#16 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,311 Thanks
  • 4,661 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:46 PM

I've adjujsted the throttle linkage. I get no raise. Almost like the governor is doing its job. I used the tractor today and its all working. I'm going to adjust the governor arm position on the rod coming out of the engine. That's the only place I have to get rpm.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

So you've read the bible (Kohler manual which I don't have a copy of here @ work) and loosen the lock nut on the governor rod set it as it says. Here's a link to D/L the Kohler K series service manual and it contains instructions how to do this: http://www.kohlereng...pdf/tp_2379.pdf You are on the right track by doing this and you can tweak how you set it up that way but be careful! Kohler's don't do well crankin' too fast!

Good Luck Pilgrim!
  • dropped82 said thank you

#17 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,398 Thanks
  • 1,229 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 05:03 PM

I'm looking for around 3400 rpm's. That is where my 212 is and it seems great there. I also noticed that the stud sticking out from the valve breather cover actually interferes with the adjust screw on the arm that throttle cable attaches to. It cause me to loose some of my from the seat throttle changes. I can't move the throttle all the way down since this screw hits the stud. Now if I adjust the screw to where it will not hit the stud my spring binds up when the throttle lever is moved all the way down. Its a good thing I don't have any hair to pull. Thanks.

Eric

#18 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,398 Thanks
  • 1,229 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 08:19 PM

Finally got my problems sorted. I found it hard to believe that JD would engineer the throttle to hit the breather stud. So I took off the fuel pump and readjusted the cable in the clamp to where it wouldn't hit at the lowest setting. Then readjusted the governor to service manual specs. Everything just fell into place after that. I'm at 3350 rpm's which is where my factory untouched 212 is. Its right on the money. Today was a good day!

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#19 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,451 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 08:28 PM

Good to hear you figured your problem out :thumbs: