jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 12:30 AM

I have a set of automatic hydro bypass valves from a CC (I think 129) and was wondering if they would work in my JD 314. The ones in my 314 (manual release) are stuck in the freewheel position. Anyone know offhand?

#2 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 05:11 AM

I think they will, I believe they use the same tranny.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 08:13 AM

If they look the same externally then it should thread right in. I have a sticky one on my jd317 so I'd appreciate knowing how hard they are to remove. It looks like someone had a wrench on it at one point and messed up the nut portion of the valve a bit. A socket won't fit on it but a little work with a file should make it fit. If you'd let us know how the transplant goes I'd appreciate it.

#4 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 08:34 AM

The trick is to clean around the valves very good, they sit in a hole in the tranny, and will have dirt around them. The hex portion looks to be only 1/4" high, but they are really about a 1/2" high.

#5 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:24 AM

If they are just sticking, you can often clean them up instead of replacing them. I had a problem with the relief valves on my 316K. Pulled them, soaked them overnight in PB Blaster, then took a pin punch to work the stud and ball back and forth and loosen it up. Took a while (move it, soak it, move it, soak it...) but they freed up fine.

Heres part of the text from the post when I rebuilt mine in Oct/11. You can read the whole thread as "Pictures of my 316K Refurbish" in the Deere forum here;
"More progress today. - Motivation! Engine ran yesterday, but no locomotion. Topped off the trans fluid this am, but still no movement. Did some research online that pointed toward the check valves being stuck in bypass.

Pulled the seat deck off (again!!!) and unscrewed the 2 check valves - sure enough, they were stuck solid. Soaked them in PB Blaster for several hours, then took a small punch and inserted it in the hole at the bottom of the valve. GENTLY apply pressure to the ball via the punch, which pushes the stuck pin up. Soak some more, push it back down, reapply the punch, repeat, repeat, repeat, etc Anyway, by mid afternoon, both valves were free and working good. I was REALLY happy, because they are $130.00 EACH.
"

And a couple pictures;

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG00037-20111012-1437.jpg
  • IMG00042-20111012-1617.jpg