• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:07 AM

That is just too cool! Thanks for posting!

#18 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 01:55 PM

Like you all getting down on the floor is a real pain and getting up is even harder. This is my setup and it caused under $400.

The white lines are so I can align the tractor for the correct balance.
DSCF0565.JPG

The thing on the end is a Motorcycle wheel chock. I can ride the bike up onto the table and roll the front wheel into the chock and it locks down and will hold the bike up. I have eye bolt mounted so I can then strap the bike to the table. I don't know if you can see them but I have 2x2 strips that run out from the wheel chock to stop the front of a tractor.
DSCF0564.JPG

DSCF0563.JPG

I took an HF MC lift and put a 3/4" sheet of plywood on top. The lift has a lip that runs down each side so I used 1x6 and made a frame to support the plywood. The largest tractor I have had on it todate is a cub 50" cut. I have the plywood clamped down to the table so I can revert it back in just a few minutes, but I put my MC on there and works well.

I use a scissor jack to jack up the tractor and remove the wheel's. Recently I put some tubes in the back wheels of a tractor and I had both wheels off at the same time. For those of you who might also work on MC's this is a great why to remove the rear wheel and then re-install because you have micro control over the height of the bike.

It's on wheels so I can roll it around when I need to but I can also lock it down. The table is hydraulic so I can put it any height I want which makes it nice if I'm leveling a deck or working on the engine (no back pain).

I did have to cut out the left side some to get at the pedal and have since modified more the what the pic's show. Another benefit is it doubles as a work bench if need be. For me on a retired budget it works great.
  • olcowhand, Alc, Bruce Dorsi and 2 others have said thanks

#19 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 11:10 AM

Lots of great ideas going here. Keep 'em coming. Really like that rotisserie, and the air lift tables . :thumbs:

At my place I have a sturdy wood table, about knee high that lives outside the garage . I use a pair of loading ramps to drive GT's up onto it for maintenance. Sure saves the back, and the table gets used as a " current project" spot all the time. I'll see if I can get a pic of that setup today, as I have to work on one of the mowers today anyways.

My indoor table is a little heavy, and not real friedly to move around, even though it is on scaffold casters. It is , however, big and well sturdy enough to put GT on, but for a full GT it would has to be rolled outside as the ceiling height becomes an issue. This has been done exactly once, as it is a major pain .I like having the big table, but it crowds the place too much somedays.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC03628.JPG

Edited by marlboro180, November 25, 2012 - 11:24 AM.

• KennyP and sacsr have said thanks

#20 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 04:34 PM

This is a work table I built about 15 years ago and modified over the years. 28" high, 38" wide and 60 inches long. I used a set of wooden ramps for years and about a year ago found a 48" wide and 60" trifold aluminum ramp that was in pretty bad shape that I adapted to the table, not real pretty but it works great. The table has been used as a cutting and welding table many times and has a well worn surface I have considered covering it with 1/4" plate but it would be too slick for the tires to grip when a tractor is backed up the ramp. I use a cable come-along to pull up the dead ones. I use the underside of the table as storage as there never seems to be enough storage.

I have a 1/2 ton chain falls hanging off a 6" X 6" X 16 foot beam running from the header on one side and a wall for the shop office area. Comes in handy for lifting a tractor to put it up on jack stands like the Cub Cadet 169.

Attached Thumbnails

• 169 on the table.JPG
  • Chain hoist 1.JPG
  • Chain hoist 2 - Copy.JPG
  • Table ramp 1 - Copy.JPG
  • Table ramp 2 - Copy.JPG
  • Table ramp 3 - Copy.JPG
  • Table ramp 4 - Copy.JPG
  • Table ramp 5 - Copy.JPG
  • Work table 1 - Copy.JPG
  • Work table 2 - Copy.JPG

• KennyP and sacsr have said thanks

#21 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 06:31 PM

I needed to get the Poulan Hemorrhoid up to work on so I stacked pallets till I got it up to a comfortable height then put my truck ramps on it and pulled it up with my wife's truck. Not very elegant but worked very well.
Posted Image

I like that in the floor lift. Might have to give that some thought whenever I get around to pouring a slab.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, November 25, 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#22 rut3556 OFFLINE  

rut3556
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 15910
  • 8 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 08:32 AM

I got this primarily for motorcycle use, but it works just fine for GT's as well!

http://i575.photobuc...ut3556/Lift.jpg

Edited by rut3556, December 02, 2012 - 08:34 AM.

#23 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 10:18 PM

Nice lift there rut, sure looks good with a Beemer on it. ^^^^

FInally got around to a few pics of my outdoor worktable/ ramp setup. Made mostly of scrap, and serves a mutitude of uses. Got my DLT up on it for some belt/ deck work presently. This interation involved an angle iron c- clamped to the front end for a parking stop. Couldn't find my wheel chocks.

Table height is about 24", roundabouts 42 " wide, and ~
60" ish long. DLT3000 , among others, fit on it just fine. Ramps are from a kit, with my supplied 2 x material.

This table is simple, rugged, cheap and re- purposed from a working trip. Gets a new coat of paint whenever there are enough half empty spray cans laying about. Just today it got a new coat of silver on the top, my wife said " Oh, a silver top this year??? " as she saw me painting it ... LOL ( touched up the greeen too, it was getting flakey)

Attached Thumbnails

• P1011577.JPG
  • P1011578.JPG
  • P1011574.JPG
  • P1011579.JPG
  • P1011575.JPG
  • P1011580.JPG

Edited by marlboro180, December 02, 2012 - 10:32 PM.

• rut3556 said thank you

#24 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:59 AM

Not a super clear picture of my lift, but you can see it works well for GTs.  When it's closed it has a profile of four inches, which makes it easy to roll a dead tractor onto and lifts to 54 inches.  I slip a 3/4 piece of plywood underneath the tractor and use an ATV jack to get the wheels off the lift for tire changes and chain installation.

It is an Atlas brand lift rated for 6000 lbs.  it has lift arms that swing out for lifting cars and light trucks.  As you can tell my little garage won't accommodate much of a truck but has lifted a full size Chev 1/2 ton.  Anyway, I've had it four years now without any issues at all.

rvlwtx.jpg

Did I mention that it has wheels so you can move it around?  Not an easy task though, it weighs 1000 lbs.

Jeff

rvlwtx.jpg

Edited by olcowhand, December 26, 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#25 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,489 Thanks
  • 39,723 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 10:00 AM

Got a pic, Jeff? Sounds pretty cool!

#26 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 10:05 AM

I thought I could just cut and paste from a post I made in the new member introduction area . . . . the link there appears to work though.

Jeff

#27 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 10:10 AM

I thought I could just cut and paste from a post I made in the new member introduction area . . . . the link there appears to work though.

Jeff

I added the pic to your post Jeff.

• KennyP and Watchdog have said thanks

#28 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,489 Thanks
  • 39,723 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 10:17 AM

The link is working too. I remember that now. Nice lift!

#29 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 12:16 PM

Thanks Kenny.  It works well for most things.  Not so great for exhaust repairs on a car though.  I guess you can't have it all. Not without spending a lot of money anyway.

Jeff

• KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks