it's that way in this part of the world. Adapters from 3 point to sleeve hitch are easily made but you state that you don't weld. If you know someone who does it's really easy. I've also seen them on Ebay but can't remember what they cost. If you can't afford a tiller then I would suggest getting a moldboard plow and a disc to break up the ground after using the moldboard. Hope this answers your question.

#4 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 04:03 AM

Since you have the 3-pt, get an adapter to use sleeve hitch implements as well.

That way you aren't 'locked in' to a particular type, and will have an easier time finding implements that you need/want.

I bought mine from this fellow:
http://www.ballardfa...cat0sleeve.html

He was advertising it on eBay, but I later found his direct web site.

His adapter is very well made. I've been quite happy with it.

#5 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 11:22 AM

What implements would be best depends on what you want to do with it. I couldn't live without my loader, rear scraper blade and tiller, but really love my s-tine cultivator too. I'm actively looking for a landscape rake and a single-share plough, although those would see limited use. Think about what you need/like to do, and you'll know which implements you want.

As for the 3 pt. vs. sleeve hitch, I think the 3 point provides the strongest platform, but the sleeve hitch stuff is certainly more available. I've been looking at getting my BIL to build me an adaptor.