Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

A Little Humor From Those Of Us In Wny.....

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 05:00 AM

beer.jpg
  • Bolens 1000, tinner, HDWildBill and 6 others have said thanks

#2 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 08:49 AM

we say that in PA. the only difference is that the road doesnt have to be snowy

#3 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 09:28 AM

I can remember when it wasn't against the law in Texas to have a drink while driving and that was true. Now days you can't have an open container in the vehicle with you. A friend once tole me the fine for having an open container is $500 and the fine for littering is $250 so it's a no brainer what to do. Thanks for the laugh.

#4 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 12:03 PM

Sure they didn't mean GA? We don't have snow very often but that sure does sound like something these clowns around here would do. :smilewink:

#5 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 12:52 PM

I can remember when it wasn't against the law in Texas to have a drink while driving and that was true. Now days you can't have an open container in the vehicle with you. A friend once tole me the fine for having an open container is $500 and the fine for littering is $250 so it's a no brainer what to do. Thanks for the laugh.

That is fact. Coming from Iowa where drinking and driving has always been illegal, I was a little shocked in 1984 when I spent some time in San Antonio and Austin working. To see on several occasions the police pull up to the scene of an accident, set their beers on the dash and get out to do their investigation..
Ny sure has not got the market cornered on the "Hold My Beer and Watch This line. I have heard that in every state I have ever been in. And there are only 5 I have not been in.

In fact my son was talking over the holiday about being with a friend, who drove off the road, through a ditch and through a fence, hit a deer and then said"Did you see how that deer ran out in front of me?". Sure am glad my son quit drinking and hanging out with that guy!

Edited by JD DANNELS, November 28, 2012 - 01:37 PM.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#6 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 03:10 PM

It was just a funny pic...calm down there tiger....buffalo gets pounded with alota snow and thats what makes it funny because alota ppl elsewhere get nervous over the snow. I have been to many other states as well and this my friend is fact since iv seen entire towns go into state of emergency over an inch....

#7 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 03:15 PM

It was just a funny pic...calm down there tiger....buffalo gets pounded with alota snow and thats what makes it funny because alota ppl elsewhere get nervous over the snow. I have been to many other states as well and this my friend is fact since iv seen entire towns go into state of emergency over an inch....

:oh_shucks: I see you've been to Atlanta. Actually an inch is an over dramatization, more like a flurry. :smilewink:

#8 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,715 Thanks
  • 868 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 03:48 PM

you boys need to come up to canada, we can show what snow is like even in july ha ha ha !!!! i almost hit a skidoo last week while picking up 2 gts, it was funny me carrying 2 lawn tractor and everyone else snow machines

#9 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,597 Thanks
  • 7,654 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 04:32 PM

..... what makes it funny because alota ppl elsewhere get nervous over the snow.

Except Illinois. Here, people have to have that first snowstorm to slide off the road and get stuck. Then they readjust their attitude and drive more sensible.

#10 Enginerod OFFLINE  

Enginerod

• Member No: 1748
  • 205 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 06:34 PM

Every time we would get a good snow the first thing my dad would do when he got home from work was take us to a big parking lot and do donuts! I do the same with my kids sometimes and they think I'm crazy. Dad was the kind of guy that thought it was important you knew how to power shift a 4 speed and power slide a car, I agree, I think it makes you a better driver when you know a vehicles limits.
  • KC9KAS said thank you

#11 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 08:24 PM

:oh_shucks: I see you've been to Atlanta. Actually an inch is an over dramatization, more like a flurry. :smilewink:

lol...close....it was Savannah!!

#12 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 08:25 PM

you boys need to come up to canada, we can show what snow is like even in july ha ha ha !!!! i almost hit a skidoo last week while picking up 2 gts, it was funny me carrying 2 lawn tractor and everyone else snow machines

I used to go snowmobileing in North Bay.....good lord that was alota snow!!!