• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 jadefox OFFLINE  

jadefox
  • Member No: 14325
  • 15 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Thanks so much. I must say that H50/H54 looks good to me, but I'll have to check in the morning. Now I have to still figure out how to mount it.

http://eastmanind.co...P7S8=&tabid=196

#17 heatseaker1 OFFLINE  

heatseaker1
  • Member No: 9263
  • 26 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:58 PM

Don't mention it. Like I said, the GTtalk has an absolutely Terrific Case Forum, that is why I am a member here..com site has alos got a weaoth of info on it also. Some of the members there are lets say purists when it comes to the tractors and varying opinions are not always welcomed with open arms. Its not a bad trade off for what you can learn though.
  • marlboro180 said thank you

#18 jadefox OFFLINE  

jadefox
  • 15 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 10:49 AM

So here's a shot of the two options for lift arm orientation with this blade.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0789.jpg
  • IMAG0788.jpg

#19 jadefox OFFLINE  

jadefox
  • 15 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 11:00 AM

So here's a shot of the two options for lift arm orientation with this blade.

The first (up orientation/IMG 0789) *seems* right to me, but I'd love some confirmation. This does appear to be Dozer Blade Model H-50/H-54 (thanks, heatseaker!). I have the parts manual. but not the operator's manual for how to mount it, so any advice would be appreciated. The blade is not budging from the mount (both the pin lock and the bolt connecting the center push bracket to the pivot bracket are fixed in place--sledge?), so getting the whole thing in position and locked in is a challenge.

#20 jadefox OFFLINE  

jadefox
  • 15 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 05:40 PM

I got the utility blade mounted today. Phew! As you can see in the picture, the lift arm goes over the axle (don't mind the substitute clevis pin...lol). The clearance, as you can see, is not much at all, which means I'm probably not going to be able to leave the blade on, as I'll be doing other tasks besides just plowing this winter. Nonetheless, I'm happy to have it operational.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0791.jpg
  • IMAG0792.jpg
  • IMAG0790.jpg

#21 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:20 PM

Glad it worked out.

#22 heatseaker1 OFFLINE  

heatseaker1
  • Member No: 9263
  • 26 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 10:04 PM

is there anyway to shorten that link that goes between the bottom of the plow mount and the horizontal shaft that the lify arm attaches too? that might give you some more upward lift if thats what you are looking for.

#23 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 567 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 07:40 PM

What you have is the real early blade model it is made for for the quick release I have one on my 3016 I made my own lift bar if your lift bar is a spare you can always drill another hole little farther up the lift bar.You unpin your bar from blade support the blade with something the height you would like run lift all the way up mark where the pin is on your bar then take support out and run lift down making sure pin lines up with your mark before it bottoms out so you can have down pressure if you need it. That where you need to make the new hole best of luck.Roger..

#24 bhildret OFFLINE  

bhildret

• Member No: 1803
  • 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 12:06 PM

It does appear that you have an H54 blade, with the 'over axle' lift system. This works perfectly on the early tractors with Kohler engines.

The J54/J50 series blades were introduced when the Onans went in and incorporated the lift 'under the axle', so as to not have the clearance problem to the RH side of the wide Onan engine.

Perhaps you can locate a newer J54 - L54, or UB54 blade, then trade yours off to somebody with an earlier Kohler equipped Case/Ingersoll.

I recall all the Kohler 442/444's with quick attach will work with the 'over axle' H blades, but only the 222/224's of early vintage with no matching exhaust bump out on the RH side of the hood.

Brian
Salem Power Equipment