2 replies to this topic

#1 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

mrf1002u
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10345
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 11:19 AM

I posted this in another thread, but I thought I would start a new post so others would see it too.

"Well, Dougs comment reminded me to check something I have been meaning to do. I called "The Carburetor Shop" - 204 EAST 15TH STREET, ELDON, MISSOURI 65026 - (573) 392-7378 and he claims to have a kit for the Zenith 9711. He says it will fit the 9711a and the 9711b. If you really need one he says it is $94.00. Ouch!, but I think they make these up for obsolete carbs and I imagine they are not a big seller, so I guess the price is understandable. Anyway if you have been looking, he says they have it."

I didn't think to ask what was included in that price. I also didn't think to ask if they has a float.

I posted this mainly because up until now, I thought this kit was unavailable.

If someone gets one or has already had one from them, I would appreciate some feedback on the quality and contents of the kit.

#2 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

mrf1002u
  • Contributor
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:56 PM

Since I posted this, I have found another, more affordable source for this carb kit.

McDonald Carb & Ignition
1001 Commerce Rd.
Jefferson, GA 30549
706-367-4179 Phone/Fax
www.mcdonaldcarb.com
info@mcdonaldcarb.com

Quote:
$25 plus s/h. Kit includes gaskets, float valve (needle & seat), float pin, idle needle and spring, plate screws, etc. We can supply some other parts for the R20T series but availability depends on which part is needed. Thanks.

Morgan
Unquote:

I have also asked if they have the float and the high speed needle assembly. I will post that info when I have it.

Thoughts to live by; by Jack Handy: (Anybody remember that one?)

I only found this source because I posted the original source on another forum. I was reminded by a member there that we should always check with site sponsors when looking for parts. I really didn't think of that at the time and I am glad he reminded me. The cheaper source is in fact a sponsor of the other forum, so if I buy it from him, it is good for him and in turn all other members of the forum.

#3 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

mrf1002u
  • Contributor
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:22 PM

I have also asked if they have the float and the high speed needle assembly. I will post that info when I have it.

"We'd have to fab both those pieces. Float $35, load adj. assy $25. If ordered these two pieces would ship in 3-4 days or so from order date. Thanks."

Morgan

McDonald Carb & Ignition
1001 Commerce Rd.
Jefferson, GA 30549
706-367-4179 Phone/Fax
www.mcdonaldcarb.com
info@mcdonaldcarb.com