#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 08:12 AM

Man ,that would cost a fortune by the time you buy a counter weight for that stack. :D :D

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 11:01 AM

Nice tractor. The stack is too much IMO!

#4 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 11:04 AM

Nice tractor. The stack is too much IMO!

Just a tad too much

#5 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 12:08 PM

It's the water effect again.lol

#6 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 26, 2012 - 12:17 PM

It's the water effect again.lol

:wallbanging: I should have known that.
  • tinbender7 said thank you

#7 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 04:56 PM

thats a nice tractor and it has the rear pto too...

#8 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 26, 2012 - 05:33 PM

thats a nice tractor and it has the rear pto too...

Is it a Thousand dollar tractor?

#9 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 05:55 PM

Well if you strip the bodywork off its basically just like a 300 series Deere and if you watch Deere hydro prices you know this is in their ballpark and over the last five years the prices of old garden tractors in general have skyrocketed.I watch wheel horse prices pretty close and i cant believe what they are asking for some of them lately.A 418A like mine but in nicer condition with a good 48 inch deck around here they are asking 800 and up,now while its one of wheelhorses fancier models it still isn't the tractor that ariens is with its shaft drive,dana 20 rear axle,a brake on each rear wheel and shaft driven attachments.No the ariens doesn't have the deeres 2 spool of hydraulics but it does have a lockout so you can raise front or rear attachments independently.With that said its not worth it to me but i rarely ever give over two or three hundred for any garden tractor.I like pulling them out of the weeds and fixing them.That's a big part of the fun of this hobby to me.The other and main consideration is,this hobby needs to be cheap for me.I cant spent much ever on this hobby and one of the great things that got me into it was i could enjoy it for next to nothing.

#10 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 26, 2012 - 06:06 PM

That, was one of the

Well if you strip the bodywork off its basically just like a 300 series Deere and if you watch Deere hydro prices you know this is in their ballpark and over the last five years the prices of old garden tractors in general have skyrocketed.I watch wheel horse prices pretty close and i cant believe what they are asking for some of them lately.A 418A like mine but in nicer condition with a good 48 inch deck around here they are asking 800 and up,now while its one of wheelhorses fancier models it still isn't the tractor that ariens is with its shaft drive,dana 20 rear axle,a brake on each rear wheel and shaft driven attachments.No the ariens doesn't have the deeres 2 spool of hydraulics but it does have a lockout so you can raise front or rear attachments independently.With that said its not worth it to me but i rarely ever give over two or three hundred for any garden tractor.I like pulling them out of the weeds and fixing them.That's a big part of the fun of this hobby to me.The other and main consideration is,this hobby needs to be cheap for me.I cant spent much ever on this hobby and one of the great things that got me into it was i could enjoy it for next to nothing.

That was one of the greatest oratorical responses I have ever read/heard in my life. However, is it worth a THOUSAND dollars?

#11 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 06:28 PM

After looking at it again (i love the way ariens GT's look) if it runs and operates as good as it looks and if it does have the 3 point (ads says it does but its not on it),then i would say $800 would be plenty high and $6 or $700 would be average.$500 would be a pretty good deal price.Just MHO

#12 shorty OFFLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,945 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 10:14 PM

With that stack,its gotta sound like an echo til the sound gets out. While the price is high it appears to be well taken care of. I agree with the $500-$800 price range. Could be he went high figuring someone will try to beat him down with his price.