Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Brand NEW OEM 48 inch snapper/MF mower deck for sale!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 17, 2010 - 10:52 PM

Anyone looking for a NEW/never seen a blade of grass OEM mower deck for their snapper/MF lawn tractor? Only thing missing are the mounting brackets/rods and gauge wheels. Heres your chance to buy a original factory brand new deck!! 0816101102[1].jpg

#2 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted August 18, 2010 - 08:53 AM

Where are you located and what are you asking for it?

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 18, 2010 - 10:12 AM

WOW...how rare that must be. Possibly the only one left in existence!

#4 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 19, 2010 - 09:42 AM

What tractor is it from, it sure as heck doesn't look like anything from the 1450 or 1650 series, it's not shaft drive, rules out the 1655/1855, it's square so it cant be a MF14/16, it has round shaft mounts for rear wheels, looks like it COULD be for a 1010 compact, but I've only seen them in 54 inch or larger. The later model Massey GTX series maybe?

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 19, 2010 - 09:48 AM

Looks identical to my MF1650's deck, but this one appears to have a {mulching plate?} bolted to the discharge.

#6 tinner ONLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted August 19, 2010 - 09:49 AM

Big Bill, that's exactly like the deck on my MF1650A.

#7 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 19, 2010 - 10:15 PM

Weird none of my decks have the round posts for the rear wheels, mine are square, plus mine has front built in wheels, not skids, my deck covers aren't near as high, and not that it's important, but all of mine are rear discharge. Of course I didn't buy any of mine new, so I don't know what happened before I got them, It's just weird all mine look different. They are all in very good shape maybe they were bought later.

#8 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted August 19, 2010 - 10:28 PM

Where are you located and what are you asking for it?

:ditto:

Need info.

#9 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 19, 2010 - 11:45 PM

Sorry guys for leaving you hanging! Its off a 1650MF or 1650A snapper but I think it fits the 1400 and 1450 models also maybe??? What your seeing on the side facing closest to you is the deflector chute its flipped up or back so can't see the side of the deck. The deck is a friend of mine and he is located in georgia. He wants some serious cash for it but in my mind its worth every penny and I'd buy it if it would work on my 1655 but won't! He wants $1,500.00, think about it....whens the last time you saw a new/never used OEM snapper/massey deck! This is a rare find!!! Let me know if your interested in it! Luke

#10 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted August 20, 2010 - 09:00 AM

Weird none of my decks have the round posts for the rear wheels, mine are square, plus mine has front built in wheels, not skids, my deck covers aren't near as high, and not that it's important, but all of mine are rear discharge. Of course I didn't buy any of mine new, so I don't know what happened before I got them, It's just weird all mine look different. They are all in very good shape maybe they were bought later.

Massey and Snapper decks will all interchange. Both use common mounts The Snappers have the rear post with pins for height adjustment and Massey had a lever on the right side of the deck for height adjustment. Bought my Massey new with a rear discharge deck.
I 3 point mounted mowers had a 1.6-1 ratio gear box instead of a 1-1 used on the belly mounts
Never saw one with wheels on the front but it has crossed my mind to do that.
I saw a 1655 Massey awhile back that had non-Massey mower on it. Mid PTO drive Funny color blue and was mounted to and pivoted from the front axle. Really kicking my self for not getting more info off that mower deck.

#11 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 20, 2010 - 10:27 AM

Sorry guys for leaving you hanging! Its off a 1650MF or 1650A snapper but I think it fits the 1400 and 1450 models also maybe??? What your seeing on the side facing closest to you is the deflector chute its flipped up or back so can't see the side of the deck. The deck is a friend of mine and he is located in georgia. He wants some serious cash for it but in my mind its worth every penny and I'd buy it if it would work on my 1655 but won't! He wants $1,500.00, think about it....whens the last time you saw a new/never used OEM snapper/massey deck! This is a rare find!!! Let me know if your interested in it! Luke

HAHAHAHAHA, That s a good one, for half that I could have one made, or buy two tractors with good decks. Does he really think he's going to find a sucker to pay 1500.00 for a 30+ year old deck, even if it is new, he's high. Where's the adjustment handle?, again it doesn't look like ANY Massey deck I have. heres a picture of mine and there all the same, I've seen other they all have an adjustment lever handle and rear wheels on a bar across the back for adjustment and front wheels

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1568.jpg

Edited by Big Bill, August 20, 2010 - 10:43 AM.

#12 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted August 20, 2010 - 10:56 AM

HAHAHAHAHA, That s a good one, for half that I could have one made, or buy two tractors with good decks. Does he really think he's going to find a sucker to pay 1500.00 for a 30+ year old deck, even if it is new, he's high. Where's the adjustment handle?, again it doesn't look like ANY Massey deck I have. heres a picture of mine and there all the same, I've seen other they all have an adjustment lever handle and rear wheels on a bar across the back for adjustment and front wheels

Are you sure that the front wheels were not added. I have never saw those before.

#13 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 20, 2010 - 11:57 AM

Are you sure that the front wheels were not added. I have never saw those before.

I would have thought that, but all three decks are the same, the new bolt is there cause the old one fell off, they look original to me, maybe not, maybe a dealer option? I don't know, but I don't like the round post wheels with no adjustment handle, pretty cheesy. just wonder why so many had that style of rear wheels on Maseys unless they were replaced with cheaper Snapper decks along the way.

#14 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted August 20, 2010 - 12:56 PM

I would have thought that, but all three decks are the same, the new bolt is there cause the old one fell off, they look original to me, maybe not, maybe a dealer option? I don't know, but I don't like the round post wheels with no adjustment handle, pretty cheesy. just wonder why so many had that style of rear wheels on Maseys unless they were replaced with cheaper Snapper decks along the way.

Yes the post wheels are Snapper. Massey never used the to my knowledge.

#15 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 20, 2010 - 02:57 PM

I think I'm going to convert one of the rear discharge decks to a 3 point shaft drive finish mower