David Bradley reverser option

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Merl OFFLINE  

• Member No: 677
  • 1 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted August 16, 2010 - 12:11 PM

I have a DB "60" with a factory reverser on it and the "clicker" hubs.
Can anyone tell me just how are the two supposed to work together??? As far as I can tell if you put the drive in reverse the hubs will just ratchet as they were designed to do.
I have tried looking in the PDF mannuals on some of the DB web sites but so far I have not been able to figure this out.
I salvaged this tractor from a derilect barn at my in-laws and no one could tell me if it was missing any parts (appart from the engine...) They all thought that one of the brothers, that is now deceased, had accuired it for a project but, didn't know anything more about it.
Can anyboby recomend any good sites that deal specificly with walking tractors of any and all brands and all ages?

#2 rriecker OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 220
  • 33 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted March 25, 2011 - 10:46 PM

Those hubs should have a lockout on the back to make them work in Reverse....

#3 Gtractor OFFLINE  

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,380 Thanks
  • 3,805 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 05:34 AM

Sorry to Merl but I never saw this post until now. Thanks to rriecker for bumping it back to the top.
As I recall there is a bracket on the clicker hubs that by torque, locks the ratcheting mechanism [clickers] and allows for a powered reverse. There are "reverse shoes" that go on the hubs but they are usually gone from wear/age. I have a complete reverse setup on an old parts tractor and could get a picture of what I have when the weather cooperates if you need a visual. If someone else has a pic of the reversing hubs - feel free to post - I won't be offended plus I know my tractor is buried. The reverse shoes are being reproduced. I did a search and found these.
Point Caps, Reverse Shoes, Continental Choke pulls

Reverse shoe Clips, Briggs Choke pulls, Clutch rod for reel & Cutter Bar & Snowblower

The Yahoo group davidbradleytractors : David Bradley Tractors - A place to discuss David Bradley Garden equipment
has very good info and pictures of the reverse option and anything DB.

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 07:43 AM

I have the Reverse Hubs on my 55 Super3 but have never had reason to take them apart. I am NOT all that familiar with exactly how it works.
Here are some pics that may be useful from the pages of the Reverse / Speed Changer Manual I don't have it on PDF file or I would load it up.
If you need any Pics of the Hubs let me know and I can take some.
Good Luck

Attached Thumbnails

• DB reverse 5.JPG
  • DB Reverse 1.jpg
  • DB Reverse3.JPG
  • DB Reverse2.JPG