• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Petenpole OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 70
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted August 18, 2010 - 04:32 PM

Please excuse me for acting stupid today. As some of you know I just finished 2 panzer restorations and i am finishing a 3rd.

Now Dad has 2 wheel horse tractors he wants done this winter. They are very similar to the old lawn rangers but they appear older than that.

Let me explain.

One has about a 5HP or 6HP Briggs and the other has a H60 Tecumseh. Both have round hoods with the engines under the hoods. What makes these different is the gas tanks appear to be part of the hood ( The hood is cutout to go around the gas tank)

What do I have ( I know you want pictures but they are buried in his barn)?

And what engines am I supposed to have, and are the decals available?

These appear to be 99% in tact and good candidates for restoration.

Any thoughts or photos of completed one will be appreciated along with any reference materials on parts engines etc etc including paint color code.

Thank you

#2 MikesRJ OFFLINE  

One of the 1st 500!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 462
  • 70 Thanks
  • 118 posts

Posted August 20, 2010 - 09:30 AM

Based on the information given, and without a few pictures, it would be nearly impossible to pin it down accurately.

Without certainty as to the model, the engine you "should have" is also impossible to say. Engines, as found, are sometimes not original and could certainly have been replaced in the past.

Decals for all models prior to 1985 are available from a few sources; VinylGuy on RedSquare and Ed Mayhew in MD. Neither is easy to get a hold of, but VinylGuy has a website: Redo Your Horse Home Page

I'd say it's time to dig into the barn and get some pictures posted.