FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 12:09 PM

Does anyone have a snowblower that has the original style hardware for the chute deflector? I have to put mine on, and have all the parts powder-coated, but forget exactly how the washers all go back on. Could someone snap a photo for me? I seem to have 5 of the toothed washers, and three large wide ones. (They "might" go somewhere else too)

Thanks for any help guys!

#2 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 02:56 PM

What style blower is this? I know that Haban made MF blowers and also made the ones used on the PKs. They were very similar, in fact, I think the mounting might have been the only difference? I don't know, but I would be glad to look on my PK blower if it would help you!

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 03:24 PM

Ryan has one, but it's the cable style turner.

#4 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:14 PM

Like Ryan said if you know what one you have it would help. In my parts book it looks like three different shute variations for the different serial numbers. I can post if I know which one.

#5 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 07:04 PM

I have the early style blower that ran the belt right off the motor and not the PTO. Both are the cable style chute, but I was looking for the top deflector at the end of the chute. I think I know how it goes on, but wanted to check to make sure. I "think" the deflector has this convex toothed washer on both sides, and a large diameter fender washer between the inside toothed washer and the chute. Then 1/4-20 bolts with a nylock nut, with the nut on the outside of the chute. The problem is that I have an extra large washer, and just one toothed washer. (Might of been missing some prior?)

I have a feeling that the blower I have in primer (that this chute and deflector are from) is very early. The newer updated to the older blower (engine driven blowers) had sheet metal to cover the chute "winch" and the winch itself was bolted onto the blower body. The one I am rebuilding and have in primer, does not have that. Also, the chute only had a 1/4-20 nut welded to it for the cable, where the newer (old stlye) had a raised shaft that was threaded.

The blower and chute is this style...

IMG_0363.JPG

Here is the way I think they may go. The really odd thing is that the deflector has a square hole like a carriage bolt would go into it, yet the chute itself does not!

IMG_0400.JPG

Edited by FirefyterEmt, November 24, 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#6 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 07:21 PM

AGCO parts books show for the earliest snow blowers.

1 bolt , toothed washer, flat washer, toothed washer, hex lock nut. (in that order)

002.JPG

#7 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 07:29 PM

:wallbanging: I mis read your original question. I'll be up at the farm tomorrow and can look at Ryan's if you still need info, it looks like Doug answered your question tho.

#8 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 07:33 PM

Awesome! Odd that they have the nut on the inside though. Thanks, now I can put the deflector on and wrap the new cable. Granted, it's the 4th time I have BOUGHT this cable! Once, it was too short... then a year later I buy more cable. (and the same length again! The third time it was fit and worked perfect.... but when I turned a custom sleeve, the holes were too small to slip over the sleeve! So I figure this last time will fit perfect!

I did pick up new stainless hardware and fender washers, I figure they should hold up better than the ones I powder-coated.

#9 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:04 PM

I also misunderstood! Your blower is a different style then mine, so I can't help either way.

#10 chiefgoodman OFFLINE  

chiefgoodman

• Member No: 6021
  • 36 Thanks
  • 123 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 09:22 AM

Better hurry FFEMT. They are calling for heavy snow on Tuesday

#11 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 08:07 PM

OK, Ryan's is exactly backwards from the pic. I almost wonder if they're showing the far side bolt in that manual pic?

Here's what his looks like:
PICT0049.JPG

Big washer goes between the chute and deflector, a star washer on both ends of the bolt & the head on the inside.

Hope that helps.

#12 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 09:40 PM

All three drawings in my parts books show the nut on the inside. Other than that just like MH81 said star (tooth) washer on booth ends with the flat washer between chute and deflector. Serial number 1458 007 001 and up does not have the star washer on the inside of the chute.
  • MH81 said thank you

#13 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 11:50 PM

Better hurry FFEMT. They are calling for heavy snow on Tuesday

She's ready to blow! All that I am "missing" is that I still have the AG's mounted and have not swapped the loaded & chained turf's on for the winter. Although, I do have that 225lb lead weight box on the rear still.

I did find the door's that I will use to build the dual sliding doors on the tractor shed though. Found a pile of these 28" doors at a local bargain outlet. $45 each, solid pine. These, some bed rail angle iron and a pair of roller blades later, and I will have a nice set of sliding doors for the tractor shed!

IMG_0379.JPG

After the chute was bolted on, I wrapped new cable on the blower and greased it up. The blower chute works really nice now! I added some thin grease on both sides of the stainless washer between the chute and the deflector too. I really can't wait to give her a good test!
  • MH81 said thank you

#14 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 08:10 AM

Sounds like things are coming together. Be sure to use a good exterior primer on those doors. They are interior doors and need a real good seal to handle being outside. A quality paint on top of the primer will make them last a while longer.