jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 05:25 AM

Just wanted to say thank you to all of our veterans for standing up for freedom !
  • NUTNDUN, mjodrey, powerking56 and 15 others have said thanks

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 05:27 AM

Yes,thank you to veterans everywhere.
  • NUTNDUN, Fabman, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,669 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 05:43 AM

To All Veterans, thank you and 'Welcome Home'!

#4 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 05:58 AM

Veterans, thank you for your service to these United States of America. I appreciate your sacrifices.

#5 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 07:30 AM

A heartfelt Thank You to all the veterans and folks currently serving here and arround the world.

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 07:31 AM

I stared at this empty reply box for a full 2 minutes, searching for the words that would convey my gratitude for all the Veterans, present, past and future. Somehow, " Thank You" seems insufficient, even tho it is more than any Vet has asked for.

As I get older, I have a better understanding of my parents reverence for those who serve their country. I will attempt to instill the same in my children, so they understand why Thank You can never be enough and hopefully teach their children the same.

Thank You Veterans, Thank You.
  • NUTNDUN, mjodrey, ducky and 6 others have said thanks

#7 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 08:10 AM

I stared at this empty reply box for a full 2 minutes, searching for the words that would convey my gratitude for all the Veterans, present, past and future. Somehow, " Thank You" seems insufficient, even tho it is more than any Vet has asked for.

As I get older, I have a better understanding of my parents reverence for those who serve their country. I will attempt to instill the same in my children, so they understand why Thank You can never be enough and hopefully teach their children the same.

Very very well put!! A big thank you to all the veterans and a personal thank you to my uncle johnny one of the ever dwindling number of remaining living pearl harbor survivors

#8 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 08:18 AM

I agree that a thanks isn't enough to convey the gratitude that I feel, but it's all I have to offer here. The defense of Freedom and Liberty are a priceless blessing to those of us who reap the benefits. Thank you and may God bless you all for your selfless sacrifices!

#9 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 08:59 AM

+1
I agree. Thank you Veterans. In spite of all the problems we are having these days, it is still the BEST country around. And it wouldn't be that way, or maybe even be a country at all, if not for all those brave men and women who answered the call to serve. Thank you.

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:19 AM

So true and could not agree more. Thank you to all of our Veterans.
  • Fabman, HDWildBill, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#11 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:08 AM

Dunno what else to say except I couldn't agree more! I know of a few vets myself.
  • Fabman, HDWildBill and ol' stonebreaker have said thanks

#12 RoosterLew OFFLINE  

RoosterLew
  • Member No: 9848
  • 82 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 11:17 AM

http://www.cutlooser...eterans-message

Here is a link to my Veterans Day message.

If you know a Vet, buy him lunch , or Coffee, ………or a gift, tractor parts are always nice :)

If you know the family of one of our men or women who have fallen in foreign lands, take some time to visit them today and remind them that their sacrifice will never be forgotten.
  • KennyP, Fabman and ol' stonebreaker have said thanks

#13 RoosterLew OFFLINE  

RoosterLew
  • Member No: 9848
  • 82 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 11:34 AM

As a Vet myself I'd like to say…Why Sunday?? I want a Tuesday off every year!!
All kidding aside, thank you for the "thank you's". It is more than enough that once a year our great Nation sets aside a day to remember the sacrifices we and our families have made.
Every American should feel special to live in a place do awesome that at any given time, at any given place, our sons and daughters will stand up and lay it all on the line to protect and preserve our way of life.
I hear every year someone mention us as a " police force" to the world. To that they usually add something to the effect of its not our place or problem.
Those of us who have been there know, protecting the innocent, helping the helpless & standing up for those who cannot stand up for themselves is The American Way. The defeat of evil, the righting of the wrong & proliferation of humanity is our duty & our privilege.

• caseguy, KennyP, Fabman and 1 other said thanks

#14 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,861 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 11:42 AM

So well said Alan.
Thanks to all the Vats everywhere.
  • ol' stonebreaker said thank you

#15 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 04:27 PM

I am not a vet. I grew up in the Vietnam war era and knew more about protests than I did about freedom and threats to our country. I was married and had a child, a daughter before I was even out of high school.
Fast forward to a new era and into another century. I now have 4 children and one is a son attending high school. He seems to be some kind of weirdo or something. His friends are pretty clean cut and don't do drugs and stuff. Sure I don't like a lot of their music but that's OK. He's staying out of trouble and actually asks if they want to go out to do things. "Dad, I want to join the NJROTC in my school. They do all kinds of fun stuff." 2005, after 4 years of NJROTC in high school, he tells me he has enlisted in the U.S. Air Force with a guaranteed job in finance thanks to a recomendation by his commander in NJROTC. After his first term of 6 years, he is stationed at a base in his home state, Florida, He is close to his life long friends, still has that good office job and is now into another term, not sure for how long.
I am proud of my son, wish I had been a little more like him and yes, I still don't like most of the music he listens too. Although it surprised him last year when he was here and I was playing a video of Daryl Hall singing "Paylizer" with members of "Finger 11" on my computer.
Happy Veterans Day Mike and all the other Vets, past and present!
  • ol' stonebreaker said thank you