#1 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted August 15, 2010 - 08:59 PM

Last Wednesday evening and again this morning, I took a 5-gallon bucket full of okra and offered it to people at church. Okra is just about the only thing that seems to thrive in the excessive heat we've experienced lately.

(I was in our local grocery store this weekend and saw their sorry excuse for okra that they were trying to sell. It looked BAD!!)

#2 SandburRanch OFFLINE  

SandburRanch

• Member No: 835
  • 0 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted September 11, 2010 - 09:30 PM

Last Wednesday evening and again this morning, I took a 5-gallon bucket full of okra and offered it to people at church. Okra is just about the only thing that seems to thrive in the excessive heat we've experienced lately.

(I was in our local grocery store this weekend and saw their sorry excuse for okra that they were trying to sell. It looked BAD!!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two things that keep me from ever attempting to grow okra again. Grass Hoppers love it and the wife can't go near the plants or she breaks out in terrible hives within seconds. Eating it doesn't bother her.