#1 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,681 Thanks
  • 8,882 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 10:27 PM

Boy, am I glad I cheated and hung mine up around the house last weekend when it was sunny and 50* F. We got a few inches of snow late this afternoon, the winds whipped up, and the temp dropped like a rock. It was 59 degrees at noon. It is now 25.
  • Tonight Snow likely, mainly between midnight and 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 23 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
  • Friday Scattered flurries before noon. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 27. Blustery, with a northwest wind 13 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
  • Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light west after midnight.
And to think I was walking on the roof last weekend in shirt sleeves. Hello, Winter!

BTW, there is not enough snow to get out the blower. The ground temps are still pretty high, I expect to maybe try the re-done blower out in the morning.

Edited by Cat385B, November 22, 2012 - 10:28 PM.

• A.C.T. said thank you

#2 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 10:45 PM

I did the same thing last weekend. Got all the lights up and working, but waited to turn them on until today (some people turn theirs on to early IMO).

We had some huge flakes falling here. Enough to cover the feilds up, but is pretty much all melted already. I'd say winter is finally here.

#3 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,632 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 11:25 PM

Yeah, that stuff is heading my way. It was up to 61 here tody, but it's going to be dropping fast.

Tomorrow is forcast for a high of 49. and from Sat on it's highs in the low 40's to mid 30s.

Glad I took advantage of todays weather to finish most of the work I need to do on the HDT1000.

About all I have left to do is puttting on the new front tires when they come in, and a bit of a modification to the new dash so that the Ign switch will mount properly.

#4 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 11:45 PM

Good call on doing it in the warm weather. I did mine last warm weather two weeks ago. Mowed the lawn for the last time (hopefully) and got the lights working. I celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday so I turned them on last night.

#5 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 01:02 AM

Yeah, I'm trying to kick myself in my old tired lazy ladder decorating hatin' ass to get at it... 2 years in a row the front pines suffered "limb failure" due to ice and snow and took the gutters and most of the lights down with it. Three times is the charm? I junked all the light strings last year as they were 15 years old but still going until the rippage. We bought a bunch of new strings last year in the after Christmas de-flated price sale. The old ones were clear and this time we bought colored LED's because they look so good on the store's (Adam's) bushes. I used to hang them from the ground with an "installer pole" and made hooks from coathanger wire bent special to fit the gutter edge. No hangers for salvage this year so I'll have to buy some stiff wire, hopefully I can find galvanized utility wire the right stiffness...

#6 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 03:46 AM

Boy, am I glad I cheated and hung mine up around the house last weekend when it was sunny and 50* F. We got a few inches of snow late this afternoon, the winds whipped up, and the temp dropped like a rock. It was 59 degrees at noon. It is now 25.

• Tonight Snow likely, mainly between midnight and 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 23 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
  • Friday Scattered flurries before noon. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 27. Blustery, with a northwest wind 13 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
  • Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light west after midnight.
And to think I was walking on the roof last weekend in shirt sleeves. Hello, Winter!

BTW, there is not enough snow to get out the blower. The ground temps are still pretty high, I expect to maybe try the re-done blower out in the morning.

Ohh grow a pair.. it's -18f here tonight... :smilewink:
  • Cat385B said thank you

#7 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 04:07 AM

mine will most likely be up this weekend......I'm hopeing the weather will be somewhat decent, the cold don't bother me too much it's all the ice I don't like. Cold, snow, theyr manageable, ice- can't do S&$t in that stuff.....grrrrrr

#8 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 08:10 AM

Was wearing shorts yesterday as it was so nice. Current WS temp is 2, Snow is blowing. And of course I waited with the lights.imagesCA5D77MF.jpg

#9 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,681 Thanks
  • 8,882 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 08:31 AM

Ohh grow a pair.. it's -18f here tonight... :smilewink:

Zip it, you. Some peoples' beards stop at their neckline, as opposed to continuing right on down our torsos. So that's enough from the peanut gallery, ya woolly mammoth.
  • Team_Green said thank you

#10 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:11 AM

Yep, I was tired of hearing about it so I got mine up too.

Done putting up lights (Medium).jpg
  • MH81, KennyP and LilysDad have said thanks

#11 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 11:17 AM

Zip it, you. Some peoples' beards stop at their neckline, as opposed to continuing right on down our torsos. So that's enough from the peanut gallery, ya woolly mammoth.

hahahahahahahaha Thanks buddy.. I needed a good laugh this morning..

#12 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 11:18 AM

Yep, I was tired of hearing about it so I got mine up too.

Done putting up lights (Medium).jpg

I just slide the box outside and plug em in.. :smilewink: :smilewink:

#13 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,433 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 11:20 AM

i put all my lights up over the last week while it was in the 50's(F)

#14 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,433 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 06:29 PM

ok im confues now guys i replace the fuse in my lights they work i goto plug them in again the fuse is shot any ideas?

#15 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 07:25 PM

We started yesterday, put out the inflatables:

HPIM2525 - Copy.JPG

HPIM2526 - Copy.JPG

Today we put the lights on the Pine tree in the front yard & put the "porch dogs" together & put them out. More to do yet! ~~ Lowell