17 replies to this topic

#16 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 01:13 AM

so let me get this strait theres a prototype bolens 1886 sitting on the roof of the old bolens plant? thats just unheard of and amazing that since it was never put into production it was not destroyed. did you find the owner and how did you find it up there if you dont mind me asking?

#17 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 05:15 PM

so let me get this strait theres a prototype bolens 1886 sitting on the roof of the old bolens plant? thats just unheard of and amazing that since it was never put into production it was not destroyed. did you find the owner and how did you find it up there if you dont mind me asking?

No that's a different tractor a st### something so I was told from the 80s. There is not a 1886 up there.

Adam the guy I got the 1886 from who is a member here said that a guy he knows who used to work at bolens I think in the 80s as a maintenance man use it to get to stuff on the top of the factory. Being a big flat roof I bet it was nice to have a ride to the other side.
The same guy now works for the company in the south bolens plant and had to go up to the roof to see if the tractor is still there and I guess it is.

#18 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 11:52 AM

oooops sorry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prototype, 1886, prototype 1886, large frame, largeframe