• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,715 Thanks
  • 868 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 12:23 AM

Gentleman, winters here and i thought i had finished most of my projects but i added 2 wheel horses today, a 74 c160 and a 75 c120 both with decks, a snow blower and a 36 tiller, the c120 has a rebuilt no hours motor, both need paint (ps thanks for the decal site whoever posted it) to the point, is there a paint code to get the right colour red as toro paint here is way to expensive and i am sure ther are better quality paints with uv protection. a couple of shades off and when i post pics someone will notice, might as well paint them green ha ha ha!!! ps does anyone know if the mule drive from the tiller is the same for the 300 and 400 series . i got home late tonight but will post pics tomorrow after i brush off the snow, and im not kidding about the snow thanks john

#2 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,592 Thanks
  • 7,653 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 07:46 AM

The general consensus is that IHC is about the same color. When Pond had someone mix up paint for him, he told them to get it as close to International red as they could get. Valspar makes a good tractor paint.

Edited by LilysDad, November 26, 2012 - 07:47 AM.

• farmer john said thank you

#3 Joeys446 OFFLINE  

Joeys446

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7621
  • 24 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 04:17 PM

Old Farmall red is the right color.

#4 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 10:10 PM

John, International Harvestor red is as close as your gonna get. Some guys use Rustoleum Regal red. I use Valspar restoration series IH red, but since TSC doesn't sell it anymore it's not as easy to come by. Several local hardware stores in various areas carry Valspar products and have been willing to special order. The mule drive is the same.