New To Me 445

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Enginerod OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1748
  • 203 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:45 PM

Drove down to Ohio today to pick up a 445 that was a good deal. 1160 hours and a 60" deck, pretty good shape and runs well, deck is very solid. Supposedly has the steel cam gear already installed. I have had my eye out for one of these for a while but they were all way out of my price range. Now I would like to find a snowblower for it and I would consider parting with the Kubota G5200. It seems to cut grass very well and the suspension seat is great, no jolts to the spine on my bumpy lawn! Both taillights are missing but I hear they are pretty cheap, I may just make a plate to cover the hole and recess some LED lights in there. Now to get rid of the 318 and MF12G to pay for the 445 and clear up some room! No pics yet, sorry.

#2 Jehtro OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3300
  • 109 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:07 PM

"get rid of a 318" , seriously? Took me 8 yrs to get mine, deal after deal,

I guess everyone has eyes on different things,

#3 Enginerod OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1748
  • 203 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:33 PM

I would keep them all if I could but I have come to the realization that I don't have the room or the opportunity to use them often enough. This is the first tractor that I consider I got a really good deal on, most of the other ones are pretty much money losers but are cool to have and use. As far as the 318 goes the hand control hydro is not my thing, If it had foot control I may have never looked further, that is probably why I like the G5200 so much. Recent thinking has me to the point where I need to downsize to 2 or 3 tractors that have the capabilities that I want. The 445 is a step in that direction with the power steering, diff lock and strong hydraulics that don't need an external pump to run a loader. With that being said I wouldn't get rid of the Massey 1855 because I like its looks and the way its built, with the rear PTO and three point. The Yanmar YM 165D may have to go too because It's probably more tractor than I need. My problem is once I got the things my eyes were on,it made me want different things, if that makes any sense.

#4 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:57 PM

I love my 445 with the 60" deck and hydraulic 4-way blade. Very comfy, versatile and all around a great tractor! You sure got a good one.

#5 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 05:02 AM

sounds like a great deal. Congrats...can't wait for the pics.....