• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 08:39 PM

Still think you shoulda jumped to a 6 or 7 thousand series with a loader........
Posted Image

So do i but the bank said no.. I should have actually bought a 5xxx series with a loader and a passenger seat. Kinda need it now.. I will be upgrading to a 5xxx once i get my health issue under control.. I would like to get rid of that goofy knuckle front axle and get into a strait front axle...

#17 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 09:02 PM

I once had two motorcycles in the garage and the wife said no more. Later down the road she loaned me the money for my fifth one!

As for the David Bradley collection that started 6 months ago I now have four and several attachments. She was a little fussy for a while, but I think it was because I accumulated it so quickly. The trick seems to be to have it running, clean, and painted which I have been working on. The females don't appreciate rusted relics much, so my strategy is to have all the stuff I bring home clean and servicable and not lying around in various stages of disrepair.
  • marlboro180 said thank you

#18 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 09:23 PM

If it is from my wallet, then no questions, just get it home . If I have to dip into any household funds, then nope, not buying another one. This prevents a lot of strife, as we know , and a happy wife is a happy life . :rolling: :thumbs:
  • VSTROM803 and A.C.T. have said thanks

#19 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Hang on a second.
Let me go ask my wife, how to answer this. :smilewink: :smilewink:

She knows, I need tractors, or else I'll curl up in the corner, in the fetal position, whimpering, and she couldn't
stomach explaining that to her friends.
  • Team_Green and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#20 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,316 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 09:32 PM

Mine may complain but we go back & forth a lot.. If we drive by a tractor on the side of the road she always tells me to keep my eyes on the road! She says she doesn't want me to wrench my neck!! It's the same thing that I do to her when we drive by garage sales with furniture!! We laugh @ one another and it usually doesn't get too outta hand.. So I was up to 5 tractors in the barn and dragged another one home.. It was a dream deal!! A JD 425 in rough shape for only $100!! She was outraged.. YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER TRACTOR?!?!?!?

HE he he he I rebuilt that puppy and love it! She got a dream deal too.. She was driving home from work one day and stopped by an estate sale.. There was a huge oak china cabinet and she got it for just $250!! I wondered what the heck as I saw her cruise past me in my truck as I was on my way home from work??? She had to get the thing out of there by 5:00 and it was like 4:50.. So we've been together for 25 years now (I would have got out by now!!) so we get along OK (That's 175 'dog-years' BTW!)

So the latest test of the relationship is this summer when she asked if we could get another dog.. I told her no and you all know how that went..

Time to buy another tractor!

#21 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 09:34 PM

As long as I give them a warning that there is another one coming or if I already sold it. It's all good. So now I have to working on a convincing story as to why I bought this 110.

#22 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 09:43 PM

As long as I give them a warning that there is another one coming or if I already sold it.

You have some explaining to do, for sure, and it ain't about the multiple machines . :poke: :bigrofl:

#23 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 09:47 PM

As long as I give them a warning that there is another one coming or if I already sold it. It's all good. So now I have to working on a convincing story as to why I bought this 110.

When did you get married.... MULTIPLE times???? :smilewink:

#24 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 09:52 PM

I usually don't have to justify or ask unless things are tight in the $ situation. If I know things are bad (like around inspection time) I will ask.

Normally I don't dip into the checking for my hobby, I either sell something or do a little side work to get the folding cash. If that's the case, i don't even feel the need to bring it up in conversation.

#25 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:04 PM

I worked a steady job to pay the bills and did side work to have extra money for fun stuff on vacations and to have a little cushion. I did not ask permission to spend money. Things have changed now, though, and the last tractor I bought was paid for by selling another.
  • GTTinkerer said thank you

#26 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:30 PM

The wife and I have an understanding, I don't say anything about her 'toys', and she doesn't say anything about my 'toys'.

What's even better....she likes the road trips, and the longer the better. Especially if we take the motor home.

Of course we do let each other know what we are up to, and make sure that we aren't 'breaking the bank'.

Edited by OldBuzzard, November 13, 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#27 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 05:10 AM

If it is from my wallet, then no questions, just get it home . If I have to dip into any household funds, then nope, not buying another one. This prevents a lot of strife, as we know , and a happy wife is a happy life . :rolling: :thumbs:

I agree, that's how I work it too. I make a little on the side for my play money and that is my limit.

#28 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 06:41 AM

You have some explaining to do, for sure, and it ain't about the multiple machines . :poke: :bigrofl:

lol Sorry, I have to explain it to the girlfriend and my parents. Should've reworded that a bit. :wallbanging:

#29 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 08:04 AM

Normally I don't dip into the checking for my hobby, I either sell something or do a little side work to get the folding cash. If that's the case, i don't even feel the need to bring it up in conversation.

About the same here except she gets the military retirement check and I get about half of the social security check, the other half pays the truck payment. I do show her what I bought though but only after it lies around awhile and collects enough dust to say I bought it awhile back.

#30 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 11:14 AM

My wife is great! She doesnt give me too much grief about my toys. Her only area of complaint is if I get too many sitting around that "need work". Then she starts reminding me that I need to finish up a few projects before I start new stuff.

As for money, we both get an "allowance", and can do whatever we want with that money - been doing that for a long time and it works for us... And I fund a lot of purchases by horsetrading and selling what I have fixed up. Anything that comes out of the house money (from either of us) gets discussed. It just works better that way in our situation. YMMV.....