Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Ahh Got To Spill The Beans (new Repower Engine For Bolens 1256)

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#76 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 05:26 PM

Here's the Video's

(first person ... Best...)

and the second one thats not the greatest (my Camera has been to Hell and back ...)

• olcowhand said thank you

#77 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 05:30 PM

on the front gear cover near the throttle linkage there is a tin cap covering a nut. remove the tin cap and the outer nut. loosen the jam nut and turn out the screw with a screwdriver a little at a time. She will smoke! You'll see what im talking about when you look at it

I removed that tin cap But got stumped at the nut thing But that makes sense i don't want Alot of smoke i just want a Puff when its loaded up ... How much did you turn yours out ?

Thanks

Ty

#78 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2133
  • 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 05:35 PM

I removed that tin cap But got stumped at the nut thing But that makes sense i don't want Alot of smoke i just want a Puff when its loaded up ... How much did you turn yours out ?

Thanks

Ty

remove the cap nut its just a cover. then loosen the jam nut so the center screw is able to turn. back out the center screw until you get some smoke(i think i did mine under 2 turn so it gives a slight puff when revved up) Tighten the jam nut again and reinstall the cap nut.   Should probably have a pyrometer installed in the manifold and keep an eye on the egts under load

• 8tyman8 said thank you

#79 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 03:48 AM

Very nice job Ty!!! It looks really nice and sounds good too.

#80 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 03:34 PM

I Turned that screw out one turn Runs Way better before it would shake like Crazy at Idle and would stall if you stepped on the hydro Now it Squeals the tires And can get some smoke if you load it up was working on the PTO next thing is the muffler and i think it will be All Stainless steel The only thing is that it doesn't go to fast .. but i think its because i have only had it running upto 2800+- rpm ... i Think i am going to swap the bottom pulley (4"Atm) to something like a 3-3 1/2 on the bottom and a 4 1/2 on the top Or swap out the Hydro with a Sun-stand ... And make it Go 12 Mph  

#81 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 06:51 PM

Sounds great!  If re-pullied, will it still have a slow enough speed for all your needs?

#82 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 06:54 PM

Sounds great!  If re-pullied, will it still have a slow enough speed for all your needs?

Its a Hydro From my understanding the Faster the input the better (Thats keeping inmind that you don't go crazy on the input speed )

#83 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'm speaking of slow enough travel speed with higher rpm's, as for tilling, etc.  

#84 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:04 PM

I'm speaking of slow enough travel speed with higher rpm's, as for tilling, etc.  

Ohh I think so as its on the input side of the hydro so i will just need to tilt the hydro pedal back further (I think ...) Also if it comes down to it i will just run the engine at a lower rpm (in the Range where the power is there ) I Want to find a Axle out of a deere or something with High and low i suppose the only way to find out is to try it

#85 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:05 PM

Id check to make sure your running the 3600rpms like the machine was designed to be run at.  The kubota might have been set to run at a reduced constant rpm since it was made for a reefer.  No reason to swap the pulley if you can just set the throttle where it should be

#86 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:09 PM

Oh yes, a hydro/diff out of a Deere would be nice!  Especially one with turning brakes and diff lock.  The system under a Simplicity Sunstar is the same as under a JD 430, and a VERY strong solid unit.

#87 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:11 PM

Id check to make sure your running the 3600rpms like the machine was designed to be run at.  The kubota might have been set to run at a reduced constant rpm since it was made for a reefer.  No reason to swap the pulley if you can just set the throttle where it should be

i backed the Max throttle screw out some .. i have not had it at full throttle yet i need to borrow a Hand held tac and get a Reading .. and set 3600 ... It would be nice if some one could post the distance the bolt is screwed out From what i gather it was from a Supra 4 someting i think its the same engine you have in your Ht20

#88 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:13 PM

You likely can't go by any other engine as far as how far any adjusters are backed out.  To be safe, I'd only go by a photo tach.

#89 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:14 PM

you could always add the factory tach drive, cable and tach with hour meter to the tractor :thumbs:

#90 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:26 PM

you could always add the factory tach drive, cable and tach with hour meter to the tractor :thumbs:

I have been keeping an eye out for one i am tempted to get someting like a Crank position sencor and rig it up with a Guage on the dash Hows the Newer kubota's done ?