OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm still trying to get a handle on when my HDT1000 may have been built. Since there is, so far, virtually no information on it to be found, I'm reduced to making an "Educated Guess".

I'm thinking that it is a 1984, or newer, based on the fact that it is like the 1984 and newer HT23s. 1984 was the year that they changed the HT23's model number from 2389 to 2389s, with the 's' indicating that it came with Power Steering, Cruise Control and Auxiliary Hydro Cooler as standard equipment.

Now, something I've noticed when looking at some HT23 decal sets is a single one with just HT23 on it. It seems to be the same as the HDT1000 decal that is the front of my HDT's hood in the lower corner.

Did any of the HT23s come with a decal in that position, and if so, in what year(s)?

Heres a pic of the front of the HDT. The decal I'm talking about is on the lower right corner of the hood.

100_4424.JPG

Edited by OldBuzzard, November 21, 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#2 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,415 Thanks
  • 2,118 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 12:55 PM

From what i know the early HT23 is not to have the decal on the front as it was on the side decals. When they changed the side decals on the later models they took it off the side and put it on the front. That started around 84-85
  • OldBuzzard said thank you

#3 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 05:43 PM

OK, that's good info. :thumbs:

I'm going to bet that the decal change happened in 1984 when the model number changed. That would make sense. Of course, we all know that with Bolens, "what makes sense" isn't always what they did :rolling:

I have found out from a French gentleman that has an HDT1000, that there were 2 models of it. There was a 2388 and a 2388s.

With that information, I'm going to guess that they were made for at least 2 years, 1983 and 1984.

He also told me that it appears that most of them were some in the Scandinavian countries and Eastern Europe.

New if we have a Scandinavian member, maybe I can get him to look around any GT forums in that area to see what he could find.

There HAS to be an Owners, Operators, Maintance Manual "out there" somewhere. I sure would like of get a copy.