#1 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 08:04 PM

Picked up a Cub Cadet 1100 today. :dancingbanana: It was labeled as a 1000 but it had the Briggs engine and peerless transmission so it was really an 1100. Somebody for reasons unknown painted the poor machine to look like a Ford. I am going-to restore it to its former glory someday but for now it will have to get by in blue.Somebody took the original engine out of it and put one in that didn't quite fit so he hacked a huge chunk out of the frame,when he could have gotten by with a little filing. I am hoping to get it running tomorrow and I'll get some pics. for you all. Oh, and the mufflers messed up and I was wondering if anybody had pics of what the original muffler system looks like?
  • BNK said thank you

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,692 Thanks
  • 8,886 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 09:56 PM

http://www.partstree...0&dn=0013300001

Can't find any good pics. :wallbanging:

Edited by Cat385B, November 22, 2012 - 09:57 PM.

• LTD said thank you

#3 truck21 ONLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2813
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 10:14 PM

I may be able to help with that, I think my 482 has the same engine and muffler. I will check mine in the am and let you know what I find.

THANKS DON.
  • LTD said thank you

#4 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 03:57 AM

well it's good to hear you will be restoring it. I don't understand why people just hack away at things instead of useing a lil thought process and finding a better way.....
  • JDBrian and LTD have said thanks

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 05:19 AM

well it's good to hear you will be restoring it. I don't understand why people just hack away at things instead of useing a lil thought process and finding a better way.....

I've asked myself that same question while repairing some mess left behind by a PO. My theory is that at some point the tractor becomes pretty much worthless to them and they will not spend any more time or money than absolutely necessary to get it running again. That's when you see the hacked frames, welding where bolts should be used etc. It can cost a lot of time and money to get these messes straightened out again.
  • chieffan said thank you

#6 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:44 PM

I've asked myself that same question while repairing some mess left behind by a PO. My theory is that at some point the tractor becomes pretty much worthless to them and they will not spend any more time or money than absolutely necessary to get it running again. That's when you see the hacked frames, welding where bolts should be used etc. It can cost a lot of time and money to get these messes straightened out again.

The one that gets me is on older Farmall letter series tractors when people put alternators on them. They always seem to think its neccasary to cut big slits in the hood and extend them out to fit one under the hood. I have done several of them and they all have the hoods original just like they wer built with.
  • chieffan said thank you

#7 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 01:46 PM

Heres some pics(finally). Skipped church this morning because I was wasen't feeling well and I decided to see if I could get it running. Here some pics just after I got it started. Goingto need a new seat cushion and a some cosmetic work but should be anything too major.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0983.JPG
  • IMG_0984.JPG
  • IMG_0985.JPG

#8 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 11:26 PM

Nice looking machine. :rocker2:

#9 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,138 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted December 09, 2015 - 03:16 PM

Robin egg blue and black ?  Didn't even bother to prime it first.  I just bought a Cub Cadet, he thought it was a 1000 with a hydro and Kohler engine.  Engine is bad.  Has another one that runs with a blade.  Used last year but has larger one now and these are in his way.  Not sure when I will go get them.  About 60+ miles from home.