Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 08:00 PM

I have seen this on CL for over a month now and the guy keeps renewing the ad so that it goes to the top which I've done myself with items I'm selling. Now it has been on ebay for a few days with zero bids......I'm curious as to why no one is even trying....I can't say that it would be my first pick but I guess you would think someone would be able to use it....
http://buffalo.craig...3407196684.html

#2 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 13,266 Thanks
  • 7,868 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 08:49 PM

I guess no one wants to pay $400 for it. Not a bad price if it runs as good as he says.

#3 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,678 Thanks
  • 1,348 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 09:28 PM

He's trying to get a GT price for a LT (IMO). Sounds like it might be abit "cobbled" with the shifter area being cut up. With better pics the price maybe could be justified.

#4 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,333 Thanks
  • 1,518 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 09:56 PM

Not a fan of the "Newer" craftsmen tractors dont know how many times ive seen things comeup for sale like that in my area. And the MTD ads are getting just as bad!

#5 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,901 Thanks
  • 2,505 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 11:08 PM

the market is flooded with 90's models LT's... plain and simple. I could buy $150-$200 LTs all day long... may not have a snow blade weights or chains but all of that could easily be had for another couple hundred. Heck if you look/ask around people will give you these old mowers. I had two given to me in one day. One needed a solenoid and one needed a battery.

#6 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:55 AM

the market is flooded with 90's models LT's... plain and simple. I could buy $150-$200 LTs all day long... may not have a snow blade weights or chains but all of that could easily be had for another couple hundred. Heck if you look/ask around people will give you these old mowers. I had two given to me in one day. One needed a solenoid and one needed a battery.

I hear that it's the same issue around my area.....just thin tin is what I call em....people realize they'd rather jus go buy a new one.....if they'd buy an older GT worth investing money into then they might have somethin

#7 dave8338 OFFLINE  

dave8338

• Member No: 6698
  • 196 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 05:47 PM

I hear that it's the same issue around my area.....just thin tin is what I call em....people realize they'd rather jus go buy a new one.....if they'd buy an older GT worth investing money into then they might have somethin

I agree however, if you can't do the work yourself and have to pay someone to wrench on a GT, one could sink a small fortune into it.
That being said, I think you have hit the nail on the head.