Garden Tractor Forums banner

When Will It Fall Through The Ice? 2nd Annual Contest.

4K views 71 replies 28 participants last post by  8tyman8 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, it's almost time to start the second annual Ice Melt contest.

Here is a link to last years opening thread.

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/10796-when-will-it-fall-through-the-ice-contest/#entry129316

Last week, the pond skimmed over with ice, so I pulled last years victim back out of the water, so
it would be ready to park on the pond, when the ice gets thick enough. I lost the hood down there
somewhere, so I may have to find something to strap on there.

We won't officially start this contest, until the tractor gets out on the ice. I'll update on that.
Hey, there's a contest right there. "When does he have enough guts to go out on the ice?" LOL

Here are pics of last years victim being pulled back out.

Water Plant Plant community Natural landscape Terrestrial plant
Water Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
Well, it's almost time to start the second annual Ice Melt contest.

Here is a link to last years opening thread.

http://gardentractor...est#entry138741

Last week, the pond skimmed over with ice, so I pulled last years victim back out of the water, so
it would be ready to park on the pond, when the ice gets thick enough. I lost the hood down there
somewhere, so I may have to find something to strap on there.

We won't officially start this contest, until the tractor gets out on the ice. I'll update on that.
Hey, there's a contest right there. "When does he have enough guts to go out on the ice?" LOL

Here are pics of last years victim being pulled back out.

View attachment 50446 View attachment 50447
View attachment 50448 View attachment 50449
I'm guessing that you're not on your local municipalities conservation commission.

#18 ·
It was very late last year. I think it was around the 10th of Jan. Fall was abnormally mild.
In a normal year, the ice should be ready in a week or so, which it might be this year.
I won't take it out till there is at least 6-8 inches, just in case we get a 2 or 3 day thaw.
Don't want to lose it before we even start.

#26 ·
Would i count if i came along (minding my own business ) and cut a Opening around the tractor :p at a desired time (2 am in the morning ring ding ding bawww ding ding baww ding ring ding ...... Splash "honey what was that sound"...." Idk go back to bed") LOL

#29 ·
LOL can i ask when it went thru the ice last year (or spring)

#39 ·
Count me in! Any polar bears still roaming around up there Will?

Reactions: IamSherwood
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.